Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Shrapnig posted:

It's like the guys in Letterkenny but in real life.

Pin ‘er! What the dick!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kimbo305 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKbVQEBuemQ
Dunno how he's running a British plate in NC, but living right in the middle of the Blue Ridge with that must be awesome.

drat that was a good one. The choice of music was a total 180 from the insane sound of the car. Loved it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

hackbunny posted:

Who can tell me (without cheating) what car is this?

Audi Sport Quattro Prototype

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

You’re all dirty vans! But I happen to like dirty vans so :shrug:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

LARGE CANVAS SACK

HOLE FOR HEAD

GROMMETS

Some great selling points there.

I have goats. These are indeed bonuses.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I....... kinda like this. UK heads will know what the back end is.

Tigra?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Did somebody say lowered wagons?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

El Laucha posted:

As someone looking to buy a Forester after having a Wrx, I like this combo.

Unfortunately I’ll have to be selling one of my FXT’s, most likely this one, but I really do like the way this one is set up.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Wrar posted:

Is it manual?

The champagne one isn’t but my other one is, which is really the only reason I’d sell this one over my other one. It’s substantially faster than my manual one and I actually drive it more often because it’s hilarious; makes around 300awhp and external wastegate vented to atmosphere gives me the giggles. I am constantly on the fence though, and I’d sell the other one if it came down to someone wanting it more.

This is the other one. Stock height and slower than the champagne one, but other than the surface rust on the front fenders that just started this winter it’s super clean. Interior looks brand new and it’s a Limited so it has the heated leather/heated windshield/massive sunroof (although so is the other one)

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 5, 2018

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

McTinkerson posted:

Sam Smith from Road & Track was at Ebisu a couple days ago. His Instagram posts belong here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkEX0NmggkB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=tdvsezjana2x

Edit: One more https://www.instagram.com/p/BkEa6oHgi8h/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1thp08bdx7ltc

There are more, I just didn't link them.

The first one I was like oh those look like Ram vans. But then I thought, how many of those could there be in Japan? The answer apparently is quite a few, all of which are drift-ready and I love it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Total combined in my fleet: 32,700 plus whatever the hell the MadAss is.

WRX: 6700
FXT: 6500
MINI: 6500
Suburban: 4000 (lol)
DR350: 9000
MadAss: Who cares? Just keep it in gear till you hear the limiter then slam it into the next one.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

sold it for like 30 years.

One more again?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Phy posted:

If you used Celsius like the entire rest of the world, it would have been 2.22222222222°C

This might be the single best post in this forum. I nominate this man for something.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Fifty Three posted:

I don't doubt it, but how can you tell?

Because it’s a Liberty

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Thief posted:

they're getting rarer so even seeing one that appears to be running smooth enough to daily is enough to get me psyched

I just made a deal with a guy on a new project car and when I went to meet up with him he was driving a 240sx that was completely stock and rust-free. I couldn’t have been more surprised if he was riding an elephant.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Ok, you have my attention. What's the movie?

Requiem For A Dream

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Memento posted:

Well it's a Suzuki Escudo, right? Basically the same? They've got a solid history of having insane engines stuffed into them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAy_ceZ1WYg

Suzuki Samurai, not Escudo

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

donut posted:

That's a Geo Tracker/Suzuki Sidekick, which is a first gen Escudo. Which is what the fairing on the Pikes Peak car ostensibly resembles.

Ah yeah you’re right. I forgot the tracker was the sidekick and not the samurai.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

fridge corn posted:

Back together and back on the road. This is an insanely fun little car.

Nice Fiero

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

fridge corn posted:

It's actually a US-spec car so he might be right about Fiero

Nice FC

Callback

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

TotalLossBrain posted:

Don't most states do this? Washington State calls it "use tax" and it happens to be very close to the sales tax rate.

PA definitely does this and it’s horse poo poo. Why the gently caress should a 20 year old Mazda 626 still draw sales tax on its ninth owner?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, I know. At least in our state you can write "gift" for the price on the title and not be taxed. They only basically ask what your relationship is.

But boy they don't like refunding license plate fees/taxes.

In PA they don’t even ask anymore about the relationship if you say gift, but you have to find a seller/buyer who is willing to go along. Just abolish the tax; most people skirt it somehow.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

IOwnCalculus posted:

Mustangs and Mustaints

Mustangs and Mustaines. No Hetfields allowed.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I have several layers of questions

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

MetaJew posted:

You might say he's a Slav fashion.

Sooooooo close

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Hey buddy. Next time I’m over there we have things to discuss. Like how this makes me feel inside.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Powershift posted:

e: GM sold a 4 door SUV based on the mid 60s pickup called the Veraneio until 1989 :psyduck:

My uncle had one of these when I was a kid in Brasil and we walked it “Jumbo”. It was absolutely the biggest vehicle on the road in Curitiba, land of tiny cars.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Suburban Dad posted:

Toyota mr2? I like the 2nd gen bubblier ones. 92 was the start of the FD rx7, so close.

MX5 definitely goes on that list as well.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Darchangel posted:

Does this count as awesome?:

Felix the rotor.

Old School

Roatry13B1.com had a sale, so I finally bought myself a Felix for 1/2 price (they were out of the even larger one already) and a keychain for my '79. The "BRAP BRAP" key tag and sticker were bonuses added by the company. Sweet!

Well thanks to you I just ordered a Felix and four t-shirts.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Got the go-kart out for the first time in a few months today. After taking a while to start and warm up, we remembered how much we love it. 12hp modified predator with a Mikuni. When it’s fully warmed up it will hit 45 in the driveway, according to the GoPro.

Needless to say my son didn’t want to get off the thing.

https://i.imgur.com/e9Maywn.mp4

Edit: now with sound

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 23, 2020

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Suburban Dad posted:

New binky is up and oh boy did they get me real good. I was pissed at the engine choice all through the episode :v:

I told my wife I was done watching them if they were really going NA.

Crisis averted

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Manual transmission with hill hold, heated seats / mirrors and CarPlay are my favorites in my current new car. The push button start and proximity key are also nice though. Definitely make life easier when your pockets are jammed with poo poo

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

My uncle had one of these when I was a little kid and in Brazil huge cars are relatively uncommon, so its nickname was Jumbo

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Personally I like it way better than the current bloated Blazer looks, that sort-of retro style really fits & the stance isn't too high or wide either

Big blazer best blazer

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Tread on the tires, good to go.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Pretty sure the spyder has the only running RX7's at the moment :v:

Woah woah woah I have a running FB! I’ve been in the rotary game for over two decades and through six RX7’s, I love having them around.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 1, 2020

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Diametunim posted:

God drat. If I could have even half of that guys automotive and engineering knowledge beamed into my head I would be so happy.

Why would you want to build a Ferrari I6?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Jesus Christ the paint job in the latest Binky is mad.

The roof was impressive in and of itself, but then they showed the finished stripes and I was floored. Even my wife stopped what she was doing and ogled.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Echoing the sentiment that I would buy an S660 TODAY if Honda had them in the US. Unfortunately people like us are in the minority and they’d never have a big enough market. Hell, I want to buy a Beat, if I can find one I really like I’ll jump on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Suburban Dad posted:

And the fact that most people like "you" really mean "I'd buy one...used." (Not calling you guys out specifically, just saying in general) Cheap enough that it may be better in this case maybe but every time I see that about wagons or whatever model-usa-doesn't-get it's always the same. It comes here, sells like garbage then exits the market again. Most car enthusiasts just don't buy new but love to act like they do online. :lol:

Can't blame anybody. Cars are too drat expensive. I have no illusions that I'm going to buy new for some time though.

I totally get and agree with your point in general but I literally mean right now. In cash. With a smile on my face the whole way home and every other time I drove it until the eventual heat death of the universe.

And yes I know I’m infamous for changing cars like people change underwear but to my credit I’ve kept my current Si that I bought new for over two years, and my EP3 and S2000 are almost that long in the fleet as well.