Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

CharlesM posted:

The Mercury Cougar had sequential turn signals. The early units had a motorized switch (relay?) and were a bit problematic.

I have repaired said relay on a '67...when it works it looks incredible. When it doesn't...well fixing it really isn't that hard with some patience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Skipopatomus posted:

This video is terrible and involves a car but the car is not what makes it terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yfjBO6PXJY

Brown Deer Road sounds like Milwaukee to me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Mister Kingdom posted:

Go Chariot or go home.

Go Mobile or go home :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

blk posted:

ai.jpg

In this thread because safety

Was it a crash and the pickup's driver just didn't notice?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Motronic posted:

Whoops....

It's worse when you get a subcompact wedged in the calipers...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Ferremit posted:

Apart from the drivers fear induced poo poo, i wonder what that yellow stain on the rock is?

Probably hydraulic fluid

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Am I a bad person for wanting this?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

I've never seen tribal piercings on a car before...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Das Volk posted:

I'm not usually one to borrow from Reddit, but HOLY poo poo

Was it intentionally slammed or did all four wheels simply vanish as it was traveling at a 130mph and it just skidded to a stop? :iiam:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

iForge posted:

Way too many of these driving around this area....

I see these in Berkeley constantly...also I just saw my first PT Cruiser convertible...with the top down. I could not stop laughing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Geirskogul posted:

Guys.

Guys.

This is the one. This, I think, may top Bondo-Saturn (a true epic in and of itself):

http://imgur.com/a/qWB7J

This is a 'Where's Waldo?' of terrible. :tinfoil:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That Jeep is only allowed to be owned by dragons. :smaug:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Cruseydr posted:

This is a real prowler:

At first glance I thought it had psoriasis.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8GOBFG2dkY

Yeah it's farm equipment, but hustling along a highway in the rain....

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Paul Boz_ posted:

This happens all across America from farms in Georgia to California. I've seen an extremely similar piece of equipment on a freeway in Kentucky when on business for example. They have to move them from farm to farm somehow.

Growing up in rural Wisconsin I saw things like this all the time, but doing this on a Russian road, in the rain, at 60mph or so is just asking for catastrophe. (Did I mention RUSSIAN road?)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Paul Boz_ posted:

Sorry man but I'm from Louisiana where people have gotten DUI's on tractors and where I've seen sugar cane tractors rolling at 40+ on tight backroads(look at the teeth on this fucker).

This with tires and marginally more ground clearance:

Louisiana, Russia, about the same when it comes to driving quality.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Carteret posted:

It's only going 31mph :ssh:

I refuse to believe that someone would not use imperial units. The Tsar would not have stood for it! :colbert:

:cripes: I am dumb.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Berkeley California...

(Note the Punker/Metalhead jacket studs inlaid around the license plate frame :rock:...'Vote for Pedro' sticker for extra :ughh:)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
There is a lovely looking Morgan that's parked about a block from my apartment. I'll try to get a picture of it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Cakefool posted:

This could be partly redeemed with unit markings, brush guards over the lights, those fake bead lockers kastein linked earlier, whip aerials and smoke launchers.

Partly.

And a turret...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

That makes it all better.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I tend to give art cars a pass. Generally because they are usually batshit insane.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

CommieGIR posted:

....then what the gently caress is it?

A series of horrible decisions.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The last sentence of step 7 is special :allears:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bring Back Noid posted:

Yeah, I dunno... this is pretty baller. If it had some lovely 3d rendered cones and spheres, and maybe a cylinder it'd complete the High School Mathbook transformation.

Things I will never understand:

I hate my suspension and wish to destroy it as expensively as possible?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I liked James May's take on the pushme-pullyu car the best.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Everyday Lurker posted:

Is this where I can post terrible redneck-rigged car stuff that's sure to cause serious injury and/or death?

:nws: disclaimer because Liveleak: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e07_1385591320 :nws:

:gonk:

Nothing else will suffice.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

kastein posted:

I guess if you are afraid of that you probably aren't the target market. There aren't really any bubblewrapped-world ways of splitting firewood, they all involve extreme force, hard work, and/or swinging/turning heavy pointy things.

I would prefer the usual splitting maul or hydraulic ram log splitter but would use that if I needed to.

e: and I am pretty sure that is a product that is actually for sale, not some rigged up bullshit. I have seen it around a few times.

Here's the website for one maker: http://www.thestickler.com/index.html

It's the leg lean that got me. I have a cousin who lost their leg from a grain auger.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Did Lucas really wire cars with silly string or was it weaker than that?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Belerus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpyGe6bcSe4

Yes it is awesome not terrible

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
It's creative repair work I guess...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I feel like I should be doing lines of coke off that car's rear end....It is not a good feeling.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

triple clutcher posted:

all my speeding tickets were received while driving a 1993 Ford Tempo. :smugbert:

It was also the only car I owned in which I was able to peg the ( 85mph ) speedometer. Ah, to be 18 and retarded again.

1972 Datsun 610 Station Wagon :smugbert: :smugbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Soviet/Russian Concept cars...

http://englishrussia.com/2014/01/26/soviet-concept-cars/#more-137210

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Cacafuego posted:

So that's how new cars are made!

When the Concorde loves the Mach V very much...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Slavvy posted:

I wonder what the red covers behind the wheels are/are made of.

Despair.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

xzzy posted:

So what kind of side impact rating does packing tape come with?

Depends if they used bubble-wrap too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoAD3kUmN9s

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Snowdens Secret posted:

Here's problems with the supercar theory:

- With the exception of the Bugatti and the Audi, all of those huge grills are below the bumper line, meaning if you're over four feet tall and not lying on the ground to take a glamor shot, you won't see them.

- Again excepting Bugatti, those are short and wide. It's the height that most people find offensive. Tall grills don't look like short wide grills, the ratios are all wrong.

- The Audi wears a corporate grill that was on the regular cars first, not vice versa. One could say the same of the Vipers.

- The Bugatti tombstone is supposed to be a throwback to their classic cars

- I've never heard anyone say the Bugatti 'looks good'

If anything, the supercars (especially the Lambo) are styled to look like jet fighters, and that definitely doesn't carry over to mainstream cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

It's like magic...:allears: