Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Eh! Frank posted:

Here's the video where it happens, at about 13 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on1rJ33gzkk&t=780s
The whole series is great, but that moment is just amazing.

The moments before and after Busto AKA "God Trash" destroys that truck in the background at 13:35 is art. Fuckin' ART, I tell you. Between Car Boys and Monster Factory, Griffin McElroy should be the official mascot of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Ready! Set! Blow! posted:

The newest Europa Universalis 4 expansion/patch added a bug where if a nomadic nation gets wiped out while it's in the middle of a tribal succession crisis, its ruler will re-crown himself every single day.

I love the roman numerals getting broken too.

"Should we program any bigger roman numerals than L?"

"Nah. How many members of a dynasty could there possibly be?" :v:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

We Know Catheters posted:

The ref is just impersonating the Undertaker.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Simsmagic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl2rxyrByMg

Oblivion physics are the best physics

Any excuse to post the patron saints of the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXxdC9X3hxg

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Feonir posted:

Be sure to watch Car Boys and Touch the Skyrim if you enjoy Monster Factory.

Yeah. Car Boys is even more about glitches than Monster Factory. MF glitches are usually accidental. CB glitches are the goal and the norm. They get a crash test dummy to do a fantastic impression of Tetsuo in a bunch of the episodes. They got a motorcycle wheel to create a whole other universe in the last episode.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

theshim posted:

Touch the Skyrim shouldn't be as funny as it is but for some reason I break out in hysterical giggles when watching the adventures of BONE DOGG.

I just wish the game volume was just a bit louder so we could her the dulcet tones of DMX whenever BONE DOGG dies repeatedly.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Dude's doing like 3 podcasts, 4+ YouTube series, it's the holiday season and he just had a child. I don't think the series has been dropped my dudes, he's just busy as gently caress.

I assumed people knew something I didn't, but if he just hasn't updated it in two weeks, I'm not worried. I couldn't function worth a drat when my baby was first born.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Last Chance posted:

Why am I watching two guys who sound like Shmorky play with character creator sliders for ten minutes and then mess with the debug console? And why is this the patron saint of the thread? I need help here

Last Chance posted:

Yikes. I mean I'm giving it a shot and I guess some of the ways they play with the engine are amusing, but I'm so put off at how the dudes in these videos just sound like my youngest cousin when he plays with his action figures or something. "Bam you go in the toilet because you're a garbage boy stinkman!" :psyduck: It's like baby talk.

Snap to about 19:20 for a better example of what we're talking about here. The final boss of the game literally liquefies because the physics are broken. Also, the dumbass humor is funnier more in the timing of how the brothers try to get a rise out of each other in the moment than just some goon quoting it out of context.

To each his own.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your SHAUN! Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists SHAUN! > PYF Funniest SHAUN! Game Glitch: SHAUN! Being invisible SHAUN! will no longer SHAUN! make you deaf SHAUN!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Crossposting from the .gif thread:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Kikas posted:

It's not the same without the sound -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J58QjIhqv8

And I think that the author, Helix Snake, is the true patron saint of this thread, just by the sheer volume of his Skate 3 videos.

Yeah, I can get behind that.

Speaking of which, I followed a link to another HelixSnake video at the end of that one and.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRCjLFUz-gw

:stare:

That may be the most violent thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

Person tries to mod out pooping in ARK and winds up with unexpected results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

Well, that's it. Video games are art now.

Nuebot posted:

poop is an important part of ARK. If you wind up captured and locked in someone's torture hole (because it's far easier to knock someone out and lock them away where they can never attack you again) then they can force you to eat and keep you alive. So eating your poop to death is the only way out.

Holy poo poo why would anyone play this game

Rexicon1 posted:

I loving actively hate you and what you stand for if you don't enjoy monster factory. How can you even live with yourself.

Prior to these recent posts, the only thing I had ever heard about ARK was in MF and Dino-Angela Lansbury. Luckily, there were no torture basements.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Just to make it better; taming a dinosaur takes literal hours even for relatively minor investments. Like, four hours for a level for poo poo dinosaur that any jackass can stab to death. Every official PVP server is basically owned by giant tribes that systematically ensure no one can tame anything or get beyond stone tier. Stone used to be the point where you were pretty much safe because short of explosions, nothing could break stone easily. Then they introduced a dinosaur that could just eat stone. This is fair and balanced.

Huh. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

People in ARK realize there are other video games they can play, right? I can lend someone a copy of Doom 2 if that helps.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

RatHat posted:

No clip but there's this Steam review

And the posts in the Griefing thread about it.

quote:

Unfortunatly since it's an official server, and the game is still a PVP game, you'll always have to deal with tribes of people who just hate everyone, and will kill and destroy just as the game intends it to do.

Hahahahaha. "People want to play against other people on this MMO for some reason. And how dare they play the game correctly instead of turning it into Farm Simulator 2016 like we did!" <:mad:>

Griefing tryhards like this will never not be funny. I miss the Griefing Thread. Also,

Slime posted:

If getting shot within several seconds is aimbotting I'd love to see this guy play an FPS. Any FPS.

This. I (and every other halfway decent FPS player on the planet) have been accused of using aimbots for just being good enough to hit someone in the head from time to time. In other words,

quote:

we just believed that anything we'd submit would just be pushed off as "Oh they're just salty!" or "They're just crying wolf because they're dying alot!"

Yes. That is correct ARK player. This is why I don't play a lot of MMOs. People are loving dumb as hell.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Jeza posted:

When I was a kid I played Lego Island and I still vividly remember a game glitch that I can't find any record of online. The game froze for a moment, then the idyllic sky went red and the clouds turned black. All the lego characters then began to fall to pieces and reform in constant flux with their heads spinning. The sea turned into general static, i.e. black/white green/pink and the giant square land textures turned into Big Brother-esque screens of the Lego person's face you were talking to. So I was just standing on a giant talking face while the person was just disassembling and reassembling before my eyes, head spinning Exorcist-style while the happy Lego world turned into hell itself.

Obviously it left quite an impression on me.

This didn't happen to anyone else. Your childhood home sat on a portal to hell, and you are in hell now.

(For real, though: this is hosed up and awesome and I hope someone can find a clip of it happening)

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

cage-free egghead posted:

On the topic of Jon Bois articles and more relevance to gaming, his article about filtering in nothing but 99-rated players into the NBA is loving fantastic.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/28/8500333/nba-y2k-ten-years-to-midnight

The one he did prior to that where he shuffled in 1-rated players is great as well. Basically anything Jon Bois does with sports games is hilarious.

Holy poo poo. I didn't realize he did a sequel to All Is Lost. This is amazing.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda animations

I like this post.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

My wife is playing The Gamecube Harvest Moon and she had a cow disappear on her. She can't feed it because she can't interact with it. The only reason she knows it still exists is because it shows up in her roster menu. She could sell it from the roster but she didn't in the hope that it would un-glitch and appear one day. It didn't, and got sick from malnutrition instead. Now she can't sell it because it's sick, and she still can't interact with it to give it food or medicine. This is particularly sad because this is a game where you literally have to hug chickens and cows to keep them alive.

Also, the cow was only a day old before it began it's existential nightmare journey.

My wife is now waiting for the calf to die. It's the only thing that will free up that spot in the roster.

:negative:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

:hmmyes:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

"My wrestler name is a killing word!"

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Zil posted:

But why? I mean surely he had an idea something bad was going to happen because why else spend 50 minutes at the same soda machine?

Something something 28 Days Later.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

neogeo0823 posted:

I know I've seen it in Breath of the Wild, using the magnesis rune. Magnesis lets you lift and move ferrous items, like metal boxes, old minecarts, etc. However, it stops working if you try to stand on the thing you're moving. Instead, take two metal objects. Old mine carts are easiest and can usually be found relatively close to each other. Use the magnesis rune to place cart A on top of cart B. get onto cart A and use magnesis on cart B to lift it up. Fly off into the heavens on your bulky metal chariot.

BRB, going to railgun myself into the sun

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

No no, this is modern baseball, he gets thrown out of the game

It can be both, and often is.

I for one miss Lou Pinnella. :allears:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Yeah. If anyone ITT hasn't read the original Breaking Madden articles, I recommend it. Jon references one of them in this video, but there's a bunch of other ones. Fumble Dimension started as a more video LP revisit to Jon's attempt to destroy basketball by replacing every player with goobers that can't play basketball, just to see how the game handles it. In both versions, the game seems to be able to tell something is wrong, and starts revolting.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

"Is this him?"
"Oh yeah. That's, uh...him."

Dabir posted:

If you want actual glitches, FF6 is a mountain of them, but my favourite is that all your party members are secretly moogles.

At the start of the game, there's a big scene where Locke has to keep the Empire away from Terra with the help of a bunch of moogles. In order to save space, each moogle is occupying the memory of one of the characters you'll get later, and they only get replaced with the actual character when you get to name them. If you can somehow skip naming the character, they get added to your party as their moogle counterpart. That's not actually very helpful, cause aside from the one that's supposed to be a moogle none of them have any abilities, but you can do it.

FF6 is bar none my favorite game but holy poo poo are there a lot of glitches. There's an overflow glitch that you can get with just a couple characters (without using any other witchcraft). The game only registers 9999 damage at a time, but the actual value goes up to something like 56,000. But if you can exceed that, like power-leveling Terra and using her Morph, the game doesn't know what to do with a number bigger than 56,000 and just starts over from 1. So as far as the player in concerned, their OP character goes from doing 9999 to triple digits.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Dabir posted:

FF6 also has the incredible Psycho Cyan bug.

The character Cyan has an ability that puts him in a unique counterattacking state, where if he gets hit by a physical attack, he counters with a special attack. Using that special attack pulls him out of the counterattack state, so it's one use, one hit, one counter, pretty straightforward.

However, FF6 has a status effect called Imp. While turned into an Imp, characters can't use their special moves or spells, only normal attacks and items. So what happens if Cyan readies a counter then gets Imped? He counters with a normal attack, which doesn't have the function to remove his counterattacking state. So he'll counter every hit against him until you de-Imp him.

But where this gets really fun is what happens when he dies and gets revived while he's ready to counter. For some reason, that breaks his targeting, so he'll respond to any regular attack used by anyone against anyone by counterattacking a random enemy. And when he's in Imp status, his counterattack... is a regular attack. Which he counters. Which he counters. Which he counters. Which he... And so on, until everything before him has been slaughtered.

BRB going to make a solo run at Kefka with this. :unsmigghh:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

stab posted:

Then theres always Vanish/sketch for maximum hilarity

:hmmyes:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

This is fantastic. I love that, after all the silly bullshit, he still more or less beats the Shadow straight-up.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Man, American Rules Quiddich is brutal. :ohdear:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

bows1 posted:

What does this mean

The ball in that clip looked to be flitting around in the air, like the magic doodad in Harry Potter, a quiddich. Normally, that game is played by children flying around and being transphobic, as opposed to 22 men on the ground giving each other CTE for two straight minutes.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

dialhforhero posted:

Skyrim glitches, and by extension Bethesda glitches, are amazingly evergreen,

Glitches. Glitches never... changes? :pseudo:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

lol

The Terrain 15 thing is so dang cool.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

All this talk of bad Yugioh AI reminds me a bit of the OG Culdcept. The 3DS port (Culdcept Revolt) is the best version of the game but lacks the... unique charm of the original. The original Dreamcast/PS2 version didn't have an AI issue, but a major translation issue. Culdcept is a marriage of CCG and Monopoly. So accurate, consistent, and intelligible translation is critical to the little nooks and crannies of interactions that come up in a CCG.

It did not do this.

A new player will start by noticing funny but benign quirks like the creature Ba'al named "Ba=Al." But then you start noticing mechanical glitches baked into the mechanics of cards that are the result of programmed mechanics not matching the wording. And then there's some cards that are utterly unintelligible as written, like Quetzalcoatl:

Quetzalcoatl posted:

Boost (creature with First Attack ability that will not be obtained after ST+10)

I'll give you a fighting chance to make sense of this:

Boost is a passive ability that buffs creatures of the matching type.

First Attack is like First Strike in MTG. It's a keyword some creatures have.

ST is short for Strength, the game's version of Power in MTG (i.e. a creature's damage).

Now: I dare you to tell me what this loving card does. (No cheating if you've played the game.)

Here's what it does: Quetzalcoatl gives +10 ST to your creatures who natively have First Strike, i.e. do not gain it in combat by an item or enchantment effect.

Somehow, I love Culdcept and it is one of my favorite games.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

So I started Skyrim for the first time over a month ago. This game has been out a decade, so I figured the Bethesda-rear end physics is all ironed out by now.

Five minutes into the game, the guy who gets his head chopped off ahead of the PC in the introduction clipped through the ground. The engine didn't know what to do with his body when it collided with the raven stone in this scripted cutscene that has been seen literally millions of times. Just down there, headless and T-posing. It was a wonderful introduction to the game.

To be fair, I have had very few problems with it since then. Maybe a half dozen physics sharts in 100 hours of gameplay. This engine is being asked to do a lot, and it mostly works. Still, even though it isn't an example of the physics breaking, I do love how corpses will sometimes fall in an upright position. I killed a wizard, then killed him again when his pal raised him as an undead, then I killed her too, right on top of him. This was the result:

"I think he came, girl. You may need to wait a bit."

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

my skyrim install has a tendency to get stuck viewing angles. like, i cant look around, but if i move the mouse and hit wasd, i can get the angle to change incrementally. completely impossible to play like that, and it only kicks in randomly

maybe i should update wine

My buddy said that back in the the day there was a bug in Skyrim that froze the third person camera at long range if you ever turned into a werewolf. Like, it stayed like that for the rest of the game and you coulnd't move it or zoom it in. It has apparently been fixed. I'm playing as a werewolf and I haven't had the issue, but I'm running the Special Edition that came out within the last couple years. I just mention it because your issue sounds something like what he described.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

I just hit 100 hours in Skyrim and I haven't experienced any savebloat. I've never been able to do first person poo poo with a controller very well, and I don't have a console anyway. The current, definitive PC version has been running pretty well on my middle-of-the-road, two year old laptop. My buddy has been warning me about some bugs that have never come up. For example, he said back in the day, the Dawnguard expansion added random vampire attacks inside towns. This would sometimes result in the death of important NPCs, or just NPCs you want to have around. So you could have a vampire show up in Whiterun and just waste the fucken blacksmith. The game would not give these NPCs plot armor or replace them, so if the vampire killed shopkeepers in particular, that town was just hosed. Apparently folks made mods to give NPCs plot armor for these attacks. It hasn't been an issue for me because I haven't had any vampire attacks. I have the Dawnguard content, so this version may have just wisely scooped out the annoying vampire attacks inside towns. :shrug:

I do keep experiencing some... odd behavior on the part of the town guards. Sometimes when I fast travel to a town, there's like ten guards, maybe the whole garrison, all heaped on top of each other, right next to my spawn point. They all just promptly climb off each other and go about their business, but it's weird as hell.

Maybe related to that, sometimes I'll get a glimpse of a guard blazing past me like The Flash just as I spawn into town. Like, she's covering 100 yards in a second. It's as though the game is Dark Helmet playing with dolls in that scene in Spaceballs, and the PC has barged in on them loving around with where the guards are supposed to be and then scrambling to snap them back into place in a split second.

"Did you see anything?"

"No, Todd. I didn't see you playing with your dolls again."

"Good!" :tinfoil:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

I adopted two children in Skyrim. I left them the house in Whiterun, and I live alone in the woods at Lakeview. The last four times I've been to Whiterun, the adopted girl hasn't been around. I just fast traveled there and arrived at 3 AM, and she wasn't even in bed. The boy was there, the girl was not.

Is.... my daughter dead? I thought Todd didn't allow children to be killed in these games. I just want her to find me random alchemy reagents to make sure she's ok. :ohdear:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

lobsterminator posted:

The boy probably just ate the girl because you left them with no food or supervision for long periods at a time. You are a bad parent.

Hey now! Hey. I left them with food. I do leave for days at a time, the girl has recently adopted a pet fox, and I am a werewolf. But this is all fine.

Upsidads posted:

It's Skyrim
The house clearly ate her
Check under the house

I assume she is stuck in someone's house, or maybe with the sickos in Dragonreach. It seem plausible that she followed me into a house by way of the dialogue glitch (that pulls NPCs who are talking at you into doors you pass through) and just got stuck somehow.

Carthag Tuek posted:

lol try looking up the child's RefID and console player.moveto [id] to teleport to their location, see what theyre up to

ids here:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Adoption

This is really useful. Thanks!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's kidnapping sidequests. Look around for a note. I think.

There's also a bug where Lidia or whatever her name is gets stuck randomly in Carlotta's house. Can't even remember what town that is and I'm too lazy to check.

:aaaaa:

I genuinely assumed some kind of glitch was more likely, that Todd Howard had abducted the kid. An actual plot was like third on my list.

Cool if true. I'll find out shortly if this game is going to turn into Taken, But With Werewolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

UPDATE

My kid was locked in a neighbor's house. It's a house that is always locked because the owner is at her produce stand all day, and at home at night. The kid must have followed her little pal into the house and got locked in. The two kids play tag all day, so I figured maybe mine glitched into the building. I had to pick the dang lock. All three of them poured out of the door the second the lock was picked, as though even the owner was locked in her own house.

Her pet fox was left in the house, though, and I can't interact with it in any way. I can't even manually pick it up. I'm sure that will work itself out. Maybe.

So, for those keeping score, Todd Howard kidnapped her.