Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That is 90s as gently caress and I would drive that if the interior wasn't trashed, which it looks like from the first photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
They're like paddle boat wheels Jesus Christ :psyduck:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

I passed this person as soon as I possibly could

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

You should get that engine checked out.

That's the service indicator display that I did not bother to reset after I did the timing belt and water pump

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Slavvy posted:

The similarity to consumer electronics is intentional. BMW are rapidly positioning themselves as the Apple of vehicle products.

it's biggest fans are stuck in the 80s and/or early 90s?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

The Midniter posted:

I also hate the fact that they've gotten away from the [X series][Y.Z displacement] numbering scheme, so a 328 doesn't necessarily have a 2.8L engine. I don't know why it bothers me but it really does.

My 86 325e has a 2.7l engine, they've been doing that for a long time. See also the e32 745i

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
china don't give a gently caress about your copywrite laws

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

CarForumPoster posted:

I hope you don't really think this.

Basically this: http://www.businessinsider.com/jony-ive-calls-design-copies-theft-2014-10

As an engineer who has worked in R&D, the idea that I could spend months or years designing something for it to be ripped off and profited on by a person who doesn't own the IP to it is angering. There's a reason a copyright clause exists in the constitution and it is because rewarding innovators in our society is very VERY important to it's progression.

literally every single industrial society except for the first (and even then Henry VIII importing flemish wool weavers in the 15th century is the start of crap like this) got its start from stealing technology from someone else, I mean gently caress, we stole the steam engine from the british

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

MrChips posted:

Welp now I'm going to call E32s "Sandcrawlers".

suddenly my irrational desire for old bmws makes sense

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Of course the guy in the BMW is using the bike lane to turn right

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

jammyozzy posted:

Hah, we have to raise the reimbursement form in SAP and then print it out, sign it, staple all the receipts to it, carry it upstairs and hand it to finance who will go back into SAP to approve/deny the claim. For reasons nobody knows the form gets 'Simulation' printed across the top when you print it.

There's an obscure box checked somewhere in the configuration settings for that report

i have no personal experience with SAP but every ERP suite is a pile of poo poo like this

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

quote:

It is built on a 1988 Pontiac Fiero with the Iron Duke I-4 mid-engine and has an Automatic transmission.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Slavvy posted:

The fact that the version that was the best in relation to contemporary japanese cars, the v6, was auto only is just really depressing and GM to the hilt.

There was a 5 speed offered for the V6, they used a copy of the getrag 282

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

SaNChEzZ posted:

My 83 supra's 2.8L inline 6 makes 152hp on a good day :(

My 86 eta makes 128HP stock

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I drive a car made in 1986 so let me, the cold weather time traveler, tell you how grandpa did things when he was driving uphill both ways in that roaring blizzard of '93

mostly it's very careful application of throttle (not too many speed demons from the 80s so this isn't as big of a problem as you'd think), taking advantage of my expansive greenhouse to be very mindful of what drivers are doing around me and cursing sealed beam headlights for throwing almost no light - this is legit the only thing I can't believe people did without, how the gently caress did we not all die from driving into things in the road that we couldn't see?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Slavvy posted:

On the other hand, Jatcos found in early 90's BMW's somehow manage to be even more fragile than the usual ZF units.

IDK about the 4 cylinders but the 4 HP 22 is pretty bullproof as long as you don't rev it in park or neutral for a long time and was used in tons of poo poo known to be reliable like volvo 740s

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Isn't there a giant interchange in Africa or something where they switch what side you're driving on as you cross the border?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I'd think the valve stems would go before the tires did most of the time

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
the size of your pictures sure is terrible stuff

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
They just gotta have that late 90s GM interior build quality

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

This is a pro post
e: kinda the other way around, American engineering and Italian build quality, so of course the thing caught fire and burned down in the end

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

I still remember the last time the roads were iced on a work day:

:v: The roads sure suck today.
:classiclol: Snow doesn't bother my Subura one bit, it has all wheel drive!
:v: But what about stopping?
:classiclol: It has all wheel brakes too dumbass!

*flies off the onramp from kellogg to 135*

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah its called going into siege mode, you lose movement speed but you gain a ton of armor and you can shoot artillery a long way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

Why the hell can't they just hook a flow meter into the fuel rail like sane people

Because you still aren't correcting for environmental factors