Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Devor posted:

It's Ahegao, not Ahegao
I say aheego, you say ahahgo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Sometimes I think glitches are the best part of games. Then I read poo poo like this and I know it's true.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rendering magic. :allears:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I remember one time I was playing Skyrim and fought a bandit, decapitated him with one of those fancy killcam finishing moves, and the bandit continued insulting me after he died and his head was rolling around on the ground. I think I have a screenshot in my Steam screenshots folder, but I'm on my phone right now.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

So, it wasn't taunting, I misremembered.

Arguably, it's even better. :lol:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

:laffo:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Now say "vinegar" out loud and imagine an AI's reaction to that.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

He literally reads "Frowning" at one point, it's amazing. :allears:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Phlegmish posted:

Did anyone at all laugh at the Oblivion glitch I posted two pages ago

I thought it was pretty funny :(
The best part was the split-second at the end when he goes back in the door and starts flipping out again.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

My game has quite good support for ships and guns, because those are two core aspects of the game. It has...rather less support for anything else. I did make planes their own first-class citizens, but they get launched by invisible plane guns that I position on top of aircraft carriers -- and it's the gun, not the ship, that the plane returns to when it needs to rearm or refuel. But when it comes to bosses? They're all ships or guns. The flying battleship is a ship, of course -- in fact, it uses submarine logic to float at a fixed altitude instead of rocking with the ocean's movement. It just floats above the water instead of belowe it. The submarine boss is a ship, and when it (in a cinematic) flips over and turns into a battleship, I despawn the submarine and spawn the battleship. The giant volcano boss is a gun. The train is a ship, and so are the flying train tracks it travels on.
I know it's not going to get picked, especially over a dick joke, but I'd like to nominate "invisible plane guns that I position on top of aircraft carriers" as a new thread title.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Thread title limit is 80, right? Lol this ends up at 81 counting the pyf game glitch part. Maybe "invisible plane guns positioned on top of aircraft carriers"?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Specifically it looks like they're Terra using Celes' palette.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Antitonic posted:

I know there’s the Toxic/Leech Seed combo, and how to get Mew (not under the truck!).
I have no idea what you're talking about, he was clearly there the whole time. It's not my fault you didn't look hard enough.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Tunicate posted:

I think some things people call 'glitches' are just design decisions that got changed.

Like, a critical miss always fails to hit the enemy pokemon, unless you're using Swift (which always hits). Critical misses are just a normal-rear end mechanic in a lot of games, I wouldn't call it a 'glitch'.
IIRC in Gen 1, even Swift has a chance to miss, due to the crit miss formula.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Tunicate posted:

nah swift doesn't miss in red/blue
Looks like in the Japanese versions of the game it could miss but it was fixed for the English release.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

'Tis only a flesh wound!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

credburn posted:

I also remember having a weird dog companion, and the dog would constantly try to sit down next to me, but he would always sit too close, and it would nudge me just an inch, and then the dog would try to sit closer, and it would nudge me again, again and again, and I'm sitting in the dark trying to line up a stealthy sniper arrow but my loving dog gently shoves me off the cliff.
My father's golden retriever loves to sit on people's feet, so this is the most realistic part of Skyrim AFAICT.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

And I bet they put "immersive pet AI" on the box as a selling point.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OH NO, OWN GOAL?!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pretty sure this is what those cartoon dustcloud fights look like in real life.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Lloyd just Riverdancing along as all the NPCs practice contortion.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Not quite the same thing, but in the same vein are games from before analog sticks became the standard where diagonal movement was faster than walking straight forward because speed was calculated by the direction you were holding on the pad, and diagonal movement was technically pressing two directions at once. IIRC Mega Man Legends worked like that, speedruns have MM sprinting at a drunken tilt.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Right at the end of the full song, he charges the trombonist :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn06ADuXDnQ
drat that's on screen for like a millisecond, I had to watch the video frame-by-frame to catch it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Agents are GO! posted:

They should patch the original back in as an alternative
Cheat Code Unlocked: Big Scoreboard Mode

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Have we officially reached the point where a game is more bug than intentionally implemented mechanics?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I remember when Zelda was about a kid who got a sword that shot swords from an old man in a cave.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think we've found the open world game fan. :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Doc Hawkins posted:

why is their acrobatics increasing if they aren't jumping

the rest seems fine
It's a glitch, duh. :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Tricky Ed posted:

Oh, and Bethesda didn't give Obsidian any documentation or training on the engine. They had to figure it out on their own, on the fly.
Sounds like it's a wonder the game functions at all when you boot it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Taeke posted:

I just realised there's so much jank in skyrim that aren't even glitches and don't really impact gameplay so I just don't notice them anymore. Like earlier I killed some bandits and they ragdoll to the ground after I burned them to death which isn't pretty but fine. But then I go up a mountain and kill a snow fox and instead of ragdolling to the floor it keeps its momentum from running away from me and just stiffly yeets itself forward in all of its taxidermied glory and making a couple of bounces before tumbling down a cliff
Yeah, corpses sliding down hills and off cliffs is pretty common, and while the Ice Form shout is very useful, if you use it where the ground isn't perfectly level the physics engine freaks out.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Byzantine posted:

I've mixed up Outer Wilds and Outer Worlds so much I still don't know which is which.
:same:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I have learned that they're... both PlayStation 4 games. :eng101:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zereth posted:

Kinda, yeah. Unfortunately nobody else is making games of that type.

Different team in the same company.
Is Obsidian one of those situations where the company still exists but basically none of the talent from their "classic" catalog that everyone loves is still there?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Wapole Languray posted:

No, a lot of the staff is still there but Outer Worlds and New Vegas have completely different leads in basically every department. And they still make good games. Pentiment rules.
Ah, then I probably have them confused with another developer.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, that's a pretty :black101: name.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

PurpleXVI posted:

It took me a moment to realize I was in the glitch thread and thought you lockpicked your actual kid free.
:same:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

StillFullyTerrible posted:

how do people forget what thread they're in so often, i have never once done that and i've been using these dead gay forums since 2008
In my defense at least, I had literally just woken up like five minutes ago. It was less that I had forgotten what thread I was in and more that it took me a few seconds to associate the story being told with the previous thread anecdotes in my groggy state.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Phlegmish posted:

You guys thought this goon had described his actual daughter as having 'glitched into the building'

lol
Actually that was about the time my tired brain went, "oh, right, this is a Skyrim story" :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Look, sometimes you just aren't ready to start your day yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

"Look, this reduces my Armor Check Penalty to skills to zero, making me better at acrobatics"