Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I just started listening to this like 3 days ago and I've just now finished the last episode. I saw so many references on Tumblr, and figured SA would have a thread, but it was good to discover it was goon-made :allears:

By the way, the link to the store on the website doesn't seem to work, should that be linking to Topatoco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

maxnmona posted:

Yes. TopatoCo is our official store.

Okay, the one at the very top of the page works, but the bigger, more obvious one under the logo doesn't. Or maybe it does? :tinfoil:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

maxnmona posted:

Yeah, we just sold out a 450 capacity theater in 30 seconds. Um....

It must be weird that you have probably over 10x more listeners now than if it were an actual broadcast to the town of Night Vale.

Congrats on the success! :toot:

Speaking of, I wonder what the actual population of Night Vale is. Though it would have to be an approximate population, since it seems like it fluctuates a bit on a daily basis, due to both deaths and quantum shenanigans.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Wedemeyer posted:

In other news, has anyone heard of this idea that the Apache Tracker is actually Slavic, and that he's wearing Native Slavic dress, not Native American dress? Cecil even mentions that he's Slavic. Initially, I took him to be a mocking of hipsters wearing Native American 'inspired' fashion, but that does put a twist on the character.

Cecil specifically mentions that the headdress is plastic.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Look Under The Rock posted:

I'm gonna draw fan art of Cecil with only one eye. Maybe as a pirate.

My little sister just got into wtnv a few weeks ago and I get constant emails about it. She is 13. Middle school is tough, and she seems to have found a little home in night vale, away from real mental chaos, much like I did. It's amazing to me how this show gets people through stuff. For something so consistently creepy, it is also consistently comforting.

It's canon that he has at least two eyes :colbert: Kevin described his eyes in 19A. Other than that I'm all for Pirate Cecil. Now he just needs his own ship at the Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area. Even though it was just a mass hallucination.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Looks like they've added a late show to Philly

Anyone else going to the first show?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Just listened to Condos, so awesome :toot:

What's the new tour's show called? If it isn't spoilers, that is.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

dj_clawson posted:

I may have listened to the leaked clip of Cecil talking to Steve Carlsberg from a life show like, 8 times today.

Spoiler that poo poo! :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I just want to say that the Philly show was awesome, and I hope you do more in the future!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Tormented posted:

When I first heard Cecil noting his hair, I just thought this was how all Nightvale citizen's saw Carlos. I just thought it was a weird left-over strangeness from Carlos originally being from outside Nightvale. It was creepy as in how different Nightvale citizens must be if his hair got so attention.

Then to just find out, "Oh he just has crush on him.", was a huge let-down for me. I was expecting Lovecraften strangeness and really Carlos and Cecil relationship is completely normal, it sort of clashes with everything else going on around them.

I still want to kind of believe it is both. I mean, you remember what happened to Telly, right? I'm sure if all of Night Vale's citizens didn't love Carlos's perfect hair, he wouldn't be out wandering the sand wastes.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Aww, Steve and Cecil :3:

Mayoral spoilers: Somehow I knew it would be Dana :allears:

Kazy fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 1, 2014

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Found a picture of the "ball pit" :allears:

Totally makes up for no WTNV.

Two more days until the next episode, I can't wait to hear about Mayor Dana!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Great SA not-reference in this episode :v:

I smashed my phone something good.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

maxnmona posted:

1. I don't get the reference.

2. The non-SA writer wrote that.

The phrase is usually "I ____ something awful" and it just seemed like a deliberate avoidance of using it.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

I was bummed that we didn;'t get Cecil's Mom lore but at least we have Cecil is probably immortal lore.

But does this mean Night Vale has had tape recorder technology for over a century?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

If I recall correctly, the show time listed on the ticket was when the actual show started, and you just got music for 30 minutes before that. Sorry you don't like free music? :confused:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Silentman0 posted:

None of the things Cecil recited were on the list of things to remember.

Are you sure? I could've sworn I heard it before. The Librarian, maybe?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

It's been nearly a year since I saw The Librarian, I've almost forgotten everything about it :v: I know it's just recording tonight, but what's the general recording > available to buy with money that I have procured timeline?

Also drat you for not doing your Philly show 3 blocks from me again :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Already got my tickets for Philly :toot: But I wasn't able to get in on presale for Dallas tickets :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

maxnmona posted:

Ah, you're one of the many who live within easy driving distance of Philly and Dallas.

I'm from Texas and have family there, but live in Philly. I introduced my cousin in Texas to the show and he really loved it, so I was hoping to get him tickets. :v: (but yes I actually drive from Philly to Texas when I visit)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

TinTower posted:

Speaking of which: when should Kindle pre-orders be available?

They've been available for at least a month.

Love the new book cover, was it designed by Rob Wilson as well?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

If anyone needs an extra ticket for Philly tonight, let me know, my friend cancelled last minute :v:

E: I just put it on the door. The name of tonight's show is The Investigators

Kazy fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 27, 2015

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Dessa was amazing :allears:

As was the Philly show! It was really great. Glad I was able to make it out, even if my friend cancelled on me 2 hours before and thus I had an extra unused ticket :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Nooo the voice of ****Fey**** :(

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

I liked it when I thought that Carlos had a magic haircut, though I also like that it's just because Cecil has a crush on him.

I like to think it was both :allears:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

YouTube playlists give nothing to the artist, if you like it you could at least stream it so the artist gets at least some money :v:

My favorites have been Call Off Your Ghost (so glad to have heard this live during the recent tour), Promise To The Moon, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.

I just wish Promise to the Moon was available somewhere besides the live show recording.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I love the new intro music. :allears:

Also it threw me off when Meg said "Night Vale Presents" instead of Commonplace Books :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Jurgan posted:

This episode was a ton of fun- love the way Janice is becoming more awesome (basically, she's turning into Oracle from Batman) and Cecil admitting that Steve is a good father. And the remixed theme song was fun, though I wouldn't want it to permanently replace the original. With due respect to Disparition, though, there was one section that I thought should be rescored.

:allears: Took me a second, this is great. But what about the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. :ohdear:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Spoilers: It's an Australian/New Zealand tour :v:

Great episode tonight :allears: I just realized the book comes out next month. :toot:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Was this the first real ad in Night Vale? :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Just finished the book. :toot:

It is, indeed, real good. I'll have to listen to the epilogue again.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Congrats on becoming a NYT bestseller!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Was the 1 of 1.5 people who clapped for SA at the book interview :v: Great talk! Still waiting in a huge line to get my book signed.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Today's episode was great :allears: Who played the Emissary?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This is kind of a weird question, but was the character of Cecil fleshed out before you had a voice for him, or was he developed in tandem with the talky guy? I've only just gotten into this, about 20 episodes in. Had some highs, had some lows, kind of wish the surreal humor of the first few episodes was still the focus but I'm happily engaged in the weird character antics of Cecil and Carlos and company. Was Cecil envisioned from the start as gay, or was that an addition from the actor? Do you guys plot out things in advance, and have you been doing so from the start?

Is Cecil really just a mad man alone in a radio room imagining Night Vale? Or is Night Vale imagining a mad man in a radio room? :ohdear:

I think I know how maxnmona will answer this question:

Yes.

He's always very vague about this kind of stuff :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I think The Weather sometimes plays a set before the show starts.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/NightValeRadio/status/707588418444922882

Love the poster for the new live show!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

The new Alice Isn't Dead was great. The music was really really amazing, Earwicker. :toot:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Agreed about the ending. Non-spoiler review of Ghost Stories: :stare:

e: Is it possible to get director's notes for this show like with the regular episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

maxnmona posted:

It's not a very big room, so it's likely to go fast. That said, I have no idea how many of our members live in the NYC area so I can't say if there are enough of them to sell the event out.

I'm probably going to come up from Philly to go. :toot: