Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

If it weren't for the camo I'd drive that motherfucker straight up camp rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

This terrible stuff about terrible cars isn't the right type of terrible car stuff you spanners.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Is there an equivalent to NRFD but with dumb turbo/vtec/rotary bullshit instead?

If it ain't a rotor it ain't a motor? I saw some bloke had this as a tattoo in one of the hot4s mags back in the 90s.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I don't know how many people would have the presence of mind to even go for the handbrake in an emergency braking situation anyway. From my limited experience the typical response is a white knuckled super grip on the steering wheel, eyes the size of pie plates and either stomping the middle pedal through the floor or not braking anywhere near hard enough.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Crikey that's pretty fucken hosed hey.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

dphi posted:

For anyone not aware, these things cost like $5-10k a set depending on how annoying you want them.

People pay for that poo poo? gently caress a duck, I figured it was halfwits bodgying poo poo up in the back shed. Yeesh.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

:hmmyes: This is the only real good vanity plate, soak it in, folks.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It's based on the population of each county at a certain time in the past, which was probably some kind of big dick swinging from Butte/Silverbow County, because they had the biggest population at the time. It doesn't really seem to serve much purpose anymore, except yeah, it's a good way to get your rear end kicked if you drive into a hostile area. There's a reason why I keep an axe handle and a hunting knife in my my center console.

What hosed up third world shithole do you live in. That's fucken munted.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Memento posted:

Ahh yes the FordFordFordFordFordFord F-150F-150F-150F-150F-150F-150

You forgot TexasEdition TexasEditionTexasEditionTexasEdition
TexasEditionTexasEditionTexasEdition

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That is just mind-bogglingly awful.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Nah you can't buy a y61 at all now. I'd buy a 70 series if I could but the bastard things are 80k. Lot of money for something that's gunna get covered in scratches and dings.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

taqueso posted:

Is that the kind that paralyzes you or the kind that necrotizes your flesh?

Nah they don't hurt anyone they're just cool. Hang out in your house and eat insects. Every now and again one pops in to say g'day when I'm in the shower.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Elviscat posted:

WHY ARE THEY TAKING A SLIGHTLY SMALLER PICKUP?!?!???

To get better fuel economy, duh.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

At 130 bucks would it even be worth the time machining it?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

It's loving awful. All the benefits of a motorcycle aside from handling, acceleration and braking. Makes you look a right dropkick as well.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

perhaps, but I'd gladly cruise around the post-apocalyptic desert wasteland of 2022 in the thing, preferably after the paint rotted off and it's just all rust. :black101:

the cross and spots for the 10 commandments on the back could even be repurposed for my wasteland death cult, how convenient!

No protection from the sun, sandstorms, or war boys. Single front wheel would give you at best lovely handling. You'd be roadkill in no time.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I got recommended an episode of hoonigans and could barely get half way through it, they were all just such massive wankers and were impossible to stand. It sucks because it looks like they do some interesting things but I dislike each and every one of those bellends with an absolute passion.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

cakesmith handyman posted:

I did a 4x4 course a few years back as part of a stag do (my only 4x4 experience) and it was impressive how easy it was to get an unlocked 4x4 stuck on level wet grass, I can imagine with some load and a slope and the wrong tyres they'd be stuck there forever.

How do you get a 4wd stuck on flat wet grass? I'm not doubting you, just curious having done a fair bit of off road driving and also driving falcadore utes on grass and unpaved tracks and never managing to get stuck myself.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

It's not in Brissie or Logan.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

VideoGameVet posted:

How to destroy the value of a classic:

That's fucken awesome but.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Memento posted:

This is just wanton stupidity though.

https://i.imgur.com/ivVF3lF.mp4

Absolutely, all they had to do was leave the jockey wheel on and job's a good'un.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Memento posted:

Well considering the back wheel of the trailer is off the ground, putting the boat on it properly would have been a good start.

It's actually supposed to go further forward, with the bow snugged right up in the bow stopper. Looks like old mate's bought too big a trailer hoping she'll grow into it.

Poor VS :(. My housemate had one back in the day, used to pull wicked single peggers if it'd been raining.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

If you don't think a Hilux is a ute your bloody head's screwed on backwards.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Advent Horizon posted:

Also Toyota CVs are tougher than people give them credit for. I’ve destroyed an entire front axle, I have front and rear lockers, and somehow never broken a birfield.

Might be because you have the locker too? Couple of weekends ago I was out 4wding at Ormeau and saw a bloke do a cv and a steering rack end or somesuch on an open diffed gen 7 hilux. Old mate was a bit wedged and giving it a bootful to try and scrabble up this steep little section, bouncing around loading and unloading the wheels and pop she went. Took an 80 and a gu working together to winch him up.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Famously terrible car : the mx5. Wrap it up mazdailures, go and get a motorcycle.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Buggers me how most people over there can fit qn F250 or the like into anything at all. We saw an F150 driving up near the sunny coast and it dead set made the LC200 next to it look absolutely minuscule.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Memento posted:

A friend of mine is a property manager for a bunch of subdivided estates in Melbourne, that were built in the 1960s. He constantly gets complaints from people about their neighbours having their cars sticking out past the end of their individual parking spaces. He's also constantly fielding requests for people to extend their garages and carports. Cars are stupid big these days. It's basically an arms race.

They are, but there's stupid big like an LC200 and then there's seppo big which seems to be another level entirely.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Right thread for sure, way too fucken long.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

All dogs qre good dogs, duh. That dog is excellent but.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Absolutely wrong thread.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

If you want control over which gear your car is in why not just buy a manual?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Surely if it was a made up name he'd be Johnny Glowplugs.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I’ll take “Profiteering and Predatory Practices” for $51,663, Alex.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Humphreys posted:

I was thinking of a similar idea of a 4 way pressure pad on a brake pedal, but to be completely batshit insane it's designed to apply different brakeforce bias depending on how you roll your foot on the pedal (left ot right, front to back and all inbetween if tricky)

I had the same idea, many many moons ago. Would be pretty sweet and also ridiculously stupid. I wonder if the garage54 boys take requests?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Weird, I find using the indicators is just muscle memory at this point. It takes actual conscious effort to not use them.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"I didn't see them!"

OK cool so you've just admitted to driving without due care and attention. Probably shouldn't be on the road there, friend.

Aye, but given the alternative would be "yeah I saw them, hit them anyway" it's not a surprise people go with ignorance instead.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The anime ones are just so confusing. I can see some halfwit thinking gas, grass or arse stickers are funny but anyone so messed up as to think covering their vehicle in anime stickers does anything but make them look like a shut-in sex-pest. Look what some clown did to a perfectly good kwaka:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

All youtubers are absolute garbage humans. Even that one you really like - especially that one you really like - they're a loving shitstain on society's undergarments. Hope this helps.

ili fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 29, 2022

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The voice recognition in my Toyota Hilux was actually really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Can I please have this one for a probe thanks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)