Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mitten is a little too fond of _~*edgy*~_ humor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The list of patch notes for 1.2 is absurdly long

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It kinda makes sense why it took this long, to be fair

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I mean, considering what the game is about, it's not that off

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sounds like a Cyberpunk 2077 weapon

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's like when cross country skiers stick their ski out in front of them at the finish line

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It takes a long time to mow your lawn with the hidden blade

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Beartaco posted:

Is the soundtrack in Cyberpunk all this good?

It owns so hard. This is the "enemies know you're there but haven't found you yet" theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqM9FfbCXbA

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Beartaco posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 has Lady Gaga in it alongside Keanu Reeves??

Grimes is in It, a bit

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

William Bear posted:

There's a bug associated with some some wardrobe mods in Cyberpunk 2077 that causes a character's penis to clip through their pants.

:nws:NSFW screenshot here.:nws:

The above is a particularly funny example, because it's a really dramatic, serious scene.

I can't believe Yorinobu is a penis 2 guy

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

haveblue posted:

Maybe that's the bug? The penis mesh is supposed to be skipped if pants are attached but this isn't happening for some reason

That makes some sense, yeah, but why does Yorinobu (a character who only exists in cutscenes) have a dongus? Surely they'd have chosen the "None" genitals (just underwear) when creating his model.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Zil posted:

Forgot what thread I was in and was expecting a Skyrim joke at the end.

Same

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's also iconic because the rhythm of MGS3 works on peaks and troughs, where you always get a moment to calm down after a boss fight. The ladder allows you to catch your breath, and reflect on what you've done.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The thing about that cutscene is that it isn't unbroken. You get a prompt to save halfway through, so you don't have to watch all of it again if something happens.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Phlegmish posted:

Did anyone at all laugh at the Oblivion glitch I posted two pages ago

I thought it was pretty funny :(

It was! Elder Scrolls glitches are always good for a laugh. It just got caught up in Metal Gearchat.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I can't believe there are glitches in Oblivion. Ridiculous.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think that's a pretty neat way to handle it!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's like the Fallout 3 thing from awhile back, where the Presidental metro train you ride is just a guy wearing the metro as a hat, running along a predetermined path under the world. Gamebryo, man. Never change.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think you're thinking of Dead Space. Paging CJacobs to the thread!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I've tried to find this specific video for so long! "His titties just devoured a whole clip" lives rentfree in my head.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Zereth posted:

He is not wearing it as a hat.

It's an arm slot piece of equipment.

WHAT

NO

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Arrath posted:

Yeah its very fun trivia, like how early versions of WoW didn't actually support most quest objectives beyond "kill X" so pulling a lever or turning a valve for a quest would fire a script that spawns and kills a rabbit somewhere in the game world to kludge around it.

PYF Game Workarounds: Invisible dead rabbits everywhere

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think it's too long, let's workshop it

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What game is it?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm going to assume they dropped a thing, and it clipped into the geometry which caused the ship to go boom.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's easier to fleece people that way.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

credburn posted:

I also remember having a weird dog companion, and the dog would constantly try to sit down next to me, but he would always sit too close, and it would nudge me just an inch, and then the dog would try to sit closer, and it would nudge me again, again and again, and I'm sitting in the dark trying to line up a stealthy sniper arrow but my loving dog gently shoves me off the cliff.

yeah that's just a dog

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ah, the Voight-Kampff technique. Very powerful in certain circumstances.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What a great snapshot of 2009.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah I'll strap a balloon to a tank and put it on my helicopter, there's nothing unrealistic about that.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If a ship wore pants

Etc

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Aiden Pierce and his sister-wife (they were originally written to be husband and wife, but they changed it for an unknown reason, so now they're just weirdly close siblings).

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That was kind of the initial idea with Watch Dogs 1, as I recall, and you can play the first couple missions by sneaking through cameras.

You can also buy a grenade launcher more or less immediately and not use any of the supposedly unique hacking mechanics. Watch Dogs 1 was such a weird game. Don't play it, even if your gamer completionist brain tells you to. Just start with the second one. You're not missing anything important.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's not even a fun kind of mess. Just watch the Chip & Ironicus lp instead.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's got the Spider Tank minigame, that's fun.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Even better: play Legion, because unless you play as a spy or soldier you can't use lethal weapons.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah it's emergent storytelling or whatever, especially if you take them out the same way every time (getting kissed by a robot, rubber bullet, etc).

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm imagining a veteran MGS mook feeling a sharp pain in his balls, sighing, laying down on the ground and emptying his pockets while waiting for the sedatives to kick in.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I was being euphemistic. The robot kisses is a stungun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

ToxicFrog posted:

I'm catching up on my GDQ and watching the Harmony of Dissonance run, the one GBA vania I never finished. There are some mechanics and UI conveniences that would have made it much less of a pain in the rear end to play if the manual or the game itself had explained them at any point!

What brings me here, though, is how enemy iframes work. As is common in games like this, your attacks "hit" every frame, but enemies have iframes, meaning that in practice any given attack will usually only damage an enemy once.

HoD does something clever here, though: each enemy has multiple iframe counters, one for each distinct attack hitting it! So you can open with a simultaneous whip/subweapon combo, say, and both attacks will connect. This encourages you to mix things up and combo together whips, subweapons, spells, dive kicks, and slide kicks for maximum damage.

Where poo poo gets weird is that each enemy only has room for two iframe timers. If you can get three attacks to intersect with an enemy at once -- say, by throwing an axe into the air and then whip-kicking it just before the axe comes down on its head -- the third attack will deal its full damage every single frame. You can't do this to every enemy, but a lot of bosses are susceptible to it!

Yeah okay, but what does it have to do with Watch Dogs