Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

MrYenko posted:

The definition of “rust free” often means “there are no aftermarket holes in any of the panels.”

I thought it means that the carpet is only holding the interior together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's like a Ford Probe that was left in the sun

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Hadlock posted:

70s and 80s retro is out, generic lovely jelly beans are back in, baby!

:barf:

The jellybean is the ideal car body

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

It's a little long for my tastes, but it looks really snappy, the interior looks like they couldn't decide what they wanted, but still good and high effort, and mid-$50k sounds really good for a brand new, hybrid electric, dedicated rough-road vehicle

What parts of it are actually bad? Like, that's what the vehicle should cost, are you upset that a company is not gouging enough on one of their more globally important platforms?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Ether Frenzy posted:

That's a pretty long way to go to invent a horse, but less practical and more stressful to ride.

Less stressful for the horse though

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

armpit_enjoyer posted:

We haven't had any slavjank for a good moment so please enjoy this reversed fiat 126p

https://i.imgur.com/usxLGkp.mp4

If you mount the engine backwards, the odometer can't tick up, and all you have to do is turn it back around if you want to sell it

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

StormDrain posted:

Reminds me of this Nash my neighbor was tuning.

I don't normally like the dragster look, but this looks like a happy death, I love it

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah right, my neighbor cranks his built 351 '69 Mustang now and then just to rev it cuz he never drives the drat thing, might as well have the motor on a stand like that cuz all he does make noise lol

Let he is without sin. When my Fiat was waiting on brake parts, it felt good to hear the engine going. I loved getting the revs as high as I felt safe with that old thing, just to know that it wasn't all for nothing

I sold it without a title because of poo poo with the state. It was all for nothing

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know, but it claims to produce torque, so we know it can't actually be a rotary

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Humphreys posted:

I'm very torn on this...

Olympic Mathlete posted:

While I think that R32 is probably the ideal looking Skyline, the fact the lights line up with the flare makes this acceptable stupidity.

Thank you! My brain could not parse what I was seeing in this picture. I almost thought that Ford of Australia had gotten some insane, obscure, licensed production deal and they hosed it up or something

That car is a sin and I somehow get uncanny valley feelings when I look at it, but I have to respect it

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcfVIicLidc

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Enos Cabell posted:

And then that baby grows up and develops an inflation fetish. Wrong thread on that beast.

Definitely wrong thread

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Carteret posted:

I dunno, I've lost any trust in any nav solution that isn't Carplay/AndroidAuto at this point. There's very little excuse for a new vehicle that costs as much as a Rivian to not come so equipped in 2023.

Having tried to use BMW, Toyota, Jeep, Subaru, Porsche, GM, and Nissan proprietary navigation/phone connectivity poo poo, you are 100% right. I thought it was a marketing gimmick until it just worked and now I can never go back to a laggy, unresponsive POS consistently trying to send me to Florida from Chicago every time I search for something without entering an area code

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I still don't like traction control, but I've learned to live with it

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

It really does seem to be dependent on the model and year, I don't understand completely. Our 2022 Civic could start CC from a complete stop and would drive at any speed, at any distance, but our rented 2021(?) Accord would cancel if it went below 10mph

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Mr Lanternfly posted:

Man this was my childhood, going home late at night staring at all the green dash lights. No phone or electronics to distract from it. When I got old enough to drive that 900S I definitely did not appreciate what a cool car it was. Manual transmission and FWD that chirped the tires when you really booted it.

It suffered a sad death when my older sibling inherited it, took it in for service, didn't notice that the mechanic had forgotten to refill the oil, and drove it hundreds of miles until the engine blew up. :smith:

Honda hides it really well in press photos and real life, but the speedometer isn't back-lit like the rest of the gauges cluster. I don't know if it helps because it's next to a bright rear end screen full of distracting information, but they kind of maybe tried

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

joat mon posted:

An influencer working for a Russian (high end) used car dealer.

This is going to sound very negative and I don't mean it that way, but it is legitimately interesting to see things from the perspective of someone who doesn't see anything other than the clout of a vehicle

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Ether Frenzy posted:

I would love if my condo added like 3 of those for the community use. Sometimes you just need too many heavy items to carry them home, and it seems churlish to drive one of your four extremely not-efficient cars 400m to the grocery store.

If we're stuck in a car dominated society, community use electric cars wouldn't be the worst bandaid we could put on things

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

If the sodomizing would just come to me, I wouldn't need a car at all.

:discourse:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Night Danger Moose posted:

My boyfriend and I got engaged and we got a custom ring made. Our Focus STs are what brought us together and they're an important part of both of our lives. Yellow and blue sapphire (my birthstone) with diamonds (his birthstone). Tangerine scream and performance blue.

Congratulations! Will there be burnouts in the ceremony?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Are there ways around the 25 year rule for alternative fuel vehicles? There's hydrogen fill stations relatively close to me

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Darchangel posted:

You haven’t actually seen a Crown, have you?
It’s a “crossover sedan”. It’s every bit as tall as a CUV, because it is, without the “U”. No it’s not as tall as a full-on SUV, but it’s taller than a sedan. Seating position is at least a foot higher than my Crown Victoria.

So like the Accord Crosstour?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

MrOnBicycle posted:

I decided to check r/Tesla and one of the threads started off well but then just devolved into people crying about unions being equal to the mafia.

Well, the teamsters, so therefore...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

The Nissan Com Com, for all of the cassette futurism you could want, including a floppy drive infotainment system

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

See that folks
infinitely higher chance of running into a localized gravity well when canyon jumping your cybertruck

Heavier things fall faster, right? That must be why it didn't get anywhere close to the other side

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know about awesome, but it sure is nifty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s20x8CKkX3o

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Q_res posted:

Well it's a 2-box design, but it's not a hatchback. So?

:can:
How many pillars does it have?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Humphreys posted:

Gotta love the guy using a Bunnings Ute to tow a fucken Cab-Over

"Why won't you buy fleet vehicles? They're so cheap and have detailed maintenance records"

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Don't be so hard on yourself, I can assure you you're far from the only person with a non-functioning RX-7 :buddy:

Not even the only person on this forum

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I like it too

Until i turn it around

those headlights, eurgh

It's so close to being cute. I don't know how to fix it, but I know it's wrong

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

This beats the hell out of a tractor pull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytKzWZp__Gs

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Basically everything unrelated to the suspension, steering, and drivetrain on the Stratos was pulled out of the FIAT parts bin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Unfortunately GM could never be that based