Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Grabbed this and at first thought the whole core mechanic was needlessly confusing, but after reading through the book and looking at the Rogue Impulse thread in PBP, I'm definitely digging it.

I only wish there were more aliens to choose from at player creation, but I'm sure that'll be expanded on later or by a good GM. I wanna play an Ithorian :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

devilmaydry posted:

Some other people seem to have agreed with you. It looks pretty well balanced, so as long as your GM doesn't dismiss unofficial stuff outright, they'll probably be fine with it.

Whoa, this rules. Now to just make a few characters for fun and then find a play-by-post game.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Is there another forum besides SA that you all use for play-by-post games of EotE, or have you just been running live games? I kinda want to get more into it but there's only one EotE game currently recruiting here.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

devilmaydry posted:

Also, most classes get ranged light as a class skill, and not ranged heavy.

Wait, did I gently caress up chargen a little in the A-Team thread? I rolled a character with Smuggler as the career and Thief/Politico as dual specializations and I'm pretty sure there's no blaster skill whatsoever for either of those two.

Which is a shame, but I guess it's good I splurged a little on increasing my agility. I guess he'll be a naturally decent shot.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I'm just worry it'll pigeonhole all PCs into joining the Rebellion. Not all smugglers are Han/Lando style freedom fighters, most are in it for the money and nothing else.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I was more referring to this.

treeboy posted:

i'm guessing if anything there'll be a logical progression of sorts. After all the heroes of the rebellion started as colonists and smugglers.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Just so I understand what FFG is planning to do with these three games: say I start GM'ing an Edge of the Empire campaign right now, since it's out. Whenever I get my hands on Age of Rebellion, can I then start injecting stuff from that into my EotE game, since they're both fully compatible? And vice-versa?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I know there've been a few PbP games of EotE here on the forums, but has anyone ever successfully organized a group over Roll20/Skype or something similar?

I've been listening to podcasts of some of the better-known games posted in the LP subforum (like Grey Hunter's Rogue Trader campaign or General Ironicus' 4e campaign) and it's really making me interested in doing something live. And I'm sure an LP-style thing would help make SW:EotE a bit more popular as well, though you'd have to do it with a group of people who already work well together and have good chemistry.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Druggeddwarf posted:

Drone, I think you should do it. I've got the books for nearly a month now and I still can't find someone to play with. A live game would do me wonders.

I totally would were it not for two factors: 1.) I'm in Germany, so aligning timezones with North Americans would be hard (but not impossible I guess, Grey Hunter's LP manages to do it), and 2.) I've never GM'd a game before, or even completed a whole campaign of EotE as a player.

Otherwise I have been toying with a homebrewed campaign idea that I think seems pretty cool, so if nothing came of a live game, I might consider running a PbP after Mustache Ride's game gets off the ground.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

How do some of the new races (Ithorian, Duros, Sullustan, Mon Cal) compare to their counterparts from the Unofficial Species Menagerie? Thinking in terms of balance/intended play style.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

"The one with the funny dice."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I'm looking at maybe picking up an adventure, but does Fantasy Flight really not offer PDF options in the year 2014? I'm in continental Europe and having to import these in English through amazon.co.uk is a real chore, and to the point where it's too expensive.

• Locked thread