Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Playing Halo 4 this weekend, and during the escape after the Didact reveals himself,, a rock jutted upwards and threw me outside of the map.

I was just sitting there with a :wtc: expression on my face. I didn't even die. I just kept falling until I got out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

miscellaneous14 posted:

This was posted in the Awful Game Mods thread, but it definitely belongs here. It's basically what happens when you smack a bunch of bizarre Fallout: New Vegas mods together and see the Gamebryo engine implode on itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAx_2Fo1qyQ

Oh my God I'm dying here hahaha. I couldn't believe when he apparently blasted the other guy through the god damned roof.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Haruharuharuko posted:

I love the source engine.

Black Mesa? This happened to me when a security guard tried to walk through an upright table. Strangest damned thing but I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

EGSunBro posted:

So the same guys who made the other earlier WWE 13 glitch videos made another, and this one is way more glitchy than those last ones. Here it is

The entire game just sort of... falls apart. How this thing got released is beyond me.

Both of the glitch videos from these guys cause me to bust into tears of laughter, and I've had to pause the videos multiple times. I love glitches, but WWE ones are the absolute best.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Not a glitch per se, but Lowtax just posted a video of a really, really lovely GTA ripoff and I was dying throughout the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyfvSs2Om20

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Kennel posted:

Crossposting from Dwarf Fortress thread

Never played dwarf fortress but drat, an invincible adamantine suit of armor sounds awesome and hilariously broken.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Had a pretty good one last night on Just Cause 2. Found a Baby Panay Statue but had had no explosives to blow it up with, so I decided to airlift in a Razorback and blow it up because why the hell not? After doing so, the military comes after me and I drove off towards one of the faction bases. I obviously hit people and cars along the way but suddenly started hearing this really odd noise coming from the tank. After reaching the base, I hopped out and looked in front of the tank. Apparently one of the motorcyclists that I hit didn't go flying but the motorcycle got stuck in the front of the tank, and was currently halfway in the ground. With the guy still driving it and attempting to drive forward through my tank. As soon as I stopped and got out, though, he got off the motorcycle and ran off.

Damnedest thing I've seen from that game so far, besides the whole ability to kill myself before ever launching off the ground with an airplane. That's not a glitch though, that's just bad piloting.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Datasmurf posted:

Not a glitch per say, but I did this all the time in Duck Tales: The Quest for Gold before I learned how to operate the drat plane. Still can't land for poo poo though.

Yeah my landings tend to be "Find a military base, speed up, nosedive and jump out before I explode".

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hahaha I love Madden

I was playing as an inside defensive end and somehow teleported to the right side. No idea how he got there. Replay didn't help either.

Also had some players eating each other's asses after a play. That's certainly a sight.

There was one massive glitch I encountered but drat if I could remember it. I know it left me scratching my head though.

Seth Pecksniff has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Jan 22, 2014

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

So those with Madden 25, is there a way to screenshot/save a replay? Because I just played against demon Leslie Frazier who looked like Cordelia from AHS:Coven after she gouged her eyes out

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

In the Fallout thread someone said during development that during Fallout Tactics somehow the Radscorpions got ahold of the prostitutes' dialogue.

Instead of hissing at you, giant radioactive scorpions tried to lure you back to their brothel promising low prices and the best time in the wasteland.

I wish there were screenshots. Knowing the fallout series, it probably took the playtesters a really long time to report that as a bug.

Oh my God I can't stop laughing at this image

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hell there was one half-way through Chrono Trigger, in the monster town.

Wait what? Where was this?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

One of the houses has an imp who says he's going to turn your game off for barging into your house, then it blanks the screen and mutes it for a few seconds.

I must have missed this somehow, or I don't remember it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Got another Madden glitch last night. I wish I found the save highlight option before this because it was truly :wtf:

RGIII drops back to pass in the shotgun formation. I'm rushing him from the front. He turns to his right to pass downfield and the ball is thrown to his left for a loss.

I honestly dont understand what happened. The animation shows he was throwing to the right. His body was positioned that way. Instead, the ball comes out like it's perfectly thrown to the left.

I had to replay that a few times before I was convinced it actually happened.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

To be fair if i was able to punch my own head off and have it stick to my half dead opponent I'd fistpump too as my last act

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Keep this in and call it a feature

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Cleretic posted:

I believe both do that, actually. It's just that 3 does it in a single cyberspace-focused mission, while 4's whole thing is cyberspace-focused so its playing with that is more spread-out.

And funnily enough, glitches are actually the one place where 'gently caress with you as the player' sanity effects would still work. And probably better than they used to, actually. Widespread mass common engine use of stuff like Unreal and Unity means that a lot of the vocabulary of glitches is more standardized; not only that, but the general gaming public is more familiar with that vocabulary now, so we can recognize stuff like t-posing, misaligned textures, value over/underflows, clipping out of bounds, stuff like that.

If I were a game developer today, I probably couldn't convince you that your TV was broken. But I could definitely convince you that your game is.

In the Chrono Trigger developer ending this happens too. You talk to an NPC and they're like "thanks for playing!" And the screen goes black for five seconds. Then it comes back and he's like "haha just kidding!"

Made me so mad as a kid because I hadn't gone through that whole ending yet when I reached that dude

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Kids these days have it so easy with their video games and saves :okboomer:

In my day you had to remember a specific pattern of colored dots on an 9x9 grid to get back to the level you were at

Seth Pecksniff has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Sep 12, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

JUSTIN BAILEY

only old school gamers get this reference

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The Mole People Defense is pretty unorthodox but hell if it works it works

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Amazon Games is like "what if a goon project had a AAA budget"

Quick someone pitch Zybourne Clock to them

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Zil posted:

But why? I mean surely he had an idea something bad was going to happen because why else spend 50 minutes at the same soda machine?

No the game should not account for everything s player may do, because that's literally impossible. But the game should account for some weirdass behavior. For instance, cutting off the players ability to drink soda after like, 5-10 drinks would mitigate this issue easily

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Star Citizen coming along nicely it seems :hmmyes:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I guess it's because they're working with 20 year old code but it's baffling to me how many insanely weird bugs are in these remasters

I hope Rockstar never fixes them

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Der Kyhe posted:

Its probably because they are PS2 native source repositories, so they were originally written and designed for Sony's Emotion Engine processor which was its own whole architecture.

Xboxes always been x86-stuff so porting stuff from and to them from PC is no-brainer.

oooooooooooooh this explains a lot!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

This game is getting better and better with each video I see

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Nottherealaborn posted:

Reminds me of that companion ladder glitch from Outer Worlds

https://twitter.com/_taylorswope/status/1205252714680045568?s=21

I love the very last tweet where the NPC is like "something on your mind?" and you just see someone climbing a ladder to heaven in the background hahaha

that's a random rear end bug

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

First you make fun of Star Citizen, then you investigate the intricacies of the Fourth Stimpire

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lmao holy poo poo

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

No idea what game this is but lol

https://twitter.com/Foekoe/status/1477397033984180229?s=20

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

No lie I'd play a game like this

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Last night I was playing the FF6 Pixel Remaster and got to the top of Kefka's Tower and fought the Magic Master. I started out by casting Reraise on Terra. The battle was wonky because he's supposed to have like 56,000 HP, but I hit him with a couple of Blizzaras, he hit me with Firagas that bounced off me, and then the game was like "WELP DONE WITH THIS poo poo" and hit me with his Ultima final attack. This is all fine and good, part of the script, though hella shorter than I remember it being.

It killed my entire party, but Terra didn't reraise. They all stayed dead. I won the battle, and was able to move down the tower until I hit another enemy, until the game properly noticed "hey you're dead" and ended it for me. I came back and everyone was still dead. Thank God I had some Phoenix Downs or there is no way I could have exited that place.

My best guess is casting the reraise activated a trigger on the backend, but for whatever reason the script didn't follow through if the battle ended before it was cast. Weird glitch tbh but it could have been kinda fun anywhere else.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Spek posted:

Haha yeah, I had that exact same thing happen against Magimaster. It doesn't always happen since I watched someone else play him on youtube and reraise worked for them but it was funny.

Against the Umaro fight after he jumped at me I used Palidoor(or whatever they renamed it to) for a laugh and the game got really confused. Umaro landed first but him landing without a target seemed to glitch out and cause his sprite not to appear. Then my party landed but since Umaro was still untargettable their sprites also didn't appear. I couldn't use any abilities, attacks, items, or magic, or the like, the game would just make an error noise when I tried to target them. The game kept announcing abilities Umaro was theoretically trying to use but no animations would play. Sometimes my party's health would go down anyway but not every time. Eventually I just won the battle for no reason I could ascertain, but I suspect, somehow, some of Umaro's attacks were targeting himself when they couldn't properly target my team. But that's just a wild-assed guess.

ha! I think Palidoor has several glitches, and I just ran into another one last night.

I was on the Veldt and Strago had the cursed shield. I used Palidoor against Holy Dragon and down comes Locke, down comes Relm....... and that's it. Strago was out there in the ether, hitting me with the Healing Rod, and I could target him, but he definitely wasn't on the field at all. It was kind of weird tbh. Didn't affect me none but it was still kinda funny

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Big Mackson posted:

I am playing janky rpg game ELEX 2.

https://i.imgur.com/AHmiAEJ.mp4

Reminds me of ReBoot when The User would load a game and it would come down and cover the city

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Idk what this is supposed to be it just looks like a typical day in New York to me? :confused:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The Sims games have some of the best bugs and patch notes around

"removed incest bug"

"removed bug where your sim could be born and die within a day"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

PurpleXVI posted:

The hammer throw and the pole vault, what the hell.

Honestly as soon as he launched himself into the drat sun I was dying hahaha

That video is amazing

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I love the Madden games because they're so bloated with extra features that no one really cares about that they don't actually focus on the football part, and bugs increasingly pile on each other until you get something that's like baby's first physics simulator

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I was playing this tonight and I grabbed a bat from under the ring and when I got into the ring I got kicked and the bat just floated away

I love wrestling glitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

not exactly a glitch but this like can't be legal
https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/armxVg0_460svav1.mp4

Original LoZ: "save Zelda from the evil clutches of Ganon with this sword!"

New LoZ: "MECHA BATTLE BOT SUPREMACY"