Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Speaking of RDR, I haven't been able to find this video since I saw it and I wondered if anyone has it.

There's a bunch of videos were human models are replaced by animals, but this one in particular was the scene where everyone is playing poker, you're accused of cheating and suddenly everyone has a gun pointed at everyone else. Only in this video, one of the poker players is a dog, and the pistol he points at you isn't even in his paw, so it looks like this psychic dog is PISSED at you for cheating at cards. It was loving hilarious and I can't find it again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Just had this happen to me in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Usually facial glitches are kind of 'meh' but the dialogue was killing me.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Her mother was a flatfish.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
JC2 had multiplayer?! How did I never know this? My god, I need to convince some friends to buy this now.

E: VVV Oh. Does it work with Steam?

Waldorf Sixpence has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Feb 21, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Zemyla posted:

I remember a story from an old object-oriented programming book, which I can't find right now. There was a military helicopter simulator that had simulated enemy troops and such, and they were making a version to sell to Australia. So one of the things they decided to add was kangaroos, because a helicopter that spooks a herd of kangaroos can give away its position.

The programmers decided to inherit Kangaroo from Soldier, changing the sprites and increasing their movement speed. When they gave the demo, the programmer flew over a herd of kangaroos, which spooked and hopped behind a hill. As he was talking about how realistic their behavior was, the kangaroos came back out and fired a Stinger missile at the helicopter. Turns out they'd forgotten to remove the weapons from the kangaroos.

I think they kept it in, as an incentive for pilots to avoid kangaroos.

It makes me think of a turn-based Skyrim game.

I heard about this on the Radio 2 programme "The Worst Week Of The Week Award (Awarded Weekly On A Week By Week Basis)" and it had me in stitches at the time. Glad to hear another source of this story so I can be a little more confident that they didn't make it up.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The Swapper is an amazing game with excellent puzzle design, but I feel like the messages from the watchers get really cryptic sometimes.

This isn't a glitch, it's an indie game. For more examples of incomprehensible text in indie games, I recommend Braid.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

RatHat posted:

That sounds very exploitable.

Nah, usually the other characters hide way too close to you to get in anyone else's way, but it is pretty funny watching them run in front of guards who just don't see them. Makes the stealth doable, they run around like loving morons most of the time.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

HIGHLY UNNECESSARY, officer.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I regret buying it because he loves playing it but I thought it was basically a babies game with moving lights but the puzzles are a little to advanced for him having never played any video games before. I basically just let him drive around town and mess with stuff and I do the missions at night to unlock everything play the game in secret when he's not around.

You aren't fooling anyone :colbert:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

haveblue posted:

I'm sure those glitches are super funny and amazing but all the popup text makes that video unwatchable.

To each their own I guess as having recently discovered their channel I've cried with laughter more often than not. I think it's the accent and infectious laugh :v:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Oh my god tiny Mario and Luigi when they mix with Olimar :3:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Uhhh this isn't a glitch it's just a video of Spaceballs: The Video Game

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Roro posted:

Speaking of Fallout 4, I've just seen three Pipboy Editions (as in, with the "ultra-rare" Pipboys and huge fuckoff boxes) for sale in my local CEX. I can't believe that someone would buy the game in one of the most expensive editions only to sell it so quickly. I suppose they didn't budget for it when they put their preorder down?

You've also got to bear in mind that CEX is basically a professional fence and chances are they might be stolen/excess stock. Or maybe just unwanted gifts. Or, possibly even more likely, they're PC versions with the codes redeemed.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Roro posted:

Two XBone versions and a PS4 version, but the stolen/excess/unwanted part is pretty valid. Very expensive unwanted gift though, sheesh.

My friend once bought their sister a brand new NIntendo DS because they didn't really have anything in the way of digital entertainment (poverty loving sucks). They immediately flipped it for cash in CEX. On the one hand I get it, because you know, poverty loving sucks, but on the other I kinda wish they had said something. Would rather have given them the cash straight up, you know? They ended up with less because of it :( So it does happen, for a variety of reasons. I'll never judge anyone who uses, shops at, or sells at CEX despite the slightly dodgy business practices.

Unless they're a burglar or something. gently caress them.

Glitch chat: Holy poo poo watch the Monster Factory series I have been in tears all goddamn night from laughter. My sides hurt.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Roro posted:

I'm actually experiencing a bug with the forums right now, where users seem to be glitching into bitchy shitpiles instead of performing the "post relevant or interesting content" command, which is an inconvenience to say the least!

For content, The Sims 2 used to/still has a bug when played on anything higher than Vista. Frequently, textures like the vast open plains surrounding a plot will be replaced by other textures, like wood flooring. Or faces. Nothing like a mass of staring eyes to encourage you to maybe take a break for a while.

There's a bug in your post. There's no screenshot attached :smith:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

princecoo posted:

In a weird way it actually kind of warms my heart that when faced with such difficulties even the horrible people who call everyone lame fuckin' faggots who fiuck their own dog mothers will form an orderly line and wait patiently like good little boys

I'm here to spoil your mood because for every 3 or 4 good little boys there is one dick at the front sliding around and making a mess of everything. The trick to overcoming that glitch is to spend the best part of an hour relogging until you find an instance with fewer players in it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

You say glitch, I say literally every rocket I've ever built in KSP. (What are those cool unfolding things though? I haven't played since they added the first planet beyond Kerbin/Mun)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Every part of this is flawless.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

I had to right-click open this in a new tab to see it but GOD was it worth it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

What's going on in these for someone who doesn't know anything about American Football?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Your Computer posted:

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

The 167km high jump has been a highlight so far.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Jay Rust posted:

Is the game as fun to play as it looks?

If you liked Tony Hawk but thought it was 1) too unrealistic and 2) too simple to play, sure. I don't mean that in a snarky way. Skate uses far more complicated controls to try to simulate more realistic skateboard physics. The 'more realistic' engine is just more subject to more incredible freak outs, like in those videos. If you can pick up Skate 3 on the cheap I'd recommend it.

E: That's not to say that the game is all sensible flatland stuff. There are ludicrously large hills and jumps and a bone-breaker mode. It's not super serious.

Waldorf Sixpence has a new favorite as of 09:19 on Oct 28, 2016

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

whiteyfats posted:

...There's a Friends point and click game? With depressing endings? :staredog:

No, it was a joke, though I don't get it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Digirat posted:

Their videos are getting pretty hit or miss and I'm finding them not as funny lately. Their BF3 videos were their best IMO.

Same, BUT their Watch Dogs 2 one is really great.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Dude's doing like 3 podcasts, 4+ YouTube series, it's the holiday season and he just had a child. I don't think the series has been dropped my dudes, he's just busy as gently caress.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Shady Amish Terror posted:

loving hell, yeah, that would take turbonerding on a level I am wholly unfamiliar with, like the guys who figured out how to eat their own or other players' UI elements because they're just in-game objects like everything else in BYOND short of the text-box.

Sorry no you're going to have to expand on this one; people figured out how to eat the loving UI of other players? :catstare:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
That's why, much like Dwarf Fortress, I will continue to read about the game, rather than play it. Because gently caress these stories are good.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
You can't talk about the OVERTIME glitch and not post a video of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkbN0Y1yktU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

m2pt5 posted:

there was even one on one map that could jam the spawn room exit halfway open so nobody could leave.

Who has the video of the person doing that and making people answer trivia questions to be released?