Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno, I think their exasperation makes it funnier. v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I loving love bugs in Arma 2/3. The game is marketed as being so realistic and true to life and the graphics are so amazing and then all of a sudden here comes some chucklenuts just swimming through the air like it's nobody's business.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As Super Sonic you can make it under the gap between the barrel and floor the hard way. If you've been collecting all the emeralds you can so far Carinval Night zone is almost the first time you can be him in Sonic 3. :eng101:

I know this because I was a dumb kid and didn't ever figure out the right way to do it. :eng99:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RatHat posted:

Why is there a dog on the field in the soccer one?

There's an option in that game to make the refs be dogs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Soccer and football games are my favorite glitch sources, because they always have such realistic graphics. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

kinmik posted:

I'm looking for a youtube clip from one of the Spider-man games. It's not really a glitch, but the player didn't hit a QTE button and the end result was Spidey faceplanting on the ground and the building exploding. Help a goon out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU

*splat* "I'm going to die :ohdear:"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Forgall posted:

Octodad, what happened to you?!

Nobody suspects a thing :unsmigghh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Inco posted:

What's the problem here?

"Oh god help me :staredog:"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Aperture Priority posted:

So I recently picked up Dark Souls II for a good price and was excited/terrified to try it based on everything people said about Dark Souls (I have that too, but it never worked on PC for me). So I'm working my way through the game and having a really rough go of it, bought equipment, bought weapons, but only have one good weapon that I can use since my stats aren't high enough. What the hell, how do I level up my skills? So I look it up and apparently there's an NPC that I'm supposed to talk to! Nope, doesn't exist in my game. Looked at screenshots and videos, but she just doesn't exist in my game.

So I gave up looking and just made a new character. Sure enough she's there now. Waste of 5 hours of my time. :smithicide:

That's a pretty weird bug. Are you sure you didn't just overlook her? Her coat kinda blends in with the shade she's standing in when you first meet her.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The funniest thing is, you actually basically have to do that in order to get all of the survivors you have in the safe room at once. If they're not on that little platform or a single step or so away from it, they won't go to the safe room with you. If a survivor you've picked up is left in a separate world space from the one you're in their health constantly drains until they are dead for no good reason; this continues during loading screens, so if you accidentally leave someone behind while entering the safe room they will probably die before you can get back to the roof world space because of Dead Rising 1's crappy load times.

Thus, you have to stand somewhere in the middle of the platform to summon them all around you and hope they follow like lemmings, then barge your way past them in the desperate hope that they all go through with you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, those are the birds floating around in the skybox of Huntsman's Copse. Earthen Peak, the area before the Iron Keep (where the guy is in the video), leads backward into Huntsman's Copse by looping around itself. By the time you are in the Iron Keep the area has looped back.

The random-rear end noclip glitch will always be hilarious regardless of what it finds (eternal ladders to nowhere, skybox birds in lava).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The reason the subtitles are there is because the dudes speak a mixture of their language and English.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You probably should watch more Giant Bomb.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxXBWHsRHY

Modding video games that aren't supposed to be moddable can sometimes have its mishaps.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Jul 2, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Here is another one. Trying to replace Max with other people is so much harder than I wish it was. God drat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxm53ivRwQk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Disco Pope posted:

What's the music in that video (before Celine Dion)? It's pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_p7Kek6RR8

Music For Dancing Bear Ensemble by Josef Kenny. I have no idea why I love this song so much but I try to use it whenever possible.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In this image Max is walking on the city below him, which is just a 2D flat texture that is actually really tiny, while the cutscene-only area on the left phases in and out of reality as I force him to clip through it; the skybox on the far right is merging the unplayable area that you don't see in the cutscene with the playable area where the level takes place.

It's like M.C. Escher made a video game jesus christ

edit: Also lol the dev debug menu is still in the retail Max Payne 3 game, all you have to do is hold LB and RB on the main menu and after a few seconds it'll pop right up. Rockstar is so fuckin' lazy :allears:

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Jul 3, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Got another Max Payne 3 modding, er, mishap, fresh off the grill. I have added some music for emphasis but other than that I did no post-recording editing.

(Just a warning, Max's incredibly sound-distorted voice peaks all over the place so you might not want to watch this wearing headphones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIWchi3vAGY

I will probably never sleep again.

edit: To explain what I did to make this mess happen:

1. I was trying to get rid of the gore/bullet wound models on Max, because they look stupid and him getting riddled with bullets in a game where he takes 1 plot hit ever is immersion-ruining. They are hard-coded into his body model so I went into the text files to try and make them 0x0 pixels large. The game did not take 0x0 as a valid size and in hindsight I should have expected that, so it was just like "gently caress IT, 0 MEANS INFINITE, RIGHT??" and plastered him with gore.

2. Max's voice is played on the topmost layer of audio, so as to lower all other sounds when he is speaking/narrating. Usually it's a cool effect, but if you poke your grubby fingers around in the audio channels for too long, things gently caress up and start getting distorted. The sound lowering effect only applies when Max is speaking, and so the horrible distortion appears to come from his voice when actually it's affecting the whole audio channel.

Modding video games that aren't supposed to be modded is fun! :eng101:

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 04:08 on Jul 4, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That also applies to the more recent GTA games. Cars in GTA spontaneously combust after a while if they flip over because there's no way to flip them back upright, but if the car is a convertible and you have the roof down TECHNICALLY it doesn't count as being on its roof nor upside down, so you can flip over a convertible and just leave it there forever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

General Specific posted:

I don't get it. What's so funny about a bunch of cyborgs shooting at Sam just standing there?

:golfclap: Clever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From my latest Dead Space 3 stream:

(No, this was not in zero gravity. He was just, like, on the floor doing that.)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's almost like it's symbolic of The Sims 4 as a whole.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cleretic posted:

Pretty much every game that has a big battle going on does stuff like this. To me the most impressive was when Kingdom Hearts 2 managed to have you fight through a thousand enemies in one fight. It probably used the same method for the most part, but I'm not sure.
I remember being awed at one of the Lego Star Wars game re-releases in which they had that huge-rear end fight scene in the arena in the movie perfectly represented with the little lego guys. Being able to mow through an entire crowd of droids without any framerate hitches at all was really cool to me even though lego dudes aren't really that detailed to begin with.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxQ61b-gOo

I'm pretty sure the script for that game had some kind of glitch that inserted the word 'dark' into every sentence.

edit: After a while it just starts to sound like "dart miss".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mickey Mouse yammering on to an anime about the darkest darkness inside of you is probably the funniest/stupidest thing to be in a video game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

See like there's funny ragdolls freaking the gently caress out everywhere, and then there's just downright horrifying. I think this falls into the latter category for sure.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

NotAnArtist posted:

Why are the comments so angry over something so funny?

Nintendo games nowadays are known for their pretty high quality QA and extensive testing and when glitches slip through the cracks people take that as their chance to dogpile on Nintendo and call them poo poo and other dumb things. Smash Bros especially because a) the pre-existing community is full of loving idiot babies, and b) because it's a competitive game and thus being bug-free is pretty important.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Most of them look like people intentionally loving it up (making silly faces, using pictures that are not faces) but the system is bad on its own too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wouldn't be the first time someone's face/chest spontaneously combusted in an Alien movie.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As soon as the second stage got going I knew I was in for something special.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Push-ups are a very important part of fitness, I don't see the glitch here. :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Chamale posted:

You could, but it wouldn't look like that. It would be extremely laggy, with the graphics constantly flickering in and out, and there'd be a lot of handholding behind the scenes to make it possible without crashing. I think Megaman is one of the games where total control has been achieved, meaning that you can upload custom code to the RAM using only controller input, and that means you can do anything within the capabilities of the NES. Spawning lots of bosses in a non-laggy way is not within those capabilities.

The classic Mega Man games are some of the only games that have pixel-perfect speed runs too, similar to the original Super Mario Bros. There's a speed run out of there of Super Mario Bros. that is 100% flawless because it was done one frame at a time and the time cannot legitimately be beaten by a human in realtime because Mario never slows down from his running speed. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md4CnNfLiiI

Recently discovered that the best glitch in Dead Space 2 is easily recreatable in 3, so I've been having lots of fun with it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lizard Wizard posted:

What even is that?

It's a Cheat Engine script/mod that makes every non-boss enemy in the game have infinite aggro radius and unlimited pathfinding, so they will chase you all over the god drat world to hunt you down if they have to. Unsurprisingly it makes the game way way harder.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Forgall posted:

Aggression mod for Dark Souls causes some magical things to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXqS44NpD2Q&t=1594s

I watched a little more of this and holy poo poo the mimic stalks them pink panther style, I love it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Haruharuharuko posted:

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantGleefulGemsbuck.gif
Edit: fine heres a link people with your lovely internet and our forums inability to use webms.

I also wish the forums had webm capability because they are becoming more common nowadays but drat dude you posted a 140 megabyte gif you have lost all rights to make fun of peoples' internet connection, they can't read it anyway because you just crashed all of their browsers

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EXAKT Science posted:

What game is this?

GTA V

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHm0S4aWfGk

This happened while I was recording a Dead Space 2 thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
edit: Nevermind, it appeared to be a bug but it actually was a product of the game being localized in a weird way :(

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 08:50 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

8 futuristic weapons including pistols, shotguns, machine guns, grenades…