Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Finger Prince posted:

this guy is having such a good time and making everyone so happy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m85rEcFliJU

Are Isetta's 2 stroke? If not goddamn that thing is smoky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Gomi Day posted:

render aside, this looks rad AF and i would drive it everywhere were it real.

it's like a reverse mullet, party in the front and business in the back

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

back when the harlequins came out i thought they were the tackiest and ugliest things and they've slowly grown on me over the years and now I loving love them

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

really loving wish they'd stop making everything a touchscreen, i'd be cool if it wasn't for the tablet in the middle of an 80's styled car

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Powershift posted:

Yeah, should be a CRT

nah, just manual tactile controls. touchscreens are loving stupid in a car when you can't look at them.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

This is awesome car adjacent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqJvjUNlRA

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

those themed bikes/costumes are always cool but i can't imagine doing more than like 30 on one. especially cause that looks like a hard tail and springers. i can't really tell from the grainy pic either but i don't think that's a v-twin so weird engine choice too

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Powershift posted:

mmmmm, recursive murals

i thought this was the awful thread and was about to dunk on you for posting it there and then I realized you did the right thing cause this loving rules.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Why does that look like there's an exhaust on the motor?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Powershift posted:

It draws fresh air in to cool the motor.

Ok, that was my other thought if it wasn't an exhaust.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I don't even like riding in the rain on something that doesn't have offroad tires. The off ramp to my house has this metal expansion thing that goes across the whole lane in the middle of the turn and the one time I got caught in a storm on my bike, as soon as I hit that piece of metal with my rear, I did damned near a 180. This was while I was already going slow as gently caress.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mister Speaker posted:

I know I've said this before, but if you ever have the chance to witness a Monster Truck Rally, TAKE IT. It's some of the most fun I've ever had seated in an arena. The entire 'sport' is designed for 10-year-old boys and their Dads, but it's a riot. Non-stop entertainment.

We're taking my stepdaughter and niece to one next month.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Uthor posted:

Oh, gently caress, nostalgia button pressed. Was that theme called "hotdog" or something?

yup it was hotdog

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I tweeted to Richard that I was cancelling my Patreon because of him being a dipshit and he straight up told me to gently caress off so I have no problem no longer supporting them in anyway. I'll eat a probe for this but Binky is no longer awesome car stuff even if it has been going on for like 10 years now, I'm done with it. Nik is an enabler for not telling him to gently caress off since he's the only one doing social media.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 21, 2021

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Humphreys posted:

I've spent a lot of years thinking about watching it and chickening out. Maybe this weekend is the time. Now in 4K (if it exists)! Of all the Wachowski films... it sure cannot be worse than Matrix 4.

You’re gonna bash a decent enough movie when matrix 2 & 3 are right there?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WlBBVPMJo

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

for some reason i can see that being MR like one of those mad Peugeots

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

It’s like a baby killdozer

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

MrYenko posted:

One of the prime directives of a car guy is to respect someone who puts proper effort into the car they love.

Even if it’s a Trabant.

Especially if it’s a Trabant.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BRING BACK THE TURBONIQUE DRAG AXLE!!!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

VideoGameVet posted:

Spotted at Miramar Lake (San Diego) last weekend:

Trivia: President Lyndon Johnson used tom prank visitors to his ranch with one of these:

The President, with [White House secretary] Vicky McCammon in the seat alongside him and me in the back, was now driving around in a small blue car with the top down. We reached a steep incline at the edge of the lake and the car started rolling rapidly toward the water. The President shouted, "The brakes don’t work! The brakes won’t hold! We’re going in! We’re going under!" The car splashed into the water. I started to get out. Just then the car leveled and I realized we were in a Amphicar. The President laughed. As we putted along the lake then (and throughout the evening), he teased me. "Vicky, did you see what Joe did? He didn’t give a drat about his President. He just wanted to save his own skin and get out of the car." Then he’d roar.

I haven't seen it in a while now but the owner of a tattoo shop near me has/had one of them that he would park outside the shop.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

PBCrunch posted:

Lots of snowmobiles are two-stroke. A rotary is two-stroke. Makes sense to me.

The two strokes of a rotary are Boost In>Seals Out

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

next ya'll are gonna say you don't know what goatse is and be shocked and appalled by that

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Rhyno posted:

Why are we in the wrong timeline? This sucks.

Some people want to go back in time to kill Hitler, I want to do it to make all of the cars real.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That bangs very, very hard.

Similarly rad:

This thing is totally a gently caress wagon.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

My very first car was a 2 door, manual, turbo 240 and I’ll be damned if it still isn’t my most favorite car I’ve owned. Thing sounded sick as hell when the downpipe broke off the back of the turbo.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

NoWake posted:

It hit 65 degrees here and all the contraptions are coming out! This one sounded like a 1600cc Beetle taking off when the light turned green

(The one above this looks a lot better)

Seeing straight ahead is overrated, what you need in a trike is just the sky.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

MetaJew posted:

My wife wants to put Ronal Bear wheels on her Model Y. I don't disagree with her taste, but Bear aerodiscs would be better for range...

It's a good thing Rotiform is very expensive or I would be tempted to suggest. this.

I don't think you could even get OG Bears on a Y. IIRC they only come in a 4 bolt pattern.

Plus I'm not sure you'd want a 15" rim with that car.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

The real Ronals are really hard to find now anyway. I went looking on Ebay and there was one set from Lithuania for $1100 and they weren't in the greatest shape.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I've always wonder how well those wheels are balanced from the factory or if you have to throw like a couple pounds worth of weights on them

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

tuo posted:

Have you ever had the chance to sit in a Countach? Or look into an LMP1 car? While I never had the chance to sit in the later, I once had the chance to drive the former, and let me tell you…the car was not designed for people with legs.

The Countach is definitely a "don't meet your heroes" kinda car.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

McTinkerson posted:

I think AB:AI needs to collectively take a trip down to Piaggio's Canadian Ape dealer in Calgary.

https://apecanada.com/

Yes, of all of the places to set up your national HQ, Piaggio chose Calgary, Alberta.

that website is terrible, which kinda fits in with an Italian car manufacturer

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

AirRaid posted:

Saw this pair earlier. Debated which thread to post these in but they didn’t seem hugely awful despite initial impressions.

The first wing might be a bit much but they're both still fairly tasteful and restrained from the truly awful stuff.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i highly doubt that car is going to see the speeds where a wing like that is going to provide any measurable downforce either as 2d or 3d so it literally is just for style, aka like half the poo poo done to drift cars

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Annoying and also gets a lot of what should be basic facts wrong a lot that should be easily verifiable before the script is completed. Feel like achannel that has otherwise high production values should really be able to do better in that regard

Yeah, it's the official Haggerty channel. They out of like everyone else should have their poo poo straight.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Doesn't Benny from the MCM extended universe have one of these?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BigPaddy posted:

He has a Cresta which was fitted with a turbo Barra that runs 7 second quarter miles. Look up Benny’s Custom Works for his own YouTube channel.

Yeah I know that, I watch his channel. I'm just asking cause I forget if he has one of these too.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

drat, wood frame, partial interior and no drivetrain. Looks really fuckin rad but I highly doubt an AMC wood frame is something you'd want to try to work with.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Not a fan of that rear end but the rest of it looks nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I can't tell if it's just the way the recording is but it looks like he has like 6" of track on each side of the car at most too.