Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This is great, I hope it lives a long life. The show would be perfect for a WFMU overnight slot, like Night People. Pitch it to station manager Ken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

maxnmona posted:

That happens to me sometimes with other podcasts, where it will only download part of the file. I don't know what causes it. Have you contacted iTunes?

Scott Johnson was just saying this was an issue with his podcasts sometimes and had to be an Apple problem because he was using multiple hosts for his feeds. Sorry I have nothing more helpful than that.

Also, I always get confused about where the desert is, because since the beginning I just assumed Night Vale was in New Jersey. :shrug:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

His style in that picture might be unexpected, but the :smug: is dead-on.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Earwicker posted:

Actually people probably would pay money if it were filmed with an early 90's camcorder that had a nice fuzzy blur, weird artifacting, mechanical camera noises, and all that poo poo because people are all about that now.

Word. If you're shooting video on anything other than audiotape you just don't get it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

dj_clawson posted:

I was at a LARP this weekend (yes, I know, I'm totally dropping in your esteem) and someone came up to me in the pre-game and said that he saw I posted from the live show theater. He said, "This teenage girl basically assaulted me at a wedding because she said I looked just like Cecil." He knew what Night Vale was, vaguely, but he had to ask around. I've seen the wedding photo, and to be fair he was tall and in a sweater vet and hipster glasses, but he's not, you know, bald, so I showed him a picture of the real Cecil he was very confused.

I love that there's skinny bookish nerds out there getting laid because of a podcast they've never heard of.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TheJoker138 posted:

Considering every episode description is pretty much "please don't sue us!" and they say nothing about having even asked permission, and maxnmona saying he had no idea what it was when it was last mentioned...

Wow that is so crazy to see all the relatively established podcasts that are ranked below a bootleg Night Vale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cecil: When I say goons, you say Tumblr!
Cecil: Goons!
Crowd: Tumblr!
Cecil: Goons!
Crowd: Tumblr!

I can dream.