Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cruseydr posted:

^^ No headlights?

Also, wrong thread?

Saw this after work one day about a month ago on the Boeing Everett highway. I thought it was pretty sweet, had a lot of attention to the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dielectric posted:

There are no decent arguments for the Spyder. It combines the worst of cars and motorcycles. On test ride day, most of the guys checking it out were in the aforementioned grossly obese category. Even one of those guys cancelled his pre-order after the test ride. I saw the exact moment when one man's dreams were broken, it was very sad.

Well as terrible as they are, wouldn't they be better than the trikes with one wheel up front and two in the back? Those seem to have even fatter fucks on them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

I work at an auction, the worst thing ever is a blizzard on sale day. We've never missed a sale in the 14 years I've worked there. Cleaning 3 feet of snow off of 5,000 cars really sucks.

True story: When the retro Ford Thunderbird first came out, we had one running in the Ford factory sale with under 50 miles on it. The plows had come through the lanes early in the morning, so there was a three foot high snow bank in front of all the cars. My boss told me to get the Thunderbird out and bring it to the building to run in its lane, so I tried to get it out. No way in hell, it's stuck. Bad. So I hop out, say "this thing isn't moving". Boss says, "I don't care what you have to do, get it unstuck".

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

Ok then. Rev it up, neutral bang it in drive. Time the rock, bang it in reverse. Wheels spinning, smoke and snow going everywhere. It literally took a half hour of this, eventually with some guys pushing it.

When it rolled through the sale lane it was puking coolant, had a really bad knock, a slipping trans, and two bald tires.

Best day at work ever.

Awesome

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

i want to puke

Ran out of puke :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I've seen that picture before but my understanding was that it only had a roll bar not a cage.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

who is spain posted:

The setting sun wasn't doing my crappy cell phone any favors, but I had to jump out and get proof of this one. It's not every day a Porsche and an Integra come together.

It's so bad. Why would you do all that work to those fenders and then put skinny, ugly wheels on it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Hate to assume but, because Russians?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

Fixed. And all I can say is... wtf?

Thanks, what did I do wrong?

It had a "stallion" badge on the Rear, btw

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Nocheez posted:

Yep. The dude who runs it has a Tanry with some significant body damage. You see tons of tan Camrys all over the place, so he put up the blog for fun.

He's the kind of guy who drove to see Tommy Wiseau (of "The Room" fame) and get his picture taken with him. Sometimes people just want to be goofballs.

I don't know how anyone could take that site seriously, just look at all the pics he takes and doodles over them. I thought it was pretty funny at least.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Snowdens Secret posted:

I never understand why this forum hates on stuff like this but mostly gives hellaflush a pass. It's not like either have functioning suspensions, but at least this thing can pull into driveways and parking lots at greater than 0.03 MPH

I dunno about hellaflush getting a pass here, but these vehicles are terrible for a wide range of reasons--it's the epitome of cheap car with wheels 2-10x the value of the car, poorly modified suspensions and chopped up fender wells (and sometimes the chassis itself). Most of these things are in such poor shape that they are legitimately dangerous vehicles.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
The giant towhook crap still baffles me. They probably cost about as much as half a track day but no, you need towhooks to be towed out of what exactly?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Holy poo poo :lol:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Deeters posted:

I wonder how upset the owner would be if I asked them what kind of car it was.

Nah, gotta say something, like "nice Chevy man!" as you walk by.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Does a steaming shitheap daewoo deserve anything better?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Terrible Robot posted:

Kinda surprised at how well the AE86 seems to have held up, all things considered. Although it does look like somebody went through the windshield. :ohdear:

Saw this at my girlfriend's apartment complex. The rear spoiler had to be only a dozen or so degrees off vertical, I can only imagine it acts more like an air-brake and gas mileage destroyer. The rain makes the paint look much better than it was, it had pretty bad orange peal. I went to high school with this idiot. At least the rear window sticker is mostly truthful, I can totally believe he "built" this in his backyard.

I found this car's stupid cousin:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
E36 non m for sure. #1 choice for all BMW ricers.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 2, 2013

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

SaNChEzZ posted:

I had a trunkmonkey beause subaru, and was once accosted by some less than savory individuals in the hood because it automatically implied that black people should be dragged behind cars :rolleyes:

I took it off immediately :ohdear:

Jesus Christ :eyepop:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

SaNChEzZ posted:

What's worse, my "implied racism" or the ignorance of the individuals that literally, chased me for miles onto the freeway?

Oh I'm aware of the tunkmonkey fad, just amazed that someone took offense to it and went apeshit over it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Kenny Rogers posted:

HA!

Before I'd scrolled down far enough to see the text below the picture, I thought "That's Australia.jpg right there."

The ebay.com.au payoff for scrolling down 3 lines was friggin' GOLD. Thanks for that!

Was I the only one who noticed how hosed up the driver's seat is? This thing is amazing

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KakerMix posted:

Those little chrome fender badges like that don't look good on anything I've see lately, why does it seem like that's the latest trend by everyone?

This is the worst offender because these Infinity QX monstrosities are the most hideous vehicle on the road these days.

These are terrible bit still nowhere as bad as a Juke.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I really hated the feel of that ASC system on my Z3M Coupe, but it did work. It's a lovely system compared to DSC.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
What was he trying to do? take a right turn after they spotted cops?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yup, that doesn't belong itt

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ror posted:

This is one of my favorites, from Portland, OR, which rarely gets snow despite being in the northwest. Also the majority of people have their AWD Subarus, so they are convinced that snow changes nothing about the driving experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCoxOReXlHI

I saw a similar thing happen in a hilly parking lot elsewhere in Oregon. Just dozens of cars swirling around, seemingly gravitating toward each other, at about 3 MPH. People would get them stopped and then all of a sudden they would pirouette off sideways in whichever direction was downhill.

This is definitely seattle.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Blood Magnet posted:

I saw a guy unloading some stuff from his PT Cruiser. As he was about to stand up, the hatch fell down and hit him right on top of the head. It looked like it hurt, but my initial thought was: serves you right for owning a PT Cruiser.

My wife's co-worker's husband has a PT cruiser convertible that he is so protective of that he won't let his wife drive it.

Recently, he went out of town for business and he intentionally parked it at the airport so that she couldn't drive it.

She has cancer btw.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Isn't it a photoshop? something about those graphics covering the black trim looks weird

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

I didn't say the other generations are ugly, just that the last generation was the best looking.

It never came in a GT-FOUR variety, therefore it sucks.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

I followed a Tesla Roadster on the freeway today with the plate GASSUX. Probably shouldn't be in this thread though. :v:

I saw a Leaf near my work with the plates LOLGAS. wrong thread too

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Contact patch size and shape is determined by weight of vehicle and size of tires. Increasing the width of the tires does not make the contact area bigger but it does change it's shape. But generally speaking stickier or wider tires will add extra friction at the detriment of fuel economy.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

My '72 Nova was like this. Seatbelt not buckled with weight in the seat? Constant buzz. In highschool, my books would set off the passenger buzzer if I went over a big enough bump.

One of my fondest memories of my grandpa was his 72/73 4-dr nova and how he explained how his nova was the only year they had all of the crazy seatbelt buzzer stuff in them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Reverse googled it and found this:

quote:

ACCREDITATION

Hard data and photos here are from BMW's European press information.

he used to have a page dedicated to poo poo talking his 540i M-sport or whatever it was before he ragequit and sold it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

NoWake posted:

Make your own caption!

Skee-lo really ran out of money

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Back when I used to care about show cars, I remember some of the crazy poo poo that would turn up at Autorama. Lambo doors up front, gullwing doors in the rear. Hood opens sideways, trunk opens in reverse. Totally useless poo poo that was done purely for "wow" factor. Half the cars were pushed in because putting oil in the engine meant you might get oil on the shiny engine bay if something leaks. God forbid you have to start it and discolor the exhaust. This brings me back to poo poo like chrome plated brake rotors. May god have mercy on your soul if you have to hit the brake pedal and scratch em.

So what you're really saying is, is that show cars and their owners are loving stupid? That's all I got out of that.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Someone reallllly hates their girlfriend's v6 mustang!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

What I don't understand is why the LEDs go out when the blinker comes on. Every single car I've seen with LED DRLs kills them when the blinker starts. It looks completely stupid to have a bright-rear end DRL on one side and not on the other. Would it really be that hard to keep them on?

I'd bet it's intentional to improve visibility of the blinker.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

Poor thing. What did the bad man do to you :(

It's OK just another terrible forester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Devyl posted:

Post terrible car stuff in this thread: Your license plate sucks

So many bumperstickers. I imagine this is how those "art cars" all start off.

Almost thought that was a sticker for :tbear: