Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Blinken posted:

The most dangerous thing in the world is when you start feeling like your current cars are too dependable and rust free so you start looking around the web for "inspiration".

What model car is this? I know it is a Toyota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

ChlamydiaJones posted:

I find this awesome because I'd always wondered why there were chains hanging underneath the rear differential of vehicles like school buses and other trucks. I assume that you guys already know this but just in case someone doesn't I think the answer should be shared. The engineering is straightforward but the thought process that came up with the idea in the first place just kills me. Makes me feel like a completely uncreative idiot. I had to actually see it in action to understand what the hell was going on.

Gentlefolk I present you with; the RUD ROTOGRIP Fahrzeugintegration;

Here it is in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2la-N1OoPg

That's absolutely brilliant. I had no clue what they were for. I wonder if this can be applied to regular cars.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

rscott posted:

I think they're the most coherent youtube comments I've ever seen

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

jonathan posted:

The Veyron is neat because it's a 1000hp car with a factory warranty.

From a performance standpoint it's a top speed monster but the weight keeps it from being great anywhere else.
Yeah even with all that CF. I wonder what makes up most of the weight? The engine?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Gunbus posted:

Some times we get neat things at work. I never realized that these have a radiator and pump system just for the diff. First one I have been able to get up close to.

CLK63 Black? One of my alltime favorite AMG models.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

kastein posted:

Agreed, I usually let truckers go if it's not going to completely destroy the flow of traffic. I got road raged pretty hard last year when I let a trucker into my lane (3-2 merge/zipper in rush hour in a construction zone, he'd been stuck for a while because no one was letting him in) - the guy in the luxobarge behind me flipped out, started honking and flipping me off, etc. He passed me and brake-checked me the second we got out of the construction zone, fortunately I saw that coming so I had already downshifted and hit the brakes... then he threw his dunkies coffee out the window at me.

I was driving a beat up rusty truck with a cracked windshield and a quarter inch thick layer of mud, so I swerved, caught it on the hood, and waved. For some reason he didn't think that was quite as funny as I did.

i always let trucks in because I know driving a truck is difficult and a lot of people are assholes to truckers. It pisses off people behind me but I don't care.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

Hey, at least she's not like my friend's cousin, who told us all at dinner once, in no uncertain terms, that if her would-be-fiancé didn't get her a diamond worth at least three months' salary she would leave him on the spot. That would be around twenty thousand dollars for the poor guy (not in attendance that night) she was dating at the time. Because anything less than that would show that he didn't respect her, you see.

(Unless $4k IS three months' salary for you, in which case, I truly admire your commitment to this girl)

So he left her right? Cause ultimatums are not good ways to start marriages.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Can any of you ID this car?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

b0nes fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 10, 2013

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
2 DeLoreans in one shot. 2nd one is 4 cars down. The one next to me sounded like utter poo poo.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

TKIY posted:

Not exactly what I expected to see in the parking lot at my local Costco here in Winnipeg:

Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible.

I've seen Rolls Royces at my local 99 cents store.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

I hear the dad actually got arrested over this.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

I would totally do this.

Good luck explaining that poo poo to the officer if you get pulled over.
You're asking to get arrested.

This isn't a stock photo, it is a photo in Autotrader. I wish I could photograph cars like this.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Volkswagen Vanagon Syncro with a Porsche V8 swapped in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Not sure where to post this but Amazon has a wireless ODB II scanner for under $8. I paid a lot more for mine.
http://www.amazon.com/ELM-Bluetooth...keywords=elm327