Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Loved the Woman fromItaly callback. Was wondering if That would be revisited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AstroZamboni posted:

Also dug the little dig on The Black Tapes.

Was told not to bother with black tapes. What was the dig.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Literally The Worst posted:

somehow i don't think they're nearly on the same level as an interdimensional being

But station managements office interdimensional.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

docbeard posted:

I hope that you're not implying that Lee Marvin is incidental or subservient to anyone.

I think Lee Marvin was answered in the novel.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Time doesn't work in NightVale. Every day is Lee Marvins 30th birthday. For decades. It's not him any more than its Diane it's just nightvale.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Benny the Snake posted:

Alice is a Thistle-person, I'm calling it right loving now.

Naah Narrator is becoming one and has been since being bitten, just doesn't realize it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Who's going to the Seattle show tonight? Most goons I know had to bail on their tickets.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Until you remember Homecoming and realize you are a curmudgeon for letting plot consistency get in the way of a good story.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Diet Poison posted:

Yeah, that was great.
I'm torn between "I'm glad WTNV is enough of a thing that you got Retta to do a voice" and "who the hell thought Retta sounded old enough to be Old Woman Josie?". I always pictured OWJ as one of those pushing-a-hundred types not capable of doing much more than staring out the window and dialing the phone. But whatever. Still really liked the episode.

Re WTW: I never considered that Hester might not have gotten out! Oh nooo...

She bowls every week... slinging a 18 pound ball down the alley isn't for the feeble.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dark Grapefruit posted:

I would greatly like to see how you pull off Hush in a podcast format.

That mid September one was probably closest. Where you are listening for the monster.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Seattle sold out when I blinked. Please add another night for podcon.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

"A planet, of awesome size, lit by no sun" you say? Ok!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

One thing is I wish that the live shows would do away with the modular format. I much prefer Condos to Ghost Stories and All Hail. Nothing really moves the show along other than Cecil since they're all written to not be there. And chatting with someone at PodCon from Utah, there was 0 overlap with the guests other than Cecil and either Joseph or Jeffrey. Literally we saw two totally different shows that tried for the same payoff.

I did immensely enjoy the Alice Isn't Dead showing and getting to say Hi to Earwicker in the Elevator on the way down after the show. So that was great.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Earwicker posted:

We didn't perform any Night Vale episode at PodCon it was just a Q&A :confused: do you mean the Neptune?

the reason the live shows have a modular format is because different actors are available to tour at different times and different places. we have a core group who are pretty much always on tour (Cecil, Symphony, Meg, and myself) and other actors join tours as their and our schedule allows. Condos wasn't toured nearly as extensively as the other shows have been.

Yes, Neptune ;and I realize the reason for it, I just wish it wasn’t so. It just doesn’t feel as earned but that’s my issue.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jurgan posted:

What’s the protocol for live shows? Do they eventually all get released? I know that happened with the first few, but did Ghost Story ever become downloadable? And All Hail is starting another tour, so who knows when that one will be available.

I want to talk about All Hail, but it’s not right to spoil it when some people might still see it live.

https://nightvale.bandcamp.com/ Ghost stories is the first link. Generally it's downloadable when the touring is done. All Hail is on tour now so won't be released for some time I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Nah, you first hear about it in A Story About You, just before you die.

Edit: The Dark Planet is a metaphor or symbolization for death, right? That’s the way I’ve been reading for the last couple years.

I thought it also brought you to Night Vale. I saw it as everyone from the outside followed it and wound up in. Night Vale because of it.