Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I checked the other thread and couldn't find this anywhere, but I imagine it must've came up in some thread(?)

Anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WsuEHfYfEc

Context if needed: Tony Hibbert has never scored for Everton in 11 years in the side and after more than 300 appearences. Everton recently held a testimonial for him and made an official poster that alluded to a slogan Everton fans have been bringing to matches on banners for a while now: 'If Hibbert scores, we riot.'

Naturally, Tony Hibbert went and scored a freekick in his testimonial. And we rioted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ferguson's wry smile as Shelvey went down the tunnel, in almost shocked respect that some kid had the balls to give him a bollocking was way funnier than Shelvey being a petulant oval office to an old man and one of the greatest managers whom has ever lived because the referee made a bad decision.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Oh Dick what are you doing..

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Not pictured: Gerrard telling the kids to stay where they are while he gets in his car and plays some bowling

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Interesting that Juve are also by far the lowest on that list

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

"Get shut dickhead" - about 5,000 Scouse arlarses in the crowd

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Oh come on this is a purely bullshit graph. Most matches get 3-4 minutes extra time at the end, trying to imply they generally get 25s is loving ludicrous at best. Why did you even post this?

Uh....I will assume that you're obviously joking. But in the very very small chance you're not, the graph is clearly for amount of time MORE than the allotted injury time rather than total injury time....

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4676674/liam-ridgewell-wipes-backside-with-20-pound-notes.html

Shitrag posted:

IT’S a photo that will enrage hard-working football fans across Britain.

West Brom defender Liam Ridgewell, 28, squats over a toilet and wipes his backside with a wad of £20 notes

The article is great, The Sun dubbing him the 'vilest footballer in Britain', literally worse than murderers and rapists. Great Vox Pop quotes also, including the usual 'I wouldn't wipe my arse with a £20 note' from a penniless labourer who of course totally would if he could, a 'Why didn't he think of the children?!' when it was a private snap taken as a gently caress You to a friend he won a bet against.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Love this. Especially the piano rendition of Z Cars.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I hope Rodallega isn't covering a letter and that does in fact say Keep Calm and rear end me the Ball

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I just saw it on the Guardian website and can't stop laughing

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I mean the handwriting looks suspiciously neat for Scouse grafitti but you can't deny the purple wheely bin. I'm torn.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Same reason you would hire a call girl as CEO and then marry her

:lol: I now understand this thanks to that pre-match interview

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

:lol: :lol:

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Xabi posted:

Why the gently caress would he put his head there in the first place?

Why doesn't Sideshow Bob just walk around the loving rakes?!

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I still play Actua Soccer 3 quite a bit for the really cool shooting system with the aftertouch curl, and ISS Pro 98 because it's the best football game ever made.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Another awful/amazing game with an intro to rival FIFA98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ-h6Bs82uY

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I think this is a better Kammy Compilation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtMbjCOQzXw

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

onoflalks posted:

Straighten that out with the tap of a hammer

That's maybe my favourite visual joke ever. Love that show.

I also like the UEFA cup it's a nice trophy. Not many these days I think are that bad tbh

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

:lol: This is outstanding.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

It's official: that terrible badge Everton trademarked a while back is the new club crest:

It looks like a loving Merseyside Blue badge from Pro Evo.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

"Beaten by teams such as...Everton"

Like United.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Isn't Everton actually the club that became Liverpool after they changed their name?

No. We played at Anfield and there was a dispute and so they created Liverpool football club so there'd be someone to play at Anfield.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I KNEW he wasn't dead

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

They've already reached the level of the over 75s priests 5-a-side league. Abandon all hope.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I got 7, failed tracksuit manager, Manchester united whatever, and went for Sensi instead of Sensi WORLD, which was a terrible mistake.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Ultimate Soccer Manager was great for this poo poo. You could even gamble/take bungs.

USM2 was my jam. That game was so far ahead of its time, whole loving side game of building the complex around your stadium, setting up stalls and setting prices on your scarves and poo poo, trying to bung opposition managers, upgrading your stadium stand by stand, allocating your sponsors boards. 7 year old me loved that poo poo.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

It's just one blank sheet with "3 points, this is the most important thing" in huge letters

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

From all my years of playing football in England there are only two phrases you need to know: "time!" And "man on!"

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

JP Money posted:

Why the gently caress would they pick him and not Dempsey?

Hmm tough one.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Hahahahahaha

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Semprini posted:

What they need is both Nakamuras on one team. Shunsuke scoring free-kicks from all over the place, and Shinsuke just Boma Ye-ing the gently caress out of opponents heads.

Like 3 people in this forum will get that.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ninpo posted:

What am I missing?

e: I thought it was the Kone.A but then I found this:

http://www.thedenimkit.com/2012/09/05/arouna-kone-dot-kit/

Spelt Deulofeu's name wrong.

Hmm, should probably refresh before I respond to posts.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

hahahaha

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Better than Aguerooooooooooo

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Xabi posted:

Possibly the best Liverpool player of all time, so no shame in that.

In which Universe

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I remember Liverpool did that 100 player list of their greatest players and the ones who were ahead of him all deserved to be. He was great but not their greatest.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

One of my footballing peeves is when an arsey little midget squares up to a hardman because he knows he won't get punched since it would lead to a red card. Hated it when Nasri tried it with Carragher, Coutinho no different, no matter how good a player he is. Wilshere is terrible for it too.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

It's like three posts up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

:lol:

• Locked thread