Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Speaking of Arma II this one is sort of amazing. For context, it's fairly simple to make custom missions for Arma II. Some are amazing, some are poo poo and then there's this. I suppose what stands out the most was it's made by Rocket, the creator of DayZ. Wait for the ending on this, it sort of draws it all together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vC8yF6LsY
(And yes, this is a video from me and some friends but I just love showing it off since it sorta goes to show that Rocket has always been a bit :downs:)

Edit: The mission description makes things just that much better all things considered:

Description:
From the author of Island Twilight comes a compelling, fast paced mission packed with action and surprises at every corner. You and your team-mates of Bravo troop must rescue Michael Sadler, who travelled to Iraq as part of an investigation into alleged human rights volations by the new Iraqi National Army. He was kidnapped by an Al-Quaeda cell near the border, and rushed out of the country.

Features:
Compelling, fast paced, mission
Voice guide provides information through mission
Dynamic objective locations, each playthrough is different
Smart AI helicopter interactions
Norrin revive script

Tracula has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Nov 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

miscellaneous14 posted:

To be fair, AP on PC without any of the community fixes is a pretty miserable experience.

You got a link for any fixes you'd suggest? I grabbed it a while back but never really got into it and I'd like to not slog through another well written lovely Obsidian game.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Audio is a bit low and I hosed up and recorded at a fairly low quality but this glitch was loving hilarious in Planetside 2 and it's a shame it was patched so quickly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jz0yn_aVBs I recall it being refereed to as "Jigglybones" and if they ever put that out as a cash shop running animation I'd buy it in a loving heart beat.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was watching a friend play WWE 13 once and maybe 10 minutes into playing it the first time during the commentary it all of a sudden went "TEMPORARY PLACE HOLDER" in a super robotic and female voice. I laughed for about 10 minutes straight afterwards.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Rujo King posted:

Be careful when you stare into the skybox, for sometimes, the skybox stares back.

I can only see Willem Dafoe when looking at this.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DStecks posted:

poo poo like this gives me flashbacks to working in computer repair, having people come in with laptops running Windows 95 on 256 MB of RAM, wanting it to run faster. This was in 2010.

It's a strange thing. I presume the people bringing in those computers were baby boomer-ish in age? There's something they don't seem to get, in my experience, about the fact that computers just get old and worthless after a while.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

If there could ever be something summarized as GameGlitch.gif this would be it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Okay I know this is the wrong place to ask and I'm afraid of a derail but I played the first season of Walking Dead and thought it was a masterpiece (not tried the second season so gently caress off with spoilers). Is Wolf Among Us worth a shot or no?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Geokinesis posted:

In Broforce if you use your knife whilst standing on a pig corpse you can ride it through the air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmxRdJ9u3ic

That would make a pretty :krad: feature honestly.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Agh, christ. About a second after that timestamp plays there's a really sharp audio crack that comes from it. I had my sound up and that was not pleasant.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

wyoming posted:

Dude's just trying to get to the store.

http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/ZTea3z4.gif&v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM&s=12

Had to.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Croccers posted:

Do you still kick around corpses just by walking through them? I loved that feature in Demon Souls.

Sadly they omitted such a feature in DS2. There's a boss who has heads you can knock off that you're able to soccer ball around after the fight but that's about it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I remember on my old lovely Dell desktop I was loving around with Morrowind in the console, setting things up crazy high levels, etc. The funniest loving thing was setting my acrobatics to something dumb like 100000000000000 and as soon as I jumped my computer just restarted. No crash or anything just a forced hard restart.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Haruharuharuko posted:

Dark Souls 2 on PC happens to be janky as gently caress go figure.

I call this one tweddley deeddley legs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhnXQlvo1I

That's fantastic. It reminds me of a Planetside 2 glitch that got dubbed Jiggle Bones they fixed unfortunately quickly. I have a pretty crappy video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jz0yn_aVBs

I'm fairly sure someone posted a better example a while back in the thread.

Edit: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2Y2LHS-xs&t=507s

Tracula has a new favorite as of 05:52 on May 27, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So a friend of mine gifted me Colonial Marines for my birthday and because of the summer sale. I cannot close it. If I close it through the game, right click and close it from the task bar or even the task manager it just reopens instantly. I have to force close Steam to make it stop. It literally will not let me quit :gonk:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mister Adequate posted:

The cruelest and yet least severe of the game's issues.

PS: Your friend is a masterful troll.

It's loving perfect and I have said 'gently caress you' at least a dozen times. He had no idea. It was a 100% accidental troll.

Edit: Is there any good way to steam/record this? I feel it's worth recording for posterity.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Its happened to me too.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Mehh, like others have said, this doesn't really fly. Even if you go with the whole 'transitions are sometimes weird because different teams made the levels' thing, it's not like there wouldn't be someone overseeing how the levels were being designed. The way it works when you break a project up into teams, the teams are assigned specific projects decided on by the producer or director to insure consistency, and are then given a schedule with regular progress check-ins to review their work. They aren't just left to do whatever-the-gently caress and then you jumble it all together at the end and go 'whoops, tee-hee we made a lava level over your mountain, oh well!'..

I mean, even if you assume that someone had done something so hideously irresponsible with managing the creation of the game that it was all slapped together from disparate teams who were working independently with little to no communication, do you honestly think no one ever checked in before the completion of the game to see what the teams were designing? That no one would be like 'hey don't make that type of level for that area' or 'hmm, these are the levels we are making, maybe we should put the sea of lava at another transition?' I mean, if it was really so slapdash, then why wouldn't they just move the lava world somewhere else? Just switch a portal with another level that makes more sense to put up there. And do you really think they'd make it all the way through testing without anyone commenting on the strangeness of the inconsistency?

It's intentional. It should be obvious it's intentional just by the inherent nature of games and how they're made.

Why did you go back three pages for something nobody cares about? :psyduck: Can every thread pertaining to games have the subtitle "Shut up about Dark Souls 2 level transitions" (Especially the Dark Souls 2 thread.)

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOQDm-Fnq30

Lyrics are a tad :nws: but it's a loving crime this doesn't have over a million views.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
ArchAge has one of the best glitches I've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6g_hgSgg0U

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Robindaybird posted:

and watch them explode for mentioning Brawl, for some reason the supercompetitive types hate Brawl with a passion and only consider Melee to be the one and only game to play

Tripping and floaty physics in brawl make melee fans lose their goddamn mind. Before it even came out I had three friends telling me Smash 4 was gonna be awful because of reasons.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Yeah, Nintendo realized tripping pissed of literally everybody thankfully. What's nice about the 3DS and WiiU is that if balance is hosed and there's some character that's just a god tier way above everyone else they can actually patch it and fix their poo poo this time around.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Literally everybody was hyperbole on my part I admit. But regardless of the whole casual vs pro thing it was just an unnecessary inclusion.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Can we have series like Breaking Madden for every sports game?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Lizard Wizard posted:

That is a horrible tumblr.

What, you don't dig Palutena's Booty and Shine Bright like a Shota? :colbert:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Is this a bug or a feature? :psyduck:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

ChaosArgate posted:

That's not a bug, that's a romhack/fangame.

Sort of a shame. Part of me would believe you could somehow use a TAS to force every robot master to spawn at the same time.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Cicadas! posted:

Schmorky's voice is like a Bethesda glitch happening in real time, like somebody hosed around with the sliders and now he sounds like he should be hosting a skeevy local-broadcast kids program.

Wasn't there a guy who used to do Donkey Kong LP's that suddenly turned into mickey mouse? Do LP's have some sort of voice-glitching effect on people?

I can't remember the details but I know there was some LP guy who sounded almost exactly like Kermit the Frog.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Those are amazing. At a glance I thought it was some of the Gaming Garbage that Lowtax has done.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I have had the strangest glitch with Dragon Age: Inquisition. So when you make a character you get to choose between 2 different voices I believe. Half way in my character (A male dwarf warrior if that matters) shifted to the other voice I didn't choose. So now I'm significantly gruffer than I used to be and holy gently caress is it distracting. There was a very specific point that it happened. So gonna take this for minor spoilers?

You get to Skyhold keep and Hawke shows up. During the first conversation with him I notice the player character sounded totally different. I -think- male Hawke has the same VA as one of those for the Inquisitor so the game doesn't know what to do and switches you to the other one? I haven't the slightest clue.

I could be wrong about something here but I'm loving positive the main character randomly got a new VA half way into the game for some goddamn reason.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

ZeeToo posted:

That happens reliably if you customize appearance there.

Ugh. I hate to bitch because DA:I has been really quite stable compared to most AAA releases thesedays but this isn't something anybody caught or fixed? This doesn't even seem like all that complex of a thing to catch.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

eating only apples posted:

It seems to be because the character creator comes with a voice selection option, but when there's no need to select a voice it goes to the default - for dwarves and qunari that's the American voice, for elves and humans it's the British voice. People playing an American dwarf won't have any issues. Hawke's character creator sets the Inquisitor's voice as well as Hawke's. I had to go with default Hawke instead of my awesome beardy mountain man because the voice change for the Inquisitor was too jarring :(

I found this out a bit too late unfortunately so I'm trans-british now for the rest of the game unless they patch in some sort of recustomize for the main character :(

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I don't know if this is :can: but this is why I'm not really all that enthralled with Goat Simulator. It's just not as funny when the glitches are intended but in Skate 3 or wrestling games it's loving amazing because this poo poo ain't supposed to be happening.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Nuebot posted:

As for actual on-content posting: Last night I ran into one in E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy that I've been trying to replicate because it cracked me up and I need to capture it. Sprinting through a hallway I ran into an NPC who then flipped through the air and imploded. I don't know why, because normally they just step away from you if you run into them. But this guy just flipped up into the air and collapsed in on himself, it was great and I was laughing too hard to grab a screenshot :(.

Are you sure this was a glitch? Because I'd believe that anything in E.Y.E. is a feature.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I am still baffled by the fact that Breaking Madden only gets better. I didn't think he could top the Superbowl from last year but my god.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I feel linking the LP of Lets horribly break Pokemon Blue is somewhat obligatory right now.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

ToxicFrog posted:

Way back on page 4, someone posted some screenshots of the Sims 2(?) going horribly wrong with pet generation:

This reminded me of a Sims 2 glitchfest/Let's Play I read years ago, in which the main character gets a cat that makes the renderer poo poo itself ("Clippy the Self-Intersecting Cat"). It features a line something like "and then, he wept into the rain, while behind him his cat turned inside-out".

Anyone else (a) remember reading this and (b) have any idea where it is? I've been looking for it without success.

I don't have the thread at hand but I know this video came from it though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AMOpkc5qc

I also had made this too because it fit insanely well to me: http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=04AMOpkc5qc&video_start=0&audio=_r-LXpBp1jA&audio_start=0

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This is not unlike the rest of the gameplay, which is now just about shooting people in the back until someone shoots you in the back. Head-on fights amount to somebody popping up in front of you for a tenth of a second, then one of you falls over dead. Repeat ad infinitum.

Sounds like most shooters these days post CoD 4 that have .0000001 second kill times on every single weapon. :can:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That is the best way of communicating "OH CHRIST poo poo IM FALLING" since Mirrors Edge.

That reminds me I've seen some falls in Mirror's Edge that take place out of bounds and they're genuinely loving terrifying since the sound is amplified by 100 fold it seems like. I can't seem to dig up any good ones, someone here have them at hand by chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

MisterBibs posted:

I've only heard this one third hand so I don't remember much about the game, but it's a glitch that has stuck with me after first hearing about it, long ago.

It was some NES-era game, which involved you in a tank blowing up some other tanks and stuff. You'd shoot things, they'd turn red to show they've taken damage. Do it enough, they'd blow up, and you'd move on.

There was an insidious exploit/glitch, though: if you paused while your enemy was red, the game would just assume that the enemy was perpetually taking damage. Lower level guys, bosses, it didn't matter: land a hit, pause when it turned red, and wait a while. Unpause, and it'll be dead.

Ah poo poo dyslexia kicked in there.

ChaosArgate posted:

If you didn't mention that you were in a tank, I'd have assumed you were talking about Mega Man 1, where you can prematurely end an enemy's i-frames by pausing with select, which doesn't clear the screen of your projectiles, so you can just mash select to quickly drain an enemy's health.

With that you need to mash pause over and over. In Blaster Master you just need to pause for a few seconds and then it'll do it on its own.

Tracula has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Apr 26, 2016