Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Mickolution posted:

Reminds me of a mentally handicapped guy I always see in my local Cineworld. He's always got full kit on, but he also carries 2 or 3 bags for life full of jerseys around with him and seems to change throughout the day. I saw him a while ago in a shop near the cinema with a Maxi shirt on and then again inside 10minutes later with his Shelvy one on.

he's really let himself go since liverpool sacked him at the end of last season :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Anonym: Would you let Alan Pardew and Shola Ameobi double team you?

I dont know what u mean exactly ._. dont forget i m not english ^^

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

the small bart.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmkb_5sNnE

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Weaponized Cum posted:

How Manchester United makes Money:

that's not fair. Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are really good too

if suqit reads this pretend I finished that line with 'for me to poop on'

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Banana Yaya posted:

If you want to stand and pretend you're in Europe in the 70s, every MLS team has a fan club section where you can go and be a poseur and have sing-a-longs and interpretive dance and stuff. Every other section is by default a "sitting section".

I enjoy soccer, I enjoy going to soccer games, but I think the biggest thing holding soccer back in this country is the snobby europoseurs who among other things, think it's their obligation to show American sports fans that they are "doing it wrong"

paint up a tifo during the half time interval of duke nukem doing a murder to them, these eurosnobs will soon take the hint

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

someone edit in the neville southall sarcastic voiceover (you know the one) at the end

reminder that it was I, Wario Pop Thatcher, who first predicted that:

quote:

But then, as becomes clear, this is not really about the inner-workings of a football club, but everything to do with promoting Liverpool in a glossy, Hello! magazine style to a global (particularly American) audience.

Babby Thatcher fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 15, 2012

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

WHY GARY BARLOW OWNED 2012 #Obsessed

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Scienide posted:

God knows what's going on.

sounds like he & idiot son Paul are both as bad at day to day life + maintaining healthy relationships as they are at football management & football, respectively. you'd never see the Hodgsons drop family drama all over their social network of choice.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

T. Mascis posted:

He was hacked and there's nothing wrong with Paul Dalglish's twitter. You're utterly obsessed.

that last post was 100% serious mate. I often spend lots of type thinking about recent Liverpool managers and how they tweet or theoretically would tweet or what it would be like to be Roy, just for one day

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
the best tumblr

http://nonleaguedogs.tumblr.com/

the best loving tumblr on this wretched planet

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

lol football is dead forever. Milan fans making a pac-man banner at a CL quarter-final. MLS is leaking.

mind you maybe they can reclaim noted Italian tifo superstar Wario

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

the sex ghost posted:

"Pele...and those guys" -Alan Shearer on the 1970 Brazil team

someone start badshearerpunditry.txt

every Italy game at Euro 2012 he just talked about Balotelli (he frowns at this point), Buffon and Pirlo ('loves to pass'). By the QFs it was undeniable that he'd never actually heard of the other 20 squad members.

at the 2010 World Cup the pundits & presenter were doing the whole 'Slovakia? is that a real country' bollocks and when Lee Dixon or someone piped up in the vaguest possible terms that he'd 'heard' that Marek Hamsik was 'a useful player' Shearer, as animated as i've ever seen him, was leaping to mock the guy for wasting valuable golfing time doing his job.

I hope he lives a long and fruitful life but then on dying finds out that God is a Catholic God and he's wearing a shirt with 'LENNON 18' on the back and he's mad as hell stroking his beard with rage and he punts Wor Al back down to hell, which coincidentally is a sofa with Mark Lawrenson on it that you can never leave.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

sircozzie posted:

What's the story behind the giant scrotum earlier on in the thread?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
buff bagwell's let himself go

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

Joey Barton is having a bit of a meltdown on Twitter about Jim Royle of the Daily Mail making homophobic comments about him.

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/276329918621696000

(Jim Royle being Martin Samuel)

e: here is the article

lmao look at Neil Wallis' reply. suicide bomb fleet street and dance in the ashes (the guy was a Sun editorial staffer circa The Truth and thinks it's appropriate 'banter' for him of all people to play on scouser stereotypes of any kind)

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Scott Bakula posted:

Martin Samuel somehow got voted best sports journalist of the year a few years ago. Now he's a proper daily mail writer.

wow, that's an award less prestigious than Plymouth Argyle Player of the Year 2011/12

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
always glad to see some sides other than the usual successfully find a fanbase in new markets...

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Jozy Altidore showing his support for the victims of the Newtown. All 26 names were on his shoes.

he knows what it's like to be involved with genuinely terrible shooting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Taff posted:

City have revealed they offered Johnson a severance package pre Xmas and he was released.

He was on 40k a week. Wowzer

I love that within about a fortnight of no longer being contracted he's already taken on mythical "here's a rare sighting of him" status. he's like football's very own Syd Barrett - fat, self-indulgent and retrospectively overrated by middle managers trying to prove they're in touch with the 'soul' of their hobby

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
crossposting this marketing magic:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Chewy Bitems posted:

yeah, particularly when he smiles...

i didn't know Marlon Harewood was Portuguese

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

Football is a gentleman's game played by hooligans. Rugby is a hooligans' game played by rapists who poo poo into pint glasses in student bars.

fixed

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
https://twitter.com/Zonal_Marking/status/328115904950964226

I'd put all the money on none of these twittermen ever having actually played football

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

"it" being?

in the absence of clarification i'm assuming 'dying in a puddle of her own poo poo because her brain exploded'

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
e: missed the modnote up the page

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

NBC is really getting aggressive... NYC subway cars:

death to america

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

be nice wicka posted:

you're an actual italian person, right? not "italian" like your last name ends in I and your mom makes good pasta so you only watch serie a.

you can spend time living in America and still legitimately consider yourself Italian. For example, Giuseppe Rossi,

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

that updated list of things Gary Lineker derives both profit and sexual pleasure from:

- childhood obesity
- slavery

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Adrianics posted:

No idea where else to put this article about the West Ham fan Harry Redknapp plucked out of the stands and put on the pitch in a pre-season game against Oxford. It's loving amazing and awe-inspiring and :unsmith:: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/05/harry-redknapp-played-fan-west-ham

that's a weird article: credits transfers from like 2 years after this incident as happening before Redknapp took over just to fit a 'football was changing, too many foreigners' bit in that comes from nowhere and wasn't remotely true in 1994.

also lmao at

quote:

Turn a lever and English news of the 1990s plays out like a primitive phenakistoscope of tabloid scandal and kiss-and-tells. Thatcher grimaces; topless models, with hair in perms and lips painted red, flash their wares.

when he basically means

quote:

i've got british library members' status

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

Kinnear really isn't all that bright is he lol

he's not likely to refuse a photo with his own son tbh

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
glad to see we've loaned in a designated driver from leeds united to chauffeur our star player around

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

https://twitter.com/PastFootballers

A rare cool and good Twitter account.

Gabriel Batistuta struggling to walk at 43 is loving horrible

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

yeah but that's 2011, there's stories from 2012 where he at least partially confirms that his knees are hosed

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
you never see michael owen and oystertoadfish in the same room. coincidence?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Tim Howard, pictured after bumping his head on the team coach's wing mirror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

He might. In MLS, there have been a couple incidents where a player has gotten suspended and injured at the sametime and his ban wasn't enforced until he was healthy again. Beckham got his 5th yellow and was injured later in the game. He sat out his injury time plus the 1 game for yellow accumulation.

this is perhaps one of the stupidest things ever done by a league

• Locked thread