Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

A classy RR owner

Only registered members can see post attachments!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Poing posted:

If I remember the story correctly, it's a guy who owns a Hyundai dealership (or maybe a few, I forget) and is paying tribute to how he made his money.

I thought it was Will Smith's car

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Previa_fun posted:

:stare: is that going to charge at idle? What I mean is: don't alternators generally need ~2000RPM to start charging?
You're thinking of generators. Alternators can charge at idle

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DefaultPeanut posted:

There are plenty of those here for peanuts. Business opportunity?

The first gen Mustang market is huge in Australia. I knew a dude who made a fair amount of coin importing Mustangs from the US and just selling them on without even needing to do conversion work (most Australian states allow LHD vehicles 25 years and older) for a good amount of money. There are plenty of baby boomers who still want one.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bang Me Please posted:

how the hell does a person damage nothing but the hood like that?

Your mum sitting on it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Colonel K posted:

Speaking of which. I've actually had a look around it at a land rover show and it is a bit ropey all round.

drat, wouldn't the axles be snapping like twigs with those wheels on it?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JaysonAych posted:

Does Pacific Rim take place in the near future? It could be they just plonked in a Ka because it's unknown to most Americans and looks small and futurey.

Probably. Just like in Looper where the streets seemed to be filled with 90s Daewoos with plastic poo poo stuck to them.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

IOwnCalculus posted:

VAG products have a habit of tripodding when driven hard:

The Phaeton, despite it's decidedly un-Volks price, is still a VW at heart.

Pfft, three wheeling with the rear wheel up. Call me back when you aren't doing a Jim Clark with the front wheel up in the air all the time

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kenshin posted:

are those hood spoilers?

Yes they are, and they were an official Toyota aftermarket bodykit part for that Celica

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kenshin posted:

That looks like a car the redneck version of a ricer would drive.

I imagine the owner being a PFC in the Army, where he's been for the past five years because he can't get promoted to Cpl.

Wait, no, it says USAAF on it, so no the Army. Airman, perhaps?

Are you trying to be sarcastic there or don't you really get the theme for that car?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Mister Kingdom posted:

There was a Toyota Corolla sedan in my apartment complex with a full vinyl roof. I was going to take a pic, but the owner was coming.

"Excuse me, sir, but may I take a picture of your car so that I can post it on the internet and ridicule you?"

"No? Well, then I'll just pick up my teeth and go about my business."

In an Australian car mag a reader was bemoaning the death of vinyl roofs on cars. He then showed photos of a vinyl roof that was put on his Monaro (the new one, not the 70s ones. Same as the GTO). It looked God awful yet the reader thought it was brilliant.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ferremit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyd6fxXISmo

CA20 with open headers. Once we hooked up the rest of the exhaust it sounded a lot more bland :(

Ye Gods a Ford Corsair. I thought they were all taken off the road because they were so boring no one wanted to buy one.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

kastein posted:

My favorite vanity plate ever. Definitely doesn't belong in this thread :v:

I love the louvre shade look on the tail lights. Reminds me of a XF Falcon

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

parrhesia posted:

Yeah, it's in good hands already. The dude who crashed it is a mechanic for one of the premier Merc restoration shops in Germany. :v:

Lindsay Fox, a millionaire transport company owner in Australia, and massive Mercedes fan, has a wooden buck for the 300SL and can make his own body parts for that car. I think he has a few 300SLs in his garage.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MrSaturn posted:

And second gen is electric!

Also, my old Corvair had a wacky boomerang handbrake to the left of and below the steering wheel, which made using it on hills a pain in the rear end. I learned the hard way with that car. On everything. Don't buy a Corvair.

Nearly every 1960s car had that type of under dash/umbrella handbrake. Ford persisted with it in the Falcon till the early 90s

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fucknag posted:

:psypop: Someone paid eighteen thousand dollars for that kit?!?!

I would hate to think how much it cost the company to get that kit approved by the authorities, and designing it to work with all the safety gear in it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Pinifarina.
Rolls Royce.
$2.5mil.

I'd have got killed for this at uni, I can't believe a company like Pinifarina would put it out.

Ah yes, the Rolls Royce Phugly

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dakotaboy88 posted:

Here's one of the local police cars just down the street from me. My buddy's kid was kind enough to pose for photos so that I wouldn't have to look like a troll taking photos in front of the cop's house. She's a cutie, but drat, that's some ridiculous stuff to put on a cop car.

Decepticon logo is the wrong colour :argh:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aureus posted:

It came from Craigslist...

325es.

That poor poor BMW.

It's got the poo poo eta motor in it, so not much of a loss there.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seat Safety Switch posted:

They are, yes. After the rustproofing is applied at the factory.

Protege rust is tremendous. I've seen some truly amazing forms of it here.

Mine has no rust at all on it. Nor have I seen other Mazda 323s/Ford Lasers of that vintage with rust like that on Australian roads.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aurune posted:

Robert Kubica agrees with your questioning of how safe armco really is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kubica#Rally_crash

Same with this Falcon wagon:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

kastein posted:

You know what you need to do.

I dunno if I could cum hard enough to hit something that high, but willing to give it a go

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Imgur has provided me with one dose of "normal Terrible Car Stuff thread material":

Calvin and Hobbes dates from the mid eighties.

And one dose of "I don't know what the gently caress":

The Turbo Teen segment in "Robot Chicken" was one of the most hosed up things I have seen before this animation.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Throatwarbler posted:

Taylor Swift was writing songs 22 years ago?

EDIT: Oh, checked wiki and there's some other thing called Nevermind

You were joking, right?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

At least they didn't ruin a real Bentley

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Billy Zane posted:

Someone posted this on Club Lexus

Grillzzzzzz :whatup:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

YF19pilot posted:

I thought there was a rumor the Wrangler might get the diesel that's slated for the Grand Cherokee.

We've already got the diesel Wrangler :australia: :smug:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

krysmopompas posted:

It's like someone invented the oscillation overthruster and turned it off halfway through the garage. Other than that, I really have no idea what the gently caress is going on here.

Portal gun is playing up

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DropShadow posted:

Nice parking job, officer.

(And there was no emergency. I watched him stroll into Target.)
How many US Police Departments are running the new Caprice?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Still want to drive that abortion over a speedhump quickly and hear the noise as the suspension collapses in hilarious fashion

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

b0nes posted:

From Jalopnik

Commodore driver, doesn't surprise me

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

veedubfreak posted:

What the hell did that start life as? A Kia?

Hyundai Excel

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Accent#First_generation_.281995.E2.80.931999.29

quote:

The Hyundai Accent (X3) was introduced as a replacement for the Excel for the 1995 model year. It continued to be called Dodge Brisa in Venezuela or Hyundai Excel in some markets, such as the Netherlands, Belgium and Australia.
Whenever you feel like apologising to me :smug:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fart Pipe posted:

Its me, I'm the guy on the tractor. This was from Friday.

I'm the TV Current Affairs person hiding in the bushes waiting for the pedophile to go across the road

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BoostCreep posted:

I guess this counts as terrible. How do you even do this? Mistake the gas for the brake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hStcyDj830Q

Bad pace notes

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tobu posted:

I walked around the corner and thought i'd found a kit car..

but no it's the Ford LASER LYNX! The least graceful member of the cat/laser family hybrid.

I've only seen three or four of those on the road. Such an ugly car when they came out. Too bad Ford got rid of the AWD TX3 model in that body shape.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

`Nemesis posted:

Terrible political stuff not related to cars is boring.

Full Album: http://imgur.com/a/LJCTi

Wow, that Hilux is in a bit of a mess. Needs more shocks though

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

some texas redneck posted:

Yes, by Rosy Palmer and her five sisters.

Mrs Palmer and her five daughters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Somewhat Heroic posted:

From my Facebook feed, a friend in Arizona posted this one. Poor choice of business name/slogan/photo

That is so wrong it is funny