Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I wonder why he had trouble siphoning all the gas. Can you even siphon with modern evap systems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Krakkles posted:

According to a quick google, fuel is on average $1.19 (CAD) / liter. 100L tank, be generous, it might have been $150 worth of fuel.

gently caress, what a dumb mistake. I feel a little bad because ... uh, that dude definitely ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, just based on his posting on Reddit.

I mean there is the bitcoin poo poo but there's also a few clumsy troll posts. Although I don't see why you'd go and re-post a troll post in a different legal advice forum. :shrug:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOZ-uajfNE

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

The replies are the best part of this.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Mishap reel from a few years of the Portland microcar meetup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4QZuxab4LI

My favourite is the weird DIY Cozy Coupe that won't turn the steering wheel if a passenger is sitting in it, with a runner-up award going to the Isetta just barely tucked into the bed of a stock-height pickup truck.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 24, 2019

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I've bought very few used cars where I didn't have to replace at least one of the lug nuts. Can't imagine doing that on a new car.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
We went on a field trip in elementary school and the charter bus driver ended up getting impatient waiting for a traffic jam and ended up misjudging the length of his bus and getting it trapped under the wigwag arms at a level crossing.

Luckily, he got the front end right, so the train went past with like a few inches to spare in front of the bus.

Everyone was pretty pissed.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Montana is a weird shithole for sure, but it's an interesting one. I'd love to read that effortpost when you get around to making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

This is much better than I could have done.