Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
And its really hard to get a consistent finish reblueing a gun. I imagine it would be tough to do on a hood, unless you want the blotchy look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

bidikyoopi posted:

over/under on this guy hunting mallards?

Im going for dick hunter

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

Wrong thread.

I dont know, those look home made. A couple of the legs of those As look like they could buckle at the next nice bump.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

D C posted:

Slammed Duallys are probably the best slammed things:

Seriously I love nothing slammed but I would drive the piss out of a slammed dually.

Sadi fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 18, 2013

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
I love it. Its not like your average 911 is that rare or unique. Its cool to see a variation on the slammed vw rat rod. I cant wait to see it done.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
Thats just a Spyker C8 body kit right? Well other than a little less chrome.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
You do realize this is Automotive Insanity right?

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

I always knew there was a reason that I hated Millenials, but it wasn't until I read this "Yet I recoil from the idea of buying one. Cars equal liability. Accidents are practically inevitable, no matter how well you drive. They cost more and more to own and maintain, and (electric or not) they defile the environment. And good luck parking one anywhere without it getting ticketed or towed." that I understood why. Really? accidents are inevitable? only if you are an idiot. You can't park without getting ticketed or towed? yep, you are obviously an idiot.

I have had 1 accident in 20 years, and guess what, it was a Millenial that sideswiped me because he had his head up his rear end.

Ive had one accident in the past 15 or so years of driving. It was also a Millenail rear ending me when I stopped for an emergency vehicle. That said its the old douches in the trucks that are always trying to run me over. Ive just been quick enough to not get killed so far.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
As for weight, rolling resistance is pretty constant and easy to work out so they could figure that out and account for the added weight pretty easily.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

atomicthumbs posted:

we usually go on about cars that have spoilers and don't need them. here's a car that needs aero and doesn't have it

Looks like it has aero but on the wrong side.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
Last I read about hacking cars was some attempts to wirelessly hack into ford sync stuff a few years back. As I recall their poo poo was pretty locked down. I want to say there was no physical connection between the infotainment system and the rest of the cars computers. But I'm probably wrong. Might just have been a solid firewall.

Huge grain of salt, I'm a mech e. Not a double e or soft wear guy.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
All I have to say is the Fiesta ST is one of the most fun cars ive ever driven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The JCW ones do it from the factory. I like it, but also I'm damaged.

I love a good burble and pop but I loving hated the new JCW I drove. The burbles and pops sounded so mechanical and it was really boring to drive. A fiesta st is a ton better of a car.