Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Das Volk posted:

:lol: at the $150 aftermarket deck

McIntosh or go home for a stereo in a Rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
I got to go for a ride in a pretty neat F40 a few weeks ago. Thought I would post few pics.. I do not have driving video because, um, possibly not street legal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
It took about a week to get all my hearing back. Any ear damage was worth it though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I present to you an RB26 Powered commodore that achieved a power record at Summernats Yesterday. Text and image stolen from facebook:
"The outright Haltech Horsepower Heroes record has been broken by a six cylinder. 2504.3hp or 1867.5kW!

This incredible machine was put together by the team at Maatouks Racing and uses a Haltech Nexus R5 to control the incredible Nissan RB engine.

This car now owns both the outright competition record, the six cylinder record, and the record for the biggest cheer from the packed crowd in the MPW Dyno Pavilion."

That is awesome. I suppose everything is bespoke and not stock on something like this? I can't imagine a stock block can take this much boost without huge reinforcements or the block has been CNC milled out of some harder alloyed iron.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The V Drive was really cool and weird. Here's a decent article on it, including the patent and how it works.

https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-articles/the_vemco_v-drive_system/

I still can't believe it took 40 years for someone to look at a boat V drive system and try it in a car or truck in a RWD, FWD, or 4WD config.