Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Outrunner, I'm rooting for your team. I wish that I were an expansion owner to get those Tigers teams, so good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Ordius: I want Ty Cobb. If you're interested in trading, what are you looking for? I have some great starting pitching (I don't think Oil Can Boyd is gonna pan out for you and I don't know what your backup plan is...), and whatever else might tickle your fancy. Let me know.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Ordius posted:

Ty Cobb is one of the best hitters of all time. You're going to have to blow me away.

If I'm being optimistic, I'm looking for a modern pitcher to replace a deadballer, a comparative top CF and a cherry on top, so.

Cobb can go for that Doug Fister, Mickey Mantle, and... Roger Maris.

Don't you already have a poo poo-ton of outfielders on your roster? I'm giving away two of my best in this deal, plus a decent pitcher, when you could just pull from your feeders and have a competent outfield. I'd want something more from this. If I'm giving up both Mantle and Maris, then I want Sam Crawford thrown in, along with Tom Seaver.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Ordius posted:

I need to think this over. I'm not sure about losing Crawford for Maris, even though I've got a smaller ballpark and Maris has more power.

That's fine, I need to postpone the negotiations anyways, I just lost my 2B for the season. I'll get back to you after I figure out what I'm going to do.

OTHER EXPANSION CUP OWNERS! I am bent over a barrel here, and I have an injured 1985 Paul Molitor, in the prime of his career. Molitor posted a 122 career OPS+ and drew almost as many walks as he had strikeouts, and can play both 2B/3B. Unfortunately, he's out for the season for me. For you guys, on the other hand, he'd be fresh and new. I'm only looking for a 2B at the moment, and I have other pieces to offer like 1961 Yankee RF Roger Maris, 1968 Tiger 1B Norm Cash, and 1911 Athletic SP Chief Bender. Make me a fair offer.

cbx fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 6, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

Charlie Hickman can play second. Career OPS+ 133, hit .361 in the 1902 year I have him from.

For Molly?

I'm very hesitant to take on a player that Bruiser had on the Bronies. Let me consider it fully first.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Outrunner posted:

I'll be more then happy to give you Lou Whitaker for Paul Molitor. Would solve my problem of playing Scott Brosius at third.

Done.

trade

1985 Paul Molitor

for

1984 Lou Whitaker

Welcome home, Lou. Get in there at 2B and put Santiago back on the bench.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Just out of curiosity, that seems like an awful lot of injuries. Are you sure your injury slider is set to -50%?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Ah, so he's behind this... I should've guessed. The last EC was definitely -50%, and he's trying to drive up injuries so that he has less work to do. ;)

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Motor City Bengals

For reasons that will soon become clear, I'm doing a last check to see if people are interested in any trades from the Bengals. Off limits are Verlander, Mantle, Ripken, Henke, and Boggs.

Yes, that means that Miguel Cabrera is up for discussion. There's a good Smoky Joe Wood... Doug Fister's been kicking butt too... Sweet Lou Whitaker *sob* is also available... As posted in the other thread, I'm running this like a pretend Super-Auction. Bids close in 23 hours, at 11 PM EST. I will check both threads.

cbx fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 27, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Bid Updates!

The Mathematicians bid:
'19 Wilbur Cooper and '97 Jeff Montgomery for Mickey Lolich
'99 Jim Mecir for Pat Dobson

The Great Googly-Mooglies bid:
1934 Monte Pearson for Chief Bender.
1911 Amos Strunk for Al Kaline

The Unspecs bid:
Lloyd Waner for Sam Crawford
Bill Doak and Camilo Pascual for Dougie Fresh

The Cultists bid:
Eddie Cicotte, Harry Hooper and Pinkie Higgins for Miguel Cabrera.
Luis Gonzalez, Alberto Callaspo and a 2nd round draft pick for Lou Whitaker.
Earl Battey for Bill Freehan.
Shigetoshi Hasegawa for Jeff Reardon.

The Rated-R Superstars bid:
2006 Vernon Wells for Victor Martinez

The Bulldogs bid 1978 Willie Stargell, 1931 George Uhle, and 1984 Lance Parrish for Smoky Joe Wood.

cbx fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 27, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Bid Updates!

The Mathematicians bid:
'99 Jim Mecir for Pat Dobson

The Great Googly-Mooglies bid:
1934 Monte Pearson and 1911 Cy Morgan for Chief Bender.

The Unspecs bid:
Lloyd Waner for Sam Crawford
Bill Doak and Camilo Pascual for Dougie Fresh

The Cultists bid:
Eddie Cicotte, Harry Hooper and Pinkie Higgins for Miguel Cabrera.
Luis Gonzalez, Alberto Callaspo and a 2nd round draft pick for Lou Whitaker.
Earl Battey for Bill Freehan.
Shigetoshi Hasegawa for Jeff Reardon.
Billy Butler for Boog Powell.
Ray Collins and Rod Barajas for Mickey Lolich.

The Rated-R Superstars bid:
2006 Vernon Wells for Victor Martinez
2009 Ryan Franklin for Kerry Wood
2006 Alex Rios for Willie Horton
2009 Trevor Martin for Austin Jackson

The Bulldogs bid 1978 Willie Stargell, 1931 George Uhle, and 1984 Lance Parrish for Smoky Joe Wood.

There's still a few minutes to bid, so act now if you're wanting someone!

cbx fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 28, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

The Postmodernists bid:

'86 Bobby Bonilla and '86 Tony Peņa for Chief Bender
'85 Cesar Cedeņo for Justin Verlander
'02 Earl Moore and '86 John Smiley for Victor Martinez
'81 Mookie Wilson for the elder John Hiller

Verlander is untouchable. The Hiller bid is the only one that would work, along with Martinez.

cbx fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 28, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I think you overvalue the poo poo of Monte Pearson, but OK. For now,

'86 Bobby Bonilla, '86 Tony Pea002c0020'85 Cesar Cedeo002c0020'02 Earl Moore and '86 John Smiley for Chief Bender

Sorry, the bid on Bender was outdated. I copied the wrong post as a basis for my updates. It's been updated now, and as such, that bid would be invalid. Moore and Smiley are in the Martinez bid.

Viscount Slim posted:

I could use another catcher. I could also use Wade Boggs, but apparently he's not on offer.

1937 Mel Harder and 1984 Harold Baines for Victor Martinez!

Not enough.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Viscount Slim posted:

Please help me understand how Vernon Wells is worth more than Baines?

It wasn't Baines that sunk the bid.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

DONE. Bidding period has been completed.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Marauder... I'm not gone yet, and I'd be happy to join you in this. You'll see what I have in store shortly.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I threw in the revised Bender bid before you edited to accept the bid for Martinez, but OK, I suppose? I can add '85 Andy Van Slyke if that helps.

That simply means that I hadn't edited the post in time with your previous post. Forgive me, but I had two threads to monitor and earlier mistakes to fix.

The Merry Marauder posted:

Well done on the history update, Smasher.

The rest of the last page, well...good God. I'm going to have to Do Something about the Cultist/Superstar/Moogly Axis, aren't I? Other right-thinking owners are invited to join in, of course.

I wish you would jump into IRC on occasion, it makes these sort of things much easier to plan.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Never mind. Smasher did actually reject that particular sell.

cbx fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 28, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

BIG GOV'T BAILS OUT THE MOTOR CITY AGAIN!

Earl Wilson, AP, posted:

In a move that shocks absolutely none of history's slightest critics, the US Government has once again bought out a Detroit-based organization, saving the Motor City Bengals from absolute bankruptcy by folding them into the Norfolk Splinter Cells.

cbx, the newly-appointed owner of the merged teams, had this to say. "Well, I honestly didn't want to see another Detroit venture fall through. When the government approached me with the bail-out talks, I was very receptive and I honestly believe that this is the best thing to do to keep hopes for a competitive Super-League franchise alive and burning in the state of Michigan."

SmasherDynamo, the owner of the Super-League, stepped in and allowed the Bengals to transfer 5 players to the Splinter Cells, but stripped them of all naturally-gained Dispersal Draft picks. Justin Verlander, Wade Boggs, Mickey Mantle, Cal Ripken Jr, and Tom Henke were all told that they would continue on with the Cells, and all seemed to be fairly delighted at the news. The rest of the team was quickly auctioned off to the rest of the Super-League and Expansion Cup.

The National Defense Committee could not be reached for comment. Sources tell us that there is a war coming, and that the Committee has its hands full preparing.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Phil Coke is 2011 from the Tigers, Lou Whitaker is from the 1984 World Champs Detroit Tigers. Boog Powell was in his 5th full season and is from 1966.

cbx fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 29, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Is there a reason why my team never gets defensive stats like every other team?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

The Splinter Cells are in.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Cthulhu, what would it take to get Whitaker back from you? You're not using him.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I need him for this, so.. I'll get back to you post this. Because he's starting at 2B here for me now!

2B. Hornsby, Rodgers "Rajah" 33 (1930 Chicago Cubs)

Bench:

Bench 2. Whitaker, Lou (2B) (1984, Detroit Tigers via the Motor City Bengals CBX)

C'mon man. Bench isn't starting. Be straight with me.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Well gently caress. I got thrown in the toughest division.

Roster:
Starting 9

Cobb RF
Boggs 3B
Mantle CF
Cabrera 1B
Piazza C
Olerud DH
Ripken Jr SS
Suzuki LF
Delahanty 2B

Bench

Rice OF
Guillen IF
Griffey Jr OF
Bellhorn IF
Ross C

Pitching:

Clemens SP
Verlander SP
Seaver SP
Summers SP
Boddicker SP

Henke CL
Benitez SU
Soriano SR
Putz SR
LaRoche MR
Mullin LR

Bullpen Bench

Sasaki RP
Boyd SP
Hasegawa RP

Sliders
Hit and Run and Bunt/Squeeze sliders up to +4
Defensive Replacement slider down to -3

Trade Bait
I need pitching of all types. I have a boatload of hitting. I've got John Olerud with a career OPS+ of 129. I've got the Saint of Bellhorn. I've got Jim Rice, Hall of Famer LF with an OPS+ of 137. Mike Greenwell, with a career BA over 300 and a career OPS+ of 121. Just tell me what you're interested in.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I posted my roster, Cthulhu. Let's talk Sweet Lou.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Just ask me. I have the years in the roster file but I'm too lazy to post them all right now.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Just checking to see if my actual lineup is the lineup I specified earlier. I didn't have Jim Rice playing at all, and I had Ichiro in LF.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Trade accepted by the Splinter Cells.

Whitaker back in at 2B, JFK in as 5th starter. Boddicker up to 4th starter, Summers to LR, Mullin to AAA.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

My stats pics are all sorts of hosed up. Who is Guy Kramer and why is he playing at all in my lineup? Why is Mantle at 1B instead of in CF? Guillen is a backup, he shouldn't be starting over Whitaker at 2B.

As for pitching, yank Boddicker to LR and replace him with Summers. Guy's dealing right now and it'd be a shame not to take advantage.

Also, I think I'm taking some extra losses 'cause of these drafted players somehow getting inserted into my lineup. If they have stats, they've been playing when they shouldn't be.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I know I posted it in IRC earlier today, but I'll post it in here too: Congrats, Smasher. I knew you'd do it and you had the similar faith of all the guys that idle the channel.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Interested in trading that Chipper for pitching help?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I think if you really want Ted Williams that badly, you're gonna have to give up top pitching to do so.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Not to rush any of you, but time does keep marching on...

Smasher League Week 6 Injury Report

No new Champions

Two things:

1. The Mudholes have somehow come back to life, meaning that they'll want to make that trade sooner rather that later, as there's a decent chance they'll knock themselves out of the top draft spot if they keep this up.

2. cbx seems to think that his team's relative struggles are due to a mis-entered lineup. I personally have another theory, you see...no, I'll let him explain it:

: Hello, old friend, it is I, Mike Boddicker. You know, it takes a certain amount of courage to make me your #4 starter in the Super-League. Others will laugh at you, call you names, mock you endlessly. In fact, when Smasher Dynamo writes your obit, and, it's fair to say that this is inevitable when I am starting for your team, I would expect several paragraphs describing the sheer extent of the damage I did to your team. But you ignore all of that, and start my regardless, and for that, I salute you!

Cologne Emperors
Martin Dihigo (SP) (Fractured Skull) - 63 days
Matt Mantei (RP) (Broken Hand from punching some sort of skull-shaped object) - 21 days

Juneau Juggernauts
Eddie Watt (RP) (Tainted Fresca) - Out for Season

I'd still like to see accurate snapshots of my team. I might be starting Boddicker, but I have no clue who's actually playing out in the field and what my actual stats are. Is that honestly too much to ask?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

Seriously? The fielding snap is correct with respect to position, the batting stats are the actual batting stats. Is this not the case?

The batting stats are fine but I seem to have people receiving at bats that are fictional players. As far as fielding goes, I have a player out in the field in Ichiro that has his stats displayed at his natural position. Problem is, I'm not playing him in his natural position. I'm asking for a non-batch-processed screenshot of my lineup and defensive stats, I'm not begging Smasher to run challenges, for gently caress's sake.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

It's not too much to ask, but your team has much larger problems, and you need to address them. Yeah, I hosed up, and Suzuki sat on the bench for a couple of games he shouldn't have, but you know what, that hasn't caused nearly as much damage as Mike Boddicker and Jimmy Key have to your team.

Yeah, I can see the ERAs, I'm still trying to figure out a plan that doesn't involve George Mullin being 3x worse than either Boddicker or Key on a regular basis for me. I don't mind or care if you hosed up, and I even thought the Boddicker chat was funny. I just want the same stats that everyone else gets, so I can make informed decisions for my team.

With that having been said, I feel like you missed this in my last post:

cbx posted:

As for pitching, yank Boddicker to LR and replace him with Summers. Guy's dealing right now and it'd be a shame not to take advantage.

So I'm reposting it. Mike Boddicker to Long Relief, Ed Summers to 4th spot in the rotation.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

The Splinter Cells traded their 2nd round pick received from the Cultists BACK to the Cultists in the Lou Whitaker deal. Net result: Norfolk owns their own picks in both rounds and none other.

Draft Preferences are

1st round: Best Starting Pitcher available

2nd round: Best Middle Infielder available

I don't think there's a 3rd round, but if there is, the preference is Best Reliever Available.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I'd actually be interested in running the next EC. I have experience, I have the program and I have contempt for the vast majority of you guys. I think that makes me the only logical choice.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Roster Changes:

Carlos Guillen in at 2B for Whitaker

David Ross to start at C, Piazza to personal catch Summers.

Oil Can Boyd in for Jimmy Fuckin' Key at SP

George Mullin in for Tom Seaver at SP

Ken Griffey Jr in as DH for Cabrera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

-Have fun!
Ballot!
Dynamo League

Catcher
Pick One
[ ] Brian McCann (Unicorns) (.292/.342/.472, 5 HRs 0.0 WAR)

First Basemen
Pick One
[ ] Buck Leonard (Dervishes) (.237/.335/.445, 7 HRs 0.6 WAR)

Second Basemen
Pick One
[ ] Ray Durham (Daydreamers) (.290/.351/.485, 8 HRs 0.8 WAR)

Third Basemen
Pick One
[ ] Frank Baker (Unspecifieds) (.241/.271/.409, 4 HRs 0.7 WAR)

Shortstops
Pick One
[ ] Joe Cronin (Losers) (.296/.348/.481, 7 HRs 0.1 WAR)

Left Fielders
Pick One
[ ] Fred Clarke (Unicorns) (.321/.379/.401, 0 HRs 0.5 WAR)

Center Fielders
Pick One
[ ] Earl Averill (Dervishes) (.283/.327/.513, 9 HRs 0.2 WAR)

Right Fielders
Pick One
[ ] Hank Aaron (Saints) (.264/.332/.397, 3 HRs 0.3 WAR)

Designated Hitters
Pick One
[ ] Daniel Bryan (Am. Dragons) (.???/.???/.???, ? HRs ?.? WAR)

Manager
Pick One
[ ] Beet (Dervishes) (The Beetiest)

Smasher League

Catchers
Pick One
[ ] Mike Piazza (Cells) (.270/.310/.497, 8 HRs -0.8 WAR)

First Basemen
Pick One
[ ] Jimmie Foxx (Superstars) (.276/.364/.464, 9 HRs 1.2 WAR)

Second Basemen
Pick One
[ ] Rogers Hornsby (Comancheros) (.360/.400/.556, 5 HRs 1.7 WAR)

Third Basemen
Pick One
[ ] Wade Boggs (Juggernauts) (.387/.437/.495, 1 HRs 1.6 WAR)

Shortstops
Pick One
[ ] Derek Jeter (Bobbleheads) (.341/.382/.453, 4 HRs 0.5 WAR)

Left Fielders
Pick One
[ ] Zack Wheat (Mathematicians) (.345/.416/.483, 2 HRs 2.3 WAR)

Center Fielders
Pick One
[ ] Joe DiMaggio (Landers) (.399/.473/.632, 7 HRs 1.8 WAR)

Right Fielders
Pick One
[ ] Ty Cobb (Cells) (.345/.410/.448, 0 HRs 1.3 WAR)

Designated Hitters
Pick One
[ ] Miguel Cabrera (Cells) (.306/.383/.456, 5 HRs 0.5 WAR)

Manager
Pick One
[ ] cbx (Cells) (Actually works for an MLB Team)