Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Does Dynasty Warriors 7 have battles beyond the Wu Zhang Plains?

I got a horrible copy of DW4 where end stages and Cao Cao's hordes show up, the action is now 5 fps until I win. DW5 is so much better in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Bloodly posted:

I'd have thought the so-called 'complete edition' would have that DLC in place already. Isn't that the point of calling it so?
I guess "complete" meant base and expansion or there will not be any DLC, ever.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a site where I can find the changes each DW game made to the series?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sima Wang is still the funniest DW name. :colbert:
Wang Lang. He immediately regretted traveling the world.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
As usual, AMD computers have more trouble than not.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a limit to the number of saves you can make in any difficulty?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

http://steamcommunity.com/app/278080/discussions/0/558755530439709143/ posted:

This version includes the free DLC from Dynasty Warriors 8 and Xtreme Legends:
BIG Puccho collaboration skins (panda, bear, Red Hare)
Toukiden: The Age of Demons collaboration support animal Tenko
V-Jump 20th Anniversary Guan Xing costume
V-Jump Special Zhang Bao costume
Wallpapers (Wei/Wu/Shu/Jin/Others)
BGM Sets 1 to 10
Additional BGM from Dynasty Warriors 3 to 7

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 19, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Unlucky7 posted:

There was a nice little DW7 callback in the Wei hypothetical ending that I liked. Dian Wei helping Xu Zhu till the fields :unsmith:

I was thinking of doing the Wu hypothetical, however...I am thinking I should do the Shu hypothetical now. I have a feeling that it is going to be PAIN.
That sounds like the same thing happened in 4 or 5.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Captain Oblivious posted:

Sadly Japan is completely oblivious to how PC Gaming works <anywhere that isn't Japan> as evidenced by them being utterly perplexed every time they put something on Steam and it sells.
They have a Ferengi train of thought when it comes to marketing their adult visual novels. You see game prices that are on par with Australian game prices because their die-hard base will pay any amount to get their next fix.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

SirPhoebos posted:

While I haven't played the early games (which is where I suspect the biggest turds are), the 2 worst that I've played:

1. DW6, Chang'ban, Wei side. In a game with slow-fighting mechanics, a stage where you have to haul rear end, ignoring any side objective, or you lose is pretty galling. Plus I think in all but one iteration even after you complete the stage the game says "lol NOPE! Liu Bei escapes anyway!" just makes it all the more frustrating.
Sounds like the same stage in DW4 where Liu Bei is literally hauling rear end on a horse and every event possible occurs to stop you from chasing a guy with free reign of the map. He is supposed to escape and it takes under two minutes for the map to end. If he is knocked off his horse, you better keep him on screen chasing his scared rear end or he spawns horses constantly. Even a max level character has a hell of a time to beat him before he leaves. Good luck getting 100 KO on that map. Such a loving waste of a map.

The Shu side is different. You are running through hundreds of Wei and those gates now close on you. Officers are everywhere and the gates only open when you complete objectives. All the events that happen on the Wei side do not appear and you are slogging through everyone on Wei without any real help. Takes maybe ten minutes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Vichan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdiicv_DKgw

ROTK X was the best game in the series and the fact that that'll probably remain so for a very long time makes me sad. :(
It has been so many years since that Even game came out and the next one just couldn't match up.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I heard that DW8 Ambition is a lite Empire version. How much different is it from Empires?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
60 episodes in and I am surprised how bloated each arc has become after the first few villains. Until they get to Arlong, each arc villain doesn't put up a tough fight, but manages to drag it out several episodes longer than needed. It really feels like Grandpa Ryu exists to troll the viewer, with several episodes involving around staring at his eyes and pretending to advance the story.
I'll switch to the manga.