Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I think people in the fallout thread were saying it actually adds 2000% to your headshot chances, it's just impossible to actually display 100% for whatever stupid reason. The conversation system is the same way, you could have 10 charisma and wear charisma gear but you still won't have an actual 100% chance at dialogue trees, just 95%.

If anyones interested there's a mod that removes the chance from this, so if you have 4 charisma you can do yellow options, 6 charisma you can do orange options, and 8 charisma you can do red options.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2100/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The most bethesda way for a save to die possible.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

The Witcher is one of those games that keeps on giving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR6dqUWWAiI

This glitch just kept getting better and better, I laughed my rear end off until it finally crashed my game :smith:

waddle waddle.

oh my god

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Terrible vistas of emptiness reveal themselves.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:five:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah enemy unknown was horribly buggy too. Which is forgivable, it's a real time game made in an engine notoriously bad at raytracing which accounts for all the line of sight and visual direction bugs you see. If XCOM was a turn based game made in an engine designed for shooters such as, say, Unreal, then it would be a different story.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Alright but if you're talking about XCom 2, that's zero of the bugs that have been discussed. Fucky poo poo can rarely happen and sometimes a dude will die maybe but it doesn't, like, delete your save file or anything. It's just a roof randomly breaking or a low-level enemy forgetting to die right away when you stab him. Unless you're doing some kind of frothingly insane minimum-squad-size Ironman-only no-armour-upgrades run, none of that stuff is going to set you back more than like 10 minutes since it maintains staggered autosaves.

In any case, keep on preaching the evils of glitchy game design in the game glitch appreciation thread I guess. :confused:

There are save corruption bugs in a game with an ironman mode. No that is pretty loving bad.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The number of little visual bugs in this game is so ridiculous that it's rare to have an entire turn without one, but sometimes they're alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5JFp555i10

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

oh god do I have to go in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo8_DsmVTCM

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Birgirpall's videos are actually funny and he is not obnoxious though, so he is already a loving unicorn for youtube.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

dog.exe is not responding.

• Check for a solution and restart the program
  • Close the program
  • Wait for the program to respond

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Doorframe always has been and always will be a treasure trove of features implemented and thrown in the game about four times faster than they should have, with fabulous results

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just do the roll when you hit the ground and the fall damage becomes perfectly reasonable in Witcher 3

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

In the new deus ex there's typical security guards that patrol this large building. If you knock them out they always have about 8 handgun bullets on them you can loot. I think the game somehow loaded the wrong thing on one of them though, because he had 8 beers instead :psyduck:

Owl Inspector has a new favorite as of 10:48 on Aug 27, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That first shot of the bouncing tank :laffo::laffo:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Basticle posted:

I was just playing Metro Last Light Redux and it got 2 spooky 4 me

http://gfycat.com/ConstantLazyBandicoot

The fact that this game draws your own shadow in first person ends up being far scarier than anything it tries to do intentionally

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

WHAT HAS BEEN DONE
CANNOT BE UNDONE

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzopwIur64

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What should happen when a rat gets pinned to a wall by its head, and then you blow up its head?

The game isn't sure either.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Their videos are getting pretty hit or miss and I'm finding them not as funny lately. Their BF3 videos were their best IMO.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

You know, maybe we can all just like whatever we like ?

Quietly in our corner ?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That would be the result of cryengine if I'm not mistaken

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

"steal ALL of their dinosaurs" is a good phrase.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

And somebody bothered to do this?

Apparently someone made a functioning computer using objects in dwarf fortress. It's been done in minecraft using redstone too. People bother to do very odd things.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Croccers posted:

I managed to grab myself in my hands and I was able to throw myself around.

This is as good of a thread title as we're likely to get for some time.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Those are some bush league bodycounts.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Similarly, in warframe there's an evil warframe called the stalker who sometimes attacks you during a level. The lights start to flicker, he says some spooky stuff calling you out for the last boss you killed, and then appears. Because "balance" is not a word in warframe's vocabulary, if you are playing in a group or are super well kitted out, you'll instantly obliterate him, whereas if you're alone and not overpowered, he'll destroy you in half a second.

When he was first added, he could appear in the tutorial.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Given that he uses both your screen name and the name of the boss you last killed, I can only assume it went something like "I've found you, xX420veg3ta69Xx... the murder of DEFAULT_BOSS_NAME_STRING shall not go unpunished!"

This is 20 seconds into the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Everything in warframe is so bad it's good. Unfortunately some of it just loops around to being bad again. Why do I have hundreds of hours in that terrible game. It's so awful, and also some of the most fun I've ever had in a game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

why is it so slow is the main thing i wanna know

like the guy holding the gun had ample time to fire

Because the gif is slowed down.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

At this point the best thing that could happen is for the game to get progressively jankier, the camera effects to get worse, and the acting to get sillier, until 75% of the way through the game a boom mic drops in from offscreen and hits ryder on the head. They have to do a retake and the last quarter of the game is basically the good ending of saints row 3. Then you're automatically dumped into multiplayer and the singleplayer erases itself from disk.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This is old news. We already knew the PC agenda had taken over all mainstream media once we saw that black people existed in battlefield 1.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rainbow 6 siege in paper mario mode

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My decapitated ex-squadmate fell into my second mission

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

there could not be a better subtitle to go with this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

It still kind of amazes me that you can get glitches like that at the very beginning of the game, i.e. at a point where the game state should be the same every single time.

While I wouldn't exactly be amazed if this turned out to be legitimate, just from this gif there is absolutely no guarantee that it isn't modded or that there isn't console fuckery going on with parts of the recording cut out to make it look like that

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Regular Nintendo posted:

Yeah there was some mission where you get a virus gun or something and all the pedestrian models started doing that thing where random points on their model were set to like the maximum x value of the map/space so they had giant glitched limb spikes and stuff, it even made me put my hand down by my pc box to see if it was blasting heat

This is a common thing in SR4. There are rifts in the world where all the nearby NPCs have common graphical glitches applied to them intentionally, so they'll snap into the T-pose, have eyes and teeth but no face, try to use animations that don't fit their skeleton, turn into a mess of polygons, etc. it's amazing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

m2pt5 posted:

Kinda reminds me of one glitch "fix" from Team Fortress 2.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first, or last, time Valve did something like that.

I remember this bug, both text and voice chat would steadily fill up with comments like "what time is it guys" and it was always funny

The spycrab taunt was also great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTDj6b6hNk

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Reminds me of my favorite GTA clip, which is about due for a repost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSt1ptsOjL0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah the flashing colors are a sign you need to check your GPU temperature