Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

zedprime posted:

I don't have any exact sources but it feels like this comes up in every dev discussion about sanity adjacent games and most of them say Eternal Darkness (and Metal Gear Solid's Psycho Mantis before it) could only ever work as a single bolt of lightning and/or its very much a product of the time. Specifically for the meta parts, because games like Bloodborne/certain parts of Souls, Control, Undertale, Nier Automata do get pretty weird in universe and presentation occasionally. Among other things we don't have nearly as narrow of a language of technology that lets you do a convincing volume, input source, or controller freak out.
I can't remember if it was Saints Row 3 or 4, but one of them has a bit where it makes it look like your computer has crashed. I definitely thought it was legit for a moment, the first time I saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I believe both do that, actually. It's just that 3 does it in a single cyberspace-focused mission, while 4's whole thing is cyberspace-focused so its playing with that is more spread-out.
Yeah, 4 has a bunch of fake glitches and stuff when your character is in the simulation, but one of them (and I think it is 3) has a bit where it looks like your computer has crashed so badly it's rebooting. The glitch stuff in 4 never got me, but that reboot did.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I've recently been playing a lot of Baldur's Gate 3, and I have encountered so many bugs. Some notable ones include:
  • Characters regularly T-posing and gliding around.
  • Stuff happening in real-time during supposedly turn-based combat. A couple of times I've had new enemies enter combat during my turn.
  • Clothing and character models turning partially or completely invisible.
  • Unconscious characters being treated as dead in dialogue.
  • Enemy corpses incorrectly getting flagged as friendlies, so looting them counts as theft.
  • Having a torch in your inventory (not lit, nor equipped) can cause flammable materials to ignite. This one took some figuring out, because the first time I noticed it was when I walked into a room that turned out to be full of explosives and thought I'd somehow triggered a trap without ever seeing a perception check. Since then I take care to never, ever carry any torches or candles or anything else that might count as an open flame.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Upsidads posted:

Looting some faction corpses is theft, and frowned upon, crazy I know
Yeah, those are the "friendlies" I referred to. Looting your allies' dead friends would be considered poor form, I know. But, for example, when I fought the drider alongside the harpers, looting the drider corpse at the end of the fight was flagged as theft. None of the other cultists who came along with it, just the leader.

PurpleXVI posted:

This one's a feature, not a bug. "Turn-based" only applies to characters currently in combat, EVERYTHING else in the gameworld continues at real time, which also means you can run in one character by themselves to start a fight, then snap everyone else over to stealth and sneak up behind the enemy from a different angle while they're facing one guy, and ambush them from an ideal angle.
I acknowledge that it may not be a bug, as such, since it's apparently how it's designed to work, but it's absolutely nonsensical and inconsistent. Especially with regard to some environmental features having a place in the turn order and others not.

But hey, here's another fun one: After a long rest, characters are supposed to get up and walk to their idle spot in camp. But because the game also autosaves at the same time, the animation often doesn't work. Usually they'll either stand (or T-pose) and glide, but just now I saw Karlach travel to her destination while still lying down, looking like she was being carried off by an army of ants. :haw:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Owl Inspector posted:

I got a laugh out of seeing a petrified person T posing in BG3

Bonus T posing bird:

Corpses also do this. And it happens practically every time I load a save, and also sometimes when I travel to a new area, so I see it a lot. A couple of times I have loaded a save and had a brief moment of "wait, there was a guy there?" before realising that he's dead.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

don longjohns posted:

They better not fix this one. I always go to my inventory screen during any moving transition. It's the best.

It really is any movement in any direction.

And if they move toward the camera, they get zoomed way in then pass through the camera, which spins around to follow them as they continue past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sure, you escaped the zombies, but now you're in space.