Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut do you know if the Saint Seiya game will be put out on psn(NA)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

I don't think Bandai Namco is going to release Sanctuary Battle in North America. It's no big deal though, you can just buy it from Europe in English for a decent rate.

Just to be sure, One Piece is coming out on the psn right?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

How popular is Dynasty Warriors in China anyway?

I am not sure how popular it is because China didn't have consoles up until a few years ago. I have heard it does have a decent following since these games started getting released in Steam and most of Chinese gaming population is on PC(mostly f2p/online games). Wuxia and Romance of Three Kingdoms are pretty popular settings in Chinese media in general.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hopefully in the future there is a musou game for every media franchise ever and KoeiTecmo have taken over the world.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Autoresolve in the TW games aren't recommended because the algorithm is hosed up. You could have less troops but more advanced army and still lose. It feels random, you can reload a save and get different results in same autoresolve.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Is DW9 just bad as a game or is it graphics/bugs that are the issue?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Whats the best Musou game to get on the steam sale? Last one I played was DW7.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Started DW8XL, last time I played DW was 7, which was years ago.

On PC is there way to reconfigure controls inside menu's? I have customized the ingame/combat controls properly. I use a xbox 1 controller for pc and the x bottom which is normally to confirm is currently cancel and b is for confirm.

Btw chronological what's the best order for campaigns Shu > Wu/Wei and Jin last?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

I miss the gundam dynasty warriors. Thats all, hello to the thread.

Ya those were quite fun, I wish they rereleased them on PC.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Maleketh posted:

Shu/Wu/Wei, in any order, followed by Jin, followed by Lu Bu. Lu Bu's campaign is chronologically ahead of Jin's but should still be played last.

Aight thanks.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Can anyone explain affinity/elements how they work in builds/battle? I mean in general but I am playing dw8xl.

E; also forgot my boy dian wei dies right away.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 21, 2020

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ah man why don't they just dump it on PC with no marketing. PS4 architecture is the same or is there some rule your game has to have some english in it to be on worldwide stores?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dev side the only differences between DW/Orochi and the Nintendo spinoffs is that Team Ninja helped with the Nintendo spinoffs. Maybe they just had more people work on the core gameplay aspects.

Btw anyone play the pirate warrior games on PC? I have Pirate Warriors 3 and I enjoy One Piece but haven't played it yet. Or I might just go for another playthrough of DW8XL, that game is a blast.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zhou Tai best character in DW8XL

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Among its known investments, as of May 2020, include:

Full ownership of Riot Games, the American developers of League of Legends[152]
Full ownership of Norwegian publisher Funcom.[153][154]
Full ownership of Swedish developer Sharkmob, founded in 2017 by ex-Ubisoft developers and fully acquired by Tencent in 2019.[155]
80% ownership in the New Zealand company Grinding Gear Games, the developers of the game Path of Exile.[156][157][158]
Approximately 84% ownership in Finnish mobile game developer Supercell, makers of Clash of Clans and Clash Royale[159]
40% ownership of American developers Epic Games, the developer of popular online game Fortnite[160]
20% ownership of Japanese publisher and developer Marvelous.[161]
17.66% ownership of South Korean mobile developer Netmarble.[162]
Approximately 15% ownership of American mobile game developer Glu Mobile[163]
13.54% ownership of South Korean company Kakao, the parent company of South Korean publisher Kakao Games.[164][165]
9% ownership in UK developer Frontier Developments[166]
5% ownership of American holding company Activision Blizzard, the parent company of Activision, Blizzard and King[163]
5% ownership of Swedish publisher Paradox Interactive[163]
5% ownership in France's Ubisoft, purchased from Vivendi following Vivendi's failed attempt to buy out Ubisoft in March 2018[167][168]
1.5% ownership of South Korean company Bluehole, the publisher of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.
Majority ownership in Switzerland-based mobile game developer Miniclip[169]
Capital Investment in Japanese developer PlatinumGames[170]
Minority share in German developer Yager Development[171]

I actually have a position in Tencent but they make little from their investment abroad most of it is to acquire ips/brands to make domestic products(like they are doing with Koei/Blizzard/Riot) and WeChat which is hard to explain to non Chinese people but think of Amazon/Whatsapp/Gmail/Paypal all bundled in 1 thing. That's their main source of income.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Oh, this was just in reference to video games. WeChat is definitely Tencent's bread-and-butter. They just also happen to have their hands in a ton of stuff as an investment firm, so their name comes up a lot.

Ya they are the epitome of the 21st big tech company although they started as a company that made a messenger app they have basically expanded into everything tech related much like companies like Google, Amazon.

As for the Dynasty Warrior collab with Koei, I am surprised this didn't happen sooner as the ROTK games are pretty popular in China even more than DW. China loves mobile games, f2p and are already use to playing strategy/rts on mobile so it would have been better to have ROTK mobile version.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

C'mon, c'mon, bring back Dynasty Warriors Gundam. You know you want to.

Ya i hope so, they made 3 of them in such quick succession then never went back to it other than a Vita game. Maybe Bandai doesn't want to give them the license? Not sure.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ok it has to be 1 main line DW game and a ip based musou or Chinese only web/mobile game since Koei partnered up with Tencent.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The artstyle shift to Breath of the Wild is a massive upgrade, the other parts of the game were already quite fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Doomhammer posted:

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/1304258111054716928

Neat, a new playlist for when I'm playing Total War: Three Kingdoms! (seriously though I'm glad they finally did this.)

Thanks for sharing, love the soundtrack of this series, it's so drat underrated.

Azran posted:

Men of Intelligence is still my favorite.

Agreed.

Listening to this makes me hyped for Tokyo Game Show.