Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Godholio posted:

Jesus Christ, what's the loving point? Buying a Smartcar already announces you have more money than brains and should probably be sterilized, but there's a loving Brabus edition?

I really don't understand who buys a smart car. If it's to have a small car, there are better options. If you want good fuel consumption, there are WAY better options. I'm not even going to comment on power / handling. Last I heard they're hemorrhaging money.

Speaking of horrible. Since it's a new thread...

It's ugly, it's expensive, the steering is disconnected, the pedals have no feel, and did I mention it's ugly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Do note that in that CNN video the brake lights were not on.

Vanity plate, check.
Aftermarket muffler, check.

Unpainted body repair, check.

And didn't bother to replace the indicator. Who the hell needs those anyway.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Left Ventricle posted:

A little hard to tell, but this guy needed to get to Autozone right loving now. (Drove into the front of the building.)

I guess he got into the zone. Autozone. :rimshot:

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Motronic posted:

"Belt line? We'll show you a freaking belt line!"
I was driving a new Camaro the other day. It was just plain silly. I'm sitting as high as I do in my MINI but my head was in the roof liner and I still couldn't see out the loving thing. It's like the auto companies think that glass costs more than steel. That or people love not to see where they are going. Or where they have been for that matter. All I could see was the roofs of the cars behind me. Thank goodness for the backup camera or I would have hit two curbs and a pole.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Twistershift posted:

Haha, like these Range Rovers will ever see dirt.
I imagine it'll go something like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HT7mXvdcKg

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

Blind spots galore, numb steering, and a "where's the engine??" feeling when you stomp the gas.

Driven a 2011. I felt the front visibility was good. However, it felt very big. Also, if you think that steering is numb. Drive a Hyundai.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

If red is sport, yellow is ceramic, is pink :gay:?

Honda Civic with pink calipers, drums, and steering wheel emblem.

tobu posted:

This lady has been driving around my town for the last week or so. The only damage seems to be the bonnet but how it doesn't fly open is anyone's guess.
Hinges jammed in that position?

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

I have no idea what this is, but it looks kind of like a Peel P50 but it has "Electric Vehicle" stickers all over it. It's very "look at me! I'm saving the earth.".

Mind you, I see this car across the street from Coda and a mile down the road from Tesla. So it's not like he didn't have choices.

Aurune fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 28, 2012

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

:silent:

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

On a Honda Acura. I might have let this pass if it was on a Camaro.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

FIRST TIME posted:

Was that a Hellafail moment because I don't know how else that could have happened.

Might just be driver stupidity. He's in a slight right, you hear him accelerate, back end steps out slightly (Power oversteer). He points at the wall. Brake lights come on and he spins left (Brake oversteer). After impact the car seems to roll just fine to the right. So I don't think anything snapped.

But that's just me being a back seat driver.

VVVV I see the bump, too much power with the rear unsettled? VVVV

Aurune fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 4, 2012

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Went to get coffee and saw that the Sasquatch Research Team is in town!

Found a picture of the owner...

You might also be unsurprised to know there was a xenophobic "I'm an American, take back America" sticker on the front windshield.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

Are these guys for real? Or is it just a gimmick to get a tv show?

Worse than that. They're not the guys from the show. Which is what I thought at first. I was going to get a ironic picture and autograph. This is just some local big foot hunter society.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

This definitely qualifies for this thread.

"Drifting a Celica"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQvZNay27fo

In this video you will find.
1) This video performed by professionals.
2) Trying to "Drift" a front wheel drive car.
3) Complete and utter failure to do a handbrake turn
4) Trying to be funny.
5) Getting under a car supported only by a scissor jack.
6) Failing to understand how and why they failed.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

`Nemesis posted:

It would have just rolled on into a Porsche except he jumped in it and stopped it.

So it was a catch and release day?

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

His V-Tech is exploding out the sides of his car.

Bonus car related item:
"Practice makes perfect". WTF is he practicing? Barrel rolls?

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm guessing those are plastic stick-ons and not actual holes in the metal. Just like those fake hood scoops that 16 year olds put on their 1.4l shitboxes.

How'd you guess? You must have really good eyes. The effect is flawless! (the fact they're not quite aligned doesn't help either)

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Here's a case of you're doing it all wrong.

Handicapped hanger, partially in the space in the wrong direction.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Crap, this guy has money and lovely taste.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

:effort:

I hate other people.
Also, the irony of parking a "Armada" in a compact space is not lost on me.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

It depends on what kind of roof it has. If it's a soft top, probably in the trunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09Gh07KRws

And his trunk is now full.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

einTier posted:

Less talk, more pictures.

And it works too :stonk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fy6IHPriDQ

Ouch, on the subject of jeep fails.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vQqKTWw7Z4

VV "That's hosed now man." VV

Aurune fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 9, 2013

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HT7mXvdcKg

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

enojy posted:

The profile view is pretty sexy.

I like the profile but all the other angles look like a Chinese company made a knock off Ferrari 599. I guess that's kind of a compliment.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/BbFHQ04.jpg

Every cheap piece of tacky plastic poo poo you can buy for your trunk on one SUV. I especially like the air deflector combined with the hood scoops.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

The new Jeep look.

:gonk:

Yeah, sadly it's official.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/22/2014-jeep-cherokee-gets-official-in-a-hurry/

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

opengl128 posted:

Speaking of broken suspensions. Saw this on the highway the other day.

Yup. Looks safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3tdwN0FneA

Reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_RI3C4OC3g.
Somehow the soundtrack fits.

Not sure if that's russian inspections or passengers having some fun.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

G-Mach posted:

If you break a concrete barrier or destroy a fence with your car you typically have to pay for it.

Yeah, and it's not cheap. Here's someone's bill who Nurburwronged.
http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?220631-Nurburgring-Accident-Costs

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Not sure where this goes or what the heck this is. Found this looking at a random stretch of 80.

It looks like a Chevy with a mushroom on it's roof.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I had to double check that this was the terrible car stuff thread, since those transmission videos were so neat.

Being rich is almost like a handicap:smug:

I'm guessing they're all visually impaired from the way they parked.

I had a terrible car stuff encounter last night at dinner. No pictures sorry. I'm eating my dinner when the four people at the table next to me loudly begin arguing about cars. More specifically, street racing. What followed really was like "VTECKICKEDINYO.GIF" in real life. Highlights included:

1) What speed you needed to be doing before the cops wouldn't chase you further.
2) Who's car is louder (Because loud equals fast you know!).
3) Remember that time I did that mad burnout and hit the telephone pole?

As I left, I decided to go for a walk thru the lot, figuring I could pick out which car was theirs. drat it was simple. Early 2000s Civic Si, in good shape actually. Naturally, it slammed with a "racing" steering wheel (who needs airbags?) with purple metal column and the worlds largest sticker with the name of their "racing" shop on the side.

They seemed to be finishing up, so I made my escape before I actually had to operate a motor vehicle in the vicinity of them.

Aurune fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 14, 2013

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

This drove past me the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yg-uHk0cWY

:psyduck: I wonder how much they got off the price for the shame of doing a sales pitch in front of their new pink Juke.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

kastein posted:

Friend's XJ got butchered by a retard running an "offroad shop".

drat :stonk: is a understatement.

However, it does make we wonder what the work at your average :rice: shop looks like.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

Why would you put that on your car? Why?

As the mighty car mods would say...

"For mad street cred man!"

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Tribal / Two Tone paint job with rims! Bitch'n

VV "Jailbait's Towing" VV

Aurune fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 20, 2013

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

brother-joseph posted:

It had crashed into his daughter's Barbie Power Wheels truck and now all anyone can do is make jokes about proving the wreck wasn't his daughter's fault.

I hope the owner of the Lexus is insured. Body panels on a Barbie Jeep don't come cheap.

That whole area is just gotten a unfair share of pain this week. :(

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

drat, that's the kind of thing you see in lab in a Sci-Fi film begging to be killed.

Aurune fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 23, 2013

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Sockington posted:

Speaking of flares...

Flares? WTF is up with those hood scoops?!

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

No picture sorry. There and gone too fast..

I was crossing the street when a mini van decided to stop 3 feet into the intersection. Nothing special there. The truly special part was guy in the passenger seat. He was probably about 16 or 17. He had his seat reclined a little and managed to put his feet up on the dashboard, right on top of the airbag. As the car haphazardly made its right, I was kind hoping for a accident. I know it's morbid, but I really wonder what would happen if a airbag deployed under your legs like that.

VV Edit: Curiosity satisfied VV

Aurune fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 28, 2013

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Great, now we need to burn a classic car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Q_res posted:

Jesus Christ, that dude legit scares me. I love that he manages to get pissed off at the car for him being a huge loving idiot. I was kinda disappointed he didn't go through his sunroof when he jumped on it though.

WTF?! He has to be high. Why the hell did the others help him? This video asks too many questions.