Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
That's one amazing obit. Thank you very much :tipshat:

I will be back on the field of Valor in the next Expansion Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
The almighty Macho Men almost stumbled. We can be sure it won't happen anytime again but as a will of good gesture the Macho Men can use the remains of the Emperors to bolster their squad unless anyone objects (or there are just worthless pieces in my former team, which may be quite likely). Make these undead remains proud.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

So be it!

I hereby set a best-of-seven challenge between the Elephants and Bloggers to be played for the possession of the mystery box, which will remaining closed pending the outcome.

The series will be played tomorrow!

e: By the way, I just had a thought for something that might be cool for Super-League IX, a season-long Champions League between all of the teams that won the championship and then were beaten by the Macho Men, with the winner getting to come out of retirement for one season during Super-League X to try and win the championship and thus get a rematch with the Macho Men.

I'm all for the Champions League with the stipulation that whoever comes from retirement isn't dumped in my division on the day of my glorious return.

But seriously it sounds like a fun idea to have the best of the best duke it out with eachother just to have a more or less unskewed look at who really was the best (to fall to the Macho Men).

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Soon I will return...

I've been reading up and am still as clueless as before. Baseball statistics are hard to grasp.

Anyhow I vote B for the Bobbleheads obit vote. Mark Grace only starts riding Rocket Cycles once he returned to his classy looks.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Mark Grace needs that Rocket Fuel now. so he visits his alter ego . B

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Mark Grace is going to compete for the Sledding World Championship.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
As much as it would amuse me to see the anguish on Smasher's face by voting C, I am still too much of a nice guy. So Mark Grace is going to amuse himself on the prospect of Berlusconi coming back.

Also I'm currently studying the Cultists team in order to understand how they became such a behemoth and whether selling my soul may yield the same results to me. So far I haven't come to a conclusion.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

It's more a matter of this thread starting to feel like a job more than a hobby, so I figured a day off might help.

Take as many days off as you need. Enjoy Christmas and the end of year and refill those tanks of yours if need be. Us impatient fools can wait. You're doing a bang up job anyway even moreso with an almost daily updating schedule.

CVE fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 22, 2012

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Don't worry Smasher the other 10 views will be mine although I hardly have anything interesting to say and thus don't post alot. Anyhow Merry Christmas to you all.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I vote C for the obit. Let's get Mark and his coon some gyros.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Yeah let's get the Mark Grace Show back on track. I vote B with the addition of a self made Gyros.

Hopefully my players will help other owners more than they helped me (and fail against me...)

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to be a man in the spotlight for as long as Mark Grace without picking up the one or other clue in how contract negotiation (hostage negotiation are the same thing :colbert:) works. Obviously we are going to ask for confirmation of the deal first. In triplicate if possible. Voting C

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Grinnblade posted:

C. gently caress YOUR BELIEF SYSTEMS

Potential Expansion Cup Owners!

Just so you're aware, I'll be running things much like cbx ran ECVII injury-wise, which is to say every injury under 6 days will be played through to the best of Mogul AI's ability, and anything over that time will be noted, erased, and reinstated at the start of the next month so that you will have the ability to make changes that may or may not be less retarded than what Mogul's AI wants to do.

Other than that, I'll assume most of you know the drill. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or in #thesuperleague on irc.synirc.net.

Looking forward to it. As for the obit Mark Grace is forever bound to the Super-League. he cannot escape this cycle and will thus be reborn as long as the Super-League exists. B

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
It's not like 40 year old Cobb and Collins were the reason for my demise. After all the season were I let both of them play full time was the season I survived and had my best record while the others went down the drain. Clearly both of them can only operate on their own. :colbert:

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Here is my roster again for grinblades viewing pleasure.

Home City: Nuremberg, Bavaria

Home Stadium: Money Inc. Arena (modelled after Petco Park)

DH Preference: No

30-Man Roster:

1B: Frank Chance (1903 Cubs)
2B: Johnny Evers (1903 Cubs)
3B: Home Run Baker (1916 Yankees), Bill Madlock (1976 Cubs)
C: Brian Downing (1975 White Sox), Les Nunamaker (1916 Yankees)
SS: Joe Tinker (1903 Cubs), Bobby Wallace (1906 Browns)
LF: George Stone (1906 Browns)
RF: Sam Crawford (1903 Tigers), Pat Kelley (1975 White Sox)
CF: Rick Monday (1976 Cubs), Jimmie Barrett (1903 Tigers)
DH: Andre Thornton (1976 Cubs)

SP:

Bob Shawkey (1916 Yankees)
Rick Reuschel (1976 Cubs)
Jim Kaat (1975 White Sox)
Jack Weimer (1903 Cubs)
Jack Taylor (1903 Cubs)
Nick Cullop (1916 Yankees)

RP:

Rich Goosage (1975 White Sox)
Bruce Sutter (1976 Cubs)
Urban Shocker (1916 Yankees)
Donald Knowles (1976 Cubs)
Cecil Upshaw (1975 White Sox)

Minors:

Wally Pipp (1916 Yankees)
Carl Lundgren (1903 Cubs)
Tim Hendryx (1916 Yankees)
Doc Gessler (1903 Tigers)
Jorge Orta (1975 White Sox)

Lineups:

1B: Frank Chance (1903 Cubs)
C: Brian Downing (1975 White Sox)
3B: Home Run Baker (1916 Yankees)
CF: Rick Monday (1976 Cubs)
RF: Sam Crawford (1903 Tigers)
SS: Joe Tinker (1903 Cubs)
2B: Johnny Evers (1903 Cubs)
LF: George Stone (1906 Browns)
Pitcher: Pitcher

Pitching Rotation: As listed in the roster with Cullop taking up long relief.

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5) : Set all sliders to 0.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

quote:

Everybody has a price... and for the right price, maybe I can nudge all your younguns closer to their potentials, because holy poo poo do you have a lot of people underperforming their potential.

Better have a bad roll now then in the Super-League proper... although it figures that once I try to not go for older players due to how Collins and Cobb turned out for the Emperors my younger players would underperform. If all else fails I'm just going to create the Million Dollar Super League Championship Belt and call myself a champion. :colbert:

Afterall Money isn't everything. It's the only thing. :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Wow you weren't kidding when you said my teams talent was underperforming. At least I know where to improve. Anyways Put Shawkley in the minors for the duration of his injury and move Urban Shocker to 5th starter. The rest moves up one position.

In addition lets put Bobby Wallace as Shortstop for a month to see whether Mogul likes him better than young Tinker.

Lastly let's try Jorge Orta at 2B instead of Evers.

What would be a good strategy setting for a pitching focused team like mine?

CVE fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 15, 2013

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I'll gladly take a spot on the jury (if one remains) and as reality has shown talent and stuff are not needed anyhow. So instead of looking for historic facts and accuracy, I will judge the entrant for it's entertaining value.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Grinnblade posted:

Million Dollar Men
SP Jake Weimer (Temporary Workforce Reduction) - 35 days
CL Bruce Sutter (Temporary Workforce Reduction) - 65 days
SS Bobby Wallace (Not-so-Temporary Workforce Reduction) - 198 days

What the hell is wrong with you people? Stop getting injured like this again dammit :argh:

Replacements once I know how my team performed the month *sigh*

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Let's have Les Nunamaker be the catcher for a month in order for Downing to regenerate himself.

In addition platoon Frank Chance and Andre Thornton at 1B with Thornton starting to get rid of fatigue.

Urban Shocker moves to 5th starter for Jake Weimar and Jack Taylor moves to 4th starter.

Joe Tinker will have to return to SS due to Bobby WAllaces injury.

Goose Gossage is going to be my closer despite his lack of wins and Cecil Upshaw becomes the Setup in his stead.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Not the greatest month in the world. Slot Jake Weimar back into 5th starter. Urban Shocker moves to Long Relief and Nick Cullop to Middle Relief.

Jimmy Barrett takes up CF for Rick Monday for a month.

Any of the more experienced owner can give me a hand in setting pitching friendly sliders for the strategy?

CVE fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 21, 2013

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Once Bruce Sutter is coming back in 4 days, slot him back as Setup. Cecil Upshaw moves ot middle relief for the mogul generated fill in with the 60+ rating.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Brian Downing goes back to being the catcher for my team and hopefully doesn't injure himself again.

Let the game take care of replacing Home Run Baker for the first week and platoon Crawford/Kelly and Stone/Monday for a month to get rid of fatigue.

Pick'em

I have put in motion ways to make sure both the Unicorns and the Bloggers will make it into the playoffs. Now there is still the possibility of the officials not accepting their "gifts" but I mean when has that ever happened? :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Grinnblade posted:

You do realize this is the last month of the regular season and you're nearly 15 GB, right?

"Resting for a month" is basically "replacing" at this point.

Well Home Run Baker is injured for the first week (7 days of injury left) so that's the only reason for that and if you can tell me that the sore condition won't lead to anything troublesome during this last month then I'll gladly call the platoon off.

Obviously I could totally throw the last month to get a better draft position but that would hardly be sporting even though it would be a move that would make Ted DiBiasi proud.

I would like if someone would go over the needs of the EC teams to get a picture which of my horrible fielders needs to be replaced with a first draft pick etc. Granted this can wait until we got our first deaths and thus the players for the Dispersal Draft.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick'em

Imperialists
Generics

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick 'em

Gauntlet

Imperialists
Oranges

Playoffs

Coburns (5-2)
Landers (7-3)

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick 'em

Luna Landers @ South Bolton Eazy W's 5 games, 4-2
Finger Lakes Phoenixes @ Lombard St. Gumshoes 5 games, 4-1
Coburns @ Fukuoka Finger-Bangers 4 games, 5-1
Rockford Losers @ Cancun Tornados 4 games, 3-1

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick 'em

Burma
Pessimists

Mooseontheloose, I owuld love to see your Dispersal Draft thoughts even if the players in it aren't fixed yet. Getting a third party opinion on my problem zones can only be considered helpful.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick 'em

Burma
Generics

Sorry mooseontheloose I switched you up with mentholmoose. But thanks nevertheless for your input. It basically confirms my suspicions.

As for I why I didn't start Wally Pipp... well he rolled bad and I might have forgotten it :sweatdrop:

CVE fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 7, 2013

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick 'em

Burma and the Generics till the end.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick 'em

Burma and Rochester till the end.

Super Pick'em Turbo: League Championship Edition

Cancun Tornados @ Fukuoka Finger-Bangers - 5 games, 4-1 final
Finger Lakes Phoenixes @ South Bolton Eazy W's - 6 games, 7-3 final

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick 'em

Burma
Hartford

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick 'em

The only possibility that may result in me winning is betting on the unlikely so

Bangers in 6 (8 - 4)

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

The Million Dollar Men sign up to fight for the European Championship (barring no penalties for losing) as well. With enough bribery we may be able to pull off a miracle.

On what page was the draft order?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

The Million Dollar Men pick '05 Nap Lajoie with their first round dispersal draft pick.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I'm basically here and in the IRC the entire time. Just waiting for Pander to pick so that I know what I can get. Already got a favorite so if all things go well I'll be done in a couple of minutes.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

The Million Dollar Men draft with their 2nd round pick and 22nd overall pick '12 Albert Pujols

Mooseontheloose and the Harvard Elites are on the clock.

CVE fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 20, 2013

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Trade accepted.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

The Million Dollar Men draft with their 3rd round Dispersal Draft Pick and 43 overall pick '70 Thurman Munson

Gabriel Pope and the Omaha Forgettables are on the clock.

CVE fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

With the first pick of the 4th round and the 49th overall pick the Million Dollar Men draft Roberto Clemente '64

ScottyJSno and the Lovable Losers are on the clock.