Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DrManiac posted:

Even if you do agree, in what world is it ok for a professional solider to punch a civilian who did nothing to him?
AMERICA. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"Ha ha! Look at these idiots singing a song from "Shrek"!"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

xwonderboyx posted:

Yes, this is how people talk and make insults.
Those third graders are so mean. :(

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DrManiac posted:

But I guess if he did that he couldn't lead her on and gently caress her.
ERROR ERROR CONFLICTING TERMS ILLOGICAL BEEP BOOP REBOOT NEEDED RUN DOOR.EXE

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nckdictator posted:

Shockingly this wasn't from Stromfront
It's like if Frank Miller had a stroke.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Also speaking of music, does anyone have that one story from way back about how this guy totally got his super awesome revenge on his fiancee who cheated on him with her music teacher, and then he hosed the music teacher's wife or girlfriend or whatever and timed it so he walked into him as he was leaving?
Because that's a loving classic, and I didn't see it in the first few pages of the thread.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

jalopybrown posted:

You remember anything more that'll help locate it, I want to hear this one now.
Turns out it's actually a follow up to an E/N thread posted in 2006, which can be found here. The follow-up was posted in 2007, and can be found here. Archives required for both.
The post in question:

Epic Proportions posted:

Revenge is one of the greatest feelings in the world that one can experience. It is considered by most to be a detrimental way of dealing with grief, hurt, or heartache. We have all thought about making the violator pay for committing such an atrocious act upon our fragile emotional makeup. But, these feelings are generally fleeting and often fade as time passes and the heart mends itself. In my case, the wound never healed and so goes my story.

In the recent past I was the victim of an ungodly and horrible act by the one person I thought I could trust, the one person I felt that I would spend the rest of my life with. This was the act of infidelity. But in order to understand the true extent of the situation you must first understand a brief portrayal of past events.

We were some years into our relationship, our sex life was great, we still had that spark of attraction which originally brought us together, and we even went out and experienced the world around us together as a unit. Life was great and was only getting better with the promise of a full life being spent together.

This all came to a crashing halt when she decided to take up musical lessons at a certain local music store. At first I was so excited for her, finally learning the guitar and following that dream of always wanting to play it. I bought her a nice guitar and paid for lessons and she was so happy, we were in so much love.

To keep this portion brief I will go over the events quickly sorted by a downward spiraled order:

1. Notice something is not completely right but brush it off.
2. Catch her in lies; feel hurt, insignificant, and useless.
3. Find evidence of an occurring affair with a certain guitar teacher who is well aware of the girl’s relationship status.
4. Find evidence of girl collaborating with said guitar teacher to sneak around but still keep the relationship looking as if it is fine.
5. Discover you had sex with her mere hours after she had been penetrated by another man.
6. Find more evidence of her finding it all to be a comical event.
7. Feel life as you know it ending
8. Break all ties and start rebuilding from the fragments of your past.

What happened after this little affair? Not too much, she was nothing to him and he shortly left her after we ended our relationship. She begged for me to take her back, made a million different excuses but I never broke. She was ruined; she lost everything, seeped into depression and moved off somewhere else far away from me. She was out of the picture and I felt she had been hurt enough. That is where part two comes in, the revenge on the guy that played along with her. You see, I felt he had not experienced enough pain if any at all and deserved some.

About 2 months ago I saw the guy at a shopping mall and all the cold, bitter feelings of regret, anger, pain and suffering came back to me almost immediately. He was with a girl wearing an engagement ring and they were shopping at the pottery barn. My appearance has changed much since the very time times I met this man but I still kept a low profile, I figured he would only recognize me up close. Observing a bit and biting my lip until it bled, I watched them interact. My initial suspicion was that he was up to it again with someone else’s fiancée and I eventually left the mall but not before realizing he was merely walking her about on her lunch break from the Gap. Duly noted I went home and slept on it all.

A week passed and the mall was calling again. As I was walking past the gap I remembered last week and out of shear curiosity, I went in to have a look. There she was in all of her beautiful dark haired, dark eyed glory. I went up to the counter and asked if she could assist me with a purchase for a friend of mine. She came over and I gave her some small talk about how I was buying something for a friend’s birthday and that I had no idea what the girl would like. Turning on the charm and pointing at her engagement ring, I informed her how lucky her male counterpart must be. She told me how much she loved him and how great he was among other things. Eventually I asked what he did for a living and she replied “He teaches guitar lessons”. Shortly after, I left the store and went home, had a few drinks and realized it really was his fiancée.

The next morning in the shower is when I had maybe the greatest plan on of entire life: Steal that warped mother fucker’s girl right from under him. Only then would my life come full circle and would it be complete. I made the preparations needed and made a willful decision that I was about to ruin two people’s lives. Was this evil and immoral? It certainly was, but if I have learned anything so far it is that I need to look out for myself and in order to move on with my life after all this time, I would need to do this. It became an issue of self-sanity. But, the question was: “Could I pull it off, and how?”

Speaking to various friends and testing out some gems on various girls at bars for a couple weeks had a big pay off for me. I was beginning to formulate a plan in my head on how to go about the biggest, and most hosed up thing I would ever do in my life.

It started on May 3, 2007, I took a chance that she would be working at the Gap and I was correct. I entered and asked “Do you remember me from a few weeks ago?” she replied, “Yeah, you were that guy getting some girl a birthday present”. She remembered me, that was a good sign, I continued on with my small-talk, learning things about her and noting them in my head. I needed to be the perfect guy for her, there needed to be absolutely no doubt in her head that I was really the one and she was making a mistake with her current man. This would take time though and probably many visits to the mall.

I went back 4 days later and wandered in remembering the fact she mentioned that she would be working on that day. I saw her in the back with her little headset on folding jeans. “Hey” I said, “How are you doing?”, “Oh hey dude! Geez you come here a lot!” It went from there and we talked a bit and I found out she was going on break in 30 minutes. I told her we should grab some coffee on her break and she agreed. So it all began.

Our little coffee break enabled me to leave with a cell phone number, and a great detail of the music she enjoyed so I went with that tactic. I looked into some upcoming concerts and found a band she was really into. I purchased two tickets and gave her a phone call: “Hey, it’s me what have you been up too?” she said “Oh not too much just working and waiting for my fiancée to get back into town (bingo). “Oh really? Where did he go?” she went on to explain that his sister was graduating from college in New York and that she was unable to get off work to join him for the ceremony. I went on and said “Well you sound down, would you like to go see ‘Snake Oiler’ at the ‘Frampton Pavilion’ tomorrow night?” I was very thrilled when she said “I didn’t even know they were coming, how would we get in?” I explained that I already had two tickets and one friend had backed out; we set up the pseudo date and I was to pick her up at 7pm the next day from her apartment.

So far I was playing the perfect man role and it was going off without a hitch, opening doors, being completely interested in everything she said, asking the right questions, it was all going perfect. We had some drinks at the show and she might of have a few too many. As I was driving home she mentioned how lonely she was when “Guitar Hero” was gone so I made the offer to let her come hang out and watch a movie at my place and that I would take her home later. She finally accepted with some apprehension and off we went. We arrived at my house and I popped in a copy of “Interview with the Vampire”, about 10 minutes in I offered to make us a couple Gin and Tonics, she accepted and we drank.

As the movie neared its end, her head was lying on my shoulder, we were both a bit tipsy and I felt it was a good time to make my move. I touched her hair a bit and leaned in for a kiss, she met me halfway. The kiss turned into full on making out in under 3 minutes and before I knew it we were holding hands walking to my bedroom.

The sex was excellent; it felt like the biggest batch of victory I have ever acheived in my entire life. We went 3 or 4 times and 2 in the morning then I dropped her back off at home and told her I would call her later. I got home and told my best friends what had happened, they thought it was all very hosed up but at the same time wished me luck in furthering my mission. I called her later that day and was met with a very happy, peppy girl on the other end, it had worked… I had almost stolen her that quickly.

I have never been one to quit while I am ahead and I have always enjoyed beating things completely to death before I let them go. So the plan had changed a bit, I needed to do a few things before I cut the ripcord on this little fling, I wanted… I needed to gently caress her in the same bed she hosed him. But most importantly, I needed to do it when he was in town. We set up plans around her work schedule for the next few visits. I took her out to lunch, dinner, coffee, movies you name it. I was sinking money into this investment with high hopes of a big pay off. But up until this point we would only have sex at my place, this needed to change.

I told her my landlord needed to do some repairs and I needed to get out of the house for a few hours and asked if I could come over. She mentioned that “Guitar Hero” would be out until 9pm and that I could come by if I wanted. So off I went, I entered their apartment and had the weird upside-down room feeling you get when you walk into a strange but familiar place. There on the bookshelf were pictures of her and him standing together in front of the Grand Canyon and then another of them kissing in a photo booth. The oddness of it all gave me a feeling of pure invigoration and wickedness. I did not waste time, I walked over to her and we began to kiss. After several minutes I led her slowly to a naked state, but we were on the couch so something needed to change quickly. As she went for my pants I stood up and signaled her to the hallway. She stood up and guided me to her bedroom. Entering the bedroom gave me another room spinning session, everything started to reach me, I could not believe I was actually pulling this off as planned; it was all almost too easy.

After our first session she went to the bathroom for about 3 minutes. I decided to keep pushing forward and grabbed her digital alarm clock off the side table. It was 8:25pm, “I really should be getting going soon” I thought. But instead I changed the hour to 7:25pm and waited for her to return. She came back and we laid there for awhile just holding each other and staring at the ceiling. After about 30 minutes of this I began kissing her some more, I noticed her check the clock and then come back to making out some more. Her heart was pounding; she was noticeably filled with excitement and uneasiness at the same time. We had sex again beginning at about 7:55PM according to her clock. It went on until about “8:25PM” when a door opened in the living room.

She quickly got up and tried to force me into the closet. Not knowing what to do I simply stood up and yelled “Hey Trevor is that you?” She looked at me in absolute awe and did not understand what was happening. Trevor came running back to the room and got a good look at both of us naked before his jaw dropped completely out of his loving mouth. I grabbed my pants and put them on, then grabbed his right hand and shook it in an up and down motion. I said “Thanks man, enjoy yourself” and I walked out of the apartment and got into my car. I sat there for a minute wondering if he would come out after me or not. Of course, he did not.

I have not heard from either of them since.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

jalopybrown posted:

There's a dress code for comic shops? Have they been laughing at me all along because I'm not wearing jorts and a t-shirt with 'gently caress One More Day? :ohdear:
Hey gently caress you too, buddy.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fathis Munk posted:

E : Yesssssss :
I think it would be pretty funny if in a couple of days someone posted on a brony forum about how they were being oppressed because their boss fired them for giving free drinks to anyone who was wearing a shirt featuring characters from a cartoon designed to sell toys to five year old girls.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ravenkult posted:

This made me irrationally angry and I wanted to share.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201305/confessions-sociopath

Yeah you totally showed her by answering a question some guys asked in an elevator. I bet she had nightmares about that for years.

Also, who wears flip flops to a law firm?
"And then those two hunks called me and we went to that new musical, "Oh Africa, Brave Africa." It was a laugh riot."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

angelfisher posted:

The more transparent the bullshit is, the more notes it gets.

And the whole theater started collapsing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ddinkins112 posted:

I know this is rather par for the course as far as STDH goes, but I wonder why the man of "Middle-Eastern decent" didn't say anything at all to the raving, racist caricature of a customer. Or to his coworker.
Behold: the new White Man's Burden.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Djeser posted:

Troper self-awareness? STDH
I vaguely remember that one, and I think that's actually one of us from the brief SA invasion of TV Tropes a few years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

If this had happened at all (it didn't), the stepmom is pretty loving creepy too.
She just wants step-grandchildren. :smith:

• Locked thread