Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Springheel Jack posted:

Isn't it pinstripe suit if you want to look taller?

if the best footballer in the world wants to look like a whale shark who are we to criticize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

The pass from Özil :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip-u9sfIZvI

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Was Taters posted:

The guy who gets kicked is tougher than I ever want to be.

Seriously, he's all, "Why you kick me in the face, mang, this guy over here's the rear end in a top hat"

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Soylent Green posted:

This happened to me once, although it was hit a little harder, when I wasn't braced for it and I was knocked out cold for a few seconds and then I had to go to hospital with a severe concussion. The difference was I actually got hit in the face, not the hand and dived. If it had clocked him where he claimed it did the pitch would be covered in blood and cerebrospinal fluid.

That's almost exactly the way I got hit a few weeks ago, only it was a hard, blind clearance from a center back I was pressuring and about half the distance.
This is the result, although it took about 10-15 minutes to get like that. Nothing broken, but it hurt like hell.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

The way this is worded makes me think that everyone in Wales knows "Frank the Caretaker". Or that he's Frank, the Caretaker of Wales.

"Alright lad, I'm off to mow the grounds at Powis Castle, then fix that leak on Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. See you after training."

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Jesus CHRIST :stare:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

PlantHead posted:

He had a lot of fun apparently

Every single thing about this is goddamn glorious

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Every single one of those could have been made with a simple chip over the keeper, yet no one did. :wtf:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

JP Money posted:

Did anyone see the new Mercurial commercial??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOvcWuSWSq0

Super, super nice of them to include footage of their newest acquisition. Bale must be so happy (even if he's in black and white only)!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but, uh... Portugal acquired Bale?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

What does Gareth Bale look like.

No, I got that, kudos on the monkey joke (I chuckled, really), only CR's with Portugal there, not Real, hence the question of who acquired whom.

But really, who gives a poo poo

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Scott Bakula posted:

Olivera and Matic's are cool team goals but nothing compares with Zlatan's

You've basically got long-range shots and bicycle kicks, or Zlatan's, which is both. No contest

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Don't forget this one from 2006, foreshadowing 2010 with Lampard's goal being disallowed by a German keeper :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncOu6dp1IY

bonus Robben (with hair) going down, natch

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSKMLo5IPuI

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Reading that tweet I can only assume Zlatan always refers to himself in the third person, and I won't believe otherwise :colbert:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Hegay posted:

Anyone who refers to themselves in third person is insanely uncool and retarded. Thanks.

yet he did in that tweet, and he's neither uncool nor retarded

game, check, and mate :master:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Driven past this place a few times, finally took a couple of pics:

It is a school for gifted children.

And here's where I played this past weekend:

"FIFA Soccer specific turf imported from The Netherlands"

fancy-schmancy :toot:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

ayb posted:

Houston Dutch lions in Conroe Texas?

a-yup

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

ayb posted:

That field is pretty nice. I've reffed twice out there. Who do you play for?

I've played twice out there. It's a drive and a half, but worth it. I play for Aztex, TORSO over-thirty coed rec league. Ever ref for them? I've probably complained about you if you have. :v:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Phil Jones only has one facial expression doesn't he.

he makes Ribery look a handsome lad

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

ayb posted:

Checked my game list but I only did Dutch lions, hurricanes and Bearkats. I've been wanting to play again. What's the skill level on the over 30 coed league? I played in college but my wife is basically a gimp

It's pretty varied, the top division (of four) has some really good players, still amateur but quite a few that played through college or for other high-level club teams in the HFA. The bottom division is pretty poo poo, a lot of the teams have a handful of 60+ year old players who have been playing in the league for many, many years and basically use it as an excuse to get outside. Plenty fun, though, really laid back but still a bit competitive.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

Samson effect incoming

that implies he was good before the haircut, maybe you mean anti-samson effect?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

could watch this all day

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Lol there's only a single black guy in that pic

Wait no there's two

This is like where's waldo

jozy was still injured, had to watch from somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU