Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

I'm going to go ahead and assume Zidane junior will be putting a bunch of poo poo english cloggers to shame in a few year's time, but who were the last father and son to both be properly good players at the top level? The Maldinis? Lampard and son maybe? Kasper Schmeichel is alright as well I suppose but I'm sure there's a really obvious one I'm forgetting

Wasn't Eidur Gudjohnsen subbed on for his father for his first Iceland appearance?

I think Eidur was really young and his dad was ancient, but still.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://twitter.com/jamosfoundation/status/319102300251631617

David James tweeted that he's signing for Icelandic club IBV as player-coach. IBV is apparently located on an island off of Iceland with 4,000 inhabitants. They play here:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wirth1000 posted:

I was reading up on the Bradford City fire and I didn't realize it was televised. This is some really harrowing footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXRp3qzEPiI

Oh my god, that guy on fire at the end :(

I can't believe how quickly the place went up. The whole stand is engulfed in roaring flames in like two minutes.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

mynameisjohn posted:

the most bizarre part is people cheering on the fire while supporters burn in front of them.

Well tbf to them it doesn't seem like anyone is going to be hurt at first. it just looks like a crazy fire. Then burning people start spilling out of the place.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 16, 2013

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wait, what is that they're holding?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/may/30/romanian-goalkeeper-bites-opponent-video

Here is a romanian goalkeeper biting the gently caress out of an opponent and getting punched in the face a bunch of times.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Why is 'for nothing'in parenthesis? its bugging the hell out of me

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

mikewozere posted:

It's a literary device commonly used in the English language.

There is no need to have parentheses there

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hopterque posted:

Do you not understand the joke implied by the parentheses.

I'm really confused, the parentheses are basically the entire point.

Its the same joke whether or not there are parentheses?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That gif is amazing

I usually hate these pictures, but this one is great just because Santi clearly doesn't get it

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 3, 2013

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tetsman posted:

I think the idea is that he's hitting the ground and thus everyone else is blasted off in an anime-like situation.
Arsenal=Anime

I don't think anyone told Santi that

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
EEdit wrong thread

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 8, 2013

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=12f_1371475888

Eboue owns.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Giroud has been wearing a denim shirt in literally every off the field picture of him I've ever seen, and I've seen a fair few.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

Is it denim or just something made to look like denim?

If is actually denim in this case.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lukas Podolski is that guy on your Facebook feed that posts nothing but selfies.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Roman doesn't want visibility, he wants privacy. He doesn't do interviews, blog or tweet. He doesn't appear at red carpet events nor does he hang out with celebs or royalty. That Roman bought Chelsea as a hedge against Putin betraying him ridiculous.

And the guy suggested that Qatar and Abu Dhabi bought football clubs in case things go down between Israel and Iran. He's a complete idiot.

I think the point he was trying to make is that Roman probably was motivated to buy Chelsea at least in part by a desire to get massive amounts of assets out of Russia. An oligarch who's out of Putin's favor in Russia is in a precarious position w/r/t his assets at least. The problem is that he says it was only a political move, and that's obviously not right.

I do agree that buying clubs like PSG, City, and Chelsea were good PR for Qatar, Abu Dabi, and Roman respectively, and I would wager they all considered it in buying their clubs. Let's not forget that Abramovich is shady as gently caress, and it improves his image to be thought of as a guy who throws money at a football team in addition to being thought of as a shady Russian oligarch.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Why in the hell didnt they just give him a different t-shirt?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Paperhouse posted:

Lads out on the pull

Oh David my how you've let me down by buttoning that top button. I thought you were better than this.

edit: hmm looking at this again he has a lot of the shirt unbuttoned, too. I guess he's going for the mid-90's gangster rap look? Been in LA too long imo.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 10, 2013

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

So he's still balding or what, because if those hair implants didn't stick it's the most hilarious thing on earth

Looks like they're still there, but you can't really have a buzz cut with plugs, since they're not going to be as thick as natural hair. Not sure what he was thinking.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Not only is he old but as with most Nigerian players nobody knows their ages for sure as they lie about it when they get to Europe with the aid of the Nigerian FA and government, so the joke is that 9/11/17 might as well be his real birth date for all we know, google it. Or maybe the joke was just that he's old in which case it does not get my "haha" seal of approval as previously conceded.

What's funnier is that he's only listed as 29 now. If someone could dig up a picture of him in his first couple years when he claimed to be 16 or whatever I I would appreciate it for the lols. I couldn't find it with a cursory GIS.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Mash posted:

Best I can do:

As far as I can tell that's the 2003-2004 Inter shirt where he'd turned 19 during the season, according to his wiki date of birth

Oh yes this will do nicely. He looks like he's in his mid to late twenties there.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Breath Ray posted:

If Arsenal go to Indonesia, i want Anelka waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in they rear end

I don't get what you're going for here, Breath Ray.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Fowl posted:

If it was only a fashion accessory then why does everyone automatically pick the Yankees?

Because a lot of famous rappers wear Yankees hats.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tbp posted:

Yeah and Suarez did a horror tackle iirc

ahahahahaha. Please tell me there's a video of this.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie posted:

ahahahahaha. Please tell me there's a video of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifnUtp-42sA

lol, it wasn't even a match. What a loving headcase.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Looks like a decent tackle. Not in a loving training session though.

It (obviously) didn't end up being that bad, but he was high and had his studs up for a second there. He did that weird sweep thing with his trailing leg, too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Breath Ray posted:

Have you considered playing in a park

A park is not a stadium, Breath Ray.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
He's looking quite pudgy, too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Girouds instagram has a disturbing amount of selfies.

Can't blame him. I'd do the same if I looked like that :swoon:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bendtner is a moron.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

I do actually agree with you, if they think the release clause is £40m then offer £40m. The fact that they've added that pound seems really disrespectful to me.

Rumor is that the language of the clause is "over 40m"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

beedeebee posted:

I read that it was some sort of GPS tracking device. I thought: why don't they use that small thing to put in your shoes, Nike+Run or whatever. Makes more sense if it also tracks the heartrate etc. Still looks ridiculous :)

I'm pretty sure they use these GPS thingies because they also track where you go on the pitch so they can analyze it afterwards.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Polidoro posted:

That's more like it

The guardian is saying this is legit.

What are you supposed to call a midget, by the way?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pirlo throws like a girl.

edit: I guess Bonucci was the one throwing like a girl

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
They're saying B as in "Barclay's", like "Barclay's Premier League". See also: Football (death of).

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/367710911563198464BBC Sporf

‏@BBCSporf
BREAKING: Harry Redknapp's twin sister spotted in London. pic.twitter.com/bzOd4JKKZn

edit: also, frimpong owns: https://twitter.com/IAMFRIMPONG26/status/367741367499636737

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bendtner looks loving horrible these days.

• Locked thread