Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FoxxorTheRed posted:

I think that was the first clip in this thread that I laughed out loud at. That was awesome. Thank you.

Are you kidding? The Heavy Rain glitch where he shouts 'Shaun' over and over didn't make you laugh? This thread is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Finally, goons are represented in games.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This game looks like it's a lot of fun. Has anyone here bought/played it? It's the kind of game that is bound to have hilarious glitches, too.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

These are fun to see and all, interesting as well. But are they really THAT funny ?! I see some of these videos and people are loosing their poo poo, am I missing something ?

If the 'Shaun!' Heavy Rain glitch didn't make you laugh, you're dead inside.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Jun 8, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Just a little issue while playing Witcher.

Holy poo poo, it's Droopy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

A zombie game set in Ancient Rome would actually be kind of interesting.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

No, I get what he means. All the variables should be exactly the same every time the intro plays, right? The only thing you can do as a player is look around and listen, so I don't understand what could be causing these glitches. Note that I know almost nothing about programming.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thanks for the explanation, I figured it was something like that.

I didn't mind the animation glitches in Skyrim, those were just funny. What annoyed me was some quests getting bugged and staying in your journal forever if you talked to the wrong person at the wrong time. :argh:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

If you don't know about Tool-assisted speedruns, you are missing out my friend. I recommend starting with the heavy glitch abuse category and finding a game from your childhood that you're very familiar with or could never beat, then watching someone completely dominate it. It's oddly cathartic.

Thanks. drat, that's some nostalgia. I spent so much time as a kid playing Hocus Pocus and this guy beats an entire episode in thirteen minutes.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I cannot watch that clip without totally losing my poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Pretty much one of the funniest glitch videos ever.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 12:14 on Feb 24, 2014

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Are you playing it on your phone or does Oblivion look worse than I remember?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Well yeah. The goal is to make a game. Get to it!

These meta indie games are going too far.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I regret buying it because he loves playing it but I thought it was basically a babies game with moving lights but the puzzles are a little to advanced for him having never played any video games before. I basically just let him drive around town and mess with stuff and I do the missions at night to unlock everything.

That's really cool of you.

And also what Waldorf Sixpence said.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DStecks posted:

There are people still running computers too old to play Oblivion? :stare:

I didn't want to be that guy, but if your computer is too old to run a game from 2006 it's probably time to upgrade.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Probably a tie between this and Heavy Rain's 'Shaun' glitch for funniest game glitch ever.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tracula posted:

Okay I know this is the wrong place to ask and I'm afraid of a derail but I played the first season of Walking Dead and thought it was a masterpiece (not tried the second season so gently caress off with spoilers). Is Wolf Among Us worth a shot or no?

It's pretty good if you're into that type of game. Go check it out.

Internet Friend posted:

It's a mod for Telltale games, not a glitch.

Are you serious? Thanks for ruining it.

Looks like Heavy Rain is still the undisputed #1.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SirViver posted:

Dude, that's a 92mb gif. Wtf?

The future is now.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The 69 makes it even better

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There's a version of that gif where he gives a thumbs-up, I'm sad to find out it's not the original.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

It's beyond me how those bugs at the beginning of Skyrim are both so common and so varied. I mean... at that point in the game there are literally zero variables unaccounted for.

It would be one thing if all those bugs happened after you'd had a chance to mess around for a while, but that scene is the absolute very first thing that happens after you click "New Game -> OK."

Someone explained how this was possible a while ago and I pretended to get it, but I actually still really don't.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What a hypocrite.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is my favorite thread in Games.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This must be Roger a Muirebe's clan.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'd never even heard of Battlefield Hardline before, but those are cool as hell.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I prefer the 'gotta go fast' style of shooter, anyway. Interestingly, haven't seen many glitches in the Serious Sam series, even though opportunities abound.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That Nickelback goon is crazy, cr1tikal is great.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm screaming and rocking back and forth here, that someone might post something good and funny in a PYF thread that doesn't 100% fit the technical definition of what the thread is supposed to be about.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He's a shaman, they do that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is that a glitch? Just looks like someone's character punching an NPC.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Taikuri posted:

It probably have been done million times before but:

Don't kill yourselves with console kids

Im continually impressed how skyrim engine can be so broken and so robust at the same time.

Skyrim has its own Roger a Muirebe now

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dragonwagon posted:

This guy?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Elanos_Haliat

Doesn't look that messed up. Aren't you confusing this with some kind of save editing or hacking fuckup? I know that sort of thing can lead to really bizarre faces.

Bro, what happened to your glasses?

Wait, where's your helmet?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hahaha

What is that guy yelling?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

I love ragdoll physics in games, especially Euphoria. I think it's the biggest landmark in gaming tech since going 3D. But that video mostly reminds of how characters in GTAV are made of glass and the tiniest physics fuckery kills you stone dead which just prohibits all the fun. They should've made that stuff do way, way less damage than it does. I mean, they even have a dedicated ragdoll button in the game (except in multiplayer which is why multi sucks).

That's something I hate in open world games in general, 90% of my deaths in The Witcher 3 are from fall damage.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Digirat posted:

In the new deus ex there's typical security guards that patrol this large building. If you knock them out they always have about 8 handgun bullets on them you can loot. I think the game somehow loaded the wrong thing on one of them though, because he had 8 beers instead :psyduck:

Also he was already knocked out when I got there, it's the darndest thing

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So I take it that's not allowed in real life?

e: got answered

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

The 167km high jump has been a highlight so far.

My favorite is when he vaults into the sun

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

Technically not a game still but, the most accurate space sim and 120 million dollars in dreams.

If this is Star Citizen it actually looks cool.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't mean that it looks like a good game just that it looks stupid in a good way

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't even know what number that is.

I would have this herald hung

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Not technically a glitch but Skate 3 physics are great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There aren't many glitch videos that are funnier than Heavy Rain Glitch, that much is certain.