Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I always thought he was kind of racist against circus people, I mean they always seem to be villains of some sort. Even Hawkeye was a villain at first!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Who knew that "Imperius Rex" meant "kill whitey"?

Marvel Comics #1

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

redbackground posted:

Scott's a fuckin' boss.

"Yo yo wassup it's X-MEN in da house yo! Mutant 4 lyfe!"

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Father of the year.

Seriously, no wonder she's got so many issues.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kharmakazy posted:

I read that one, but I don't know what that is flying off of his head there...

Pieces of bone?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Not enough presidential pouches.

Whew. Much better.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hakkesshu posted:

Finding new teachers is hard:

Wolverine & The X-Men #19

The regular human teacher makes a pretty good point. How many people in Xavier's school are even certified teachers? :haw:

...was Charles Xavier a certified teacher?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
That is the best thing I have seen all week. Source?

Fruits of the sea posted:

He's a Professor, but I'm not sure if his area of study is ever mentioned. To be fair, until recently, Xavier's schools have had more in common with a para-military training camp for child soldiers than anything remotely resembling education.

Yeah, he's always going on about how he is not training them to defend themselves and to fit in with humans, but it seems that there are only two career paths that you can get out of Xavier's school.

- A trained murderer
- Dead person

I mean, all their science wizards for example were that before they ever joined X-Men. poo poo, looking at how long say, Iceman has been there, he should be a certified nuclear physicist at this point. He certainly has had the time for that and few other PhD's.

I liked that Cyclops didn't try to dance around the fact in Utopia but *sigh*

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Lobok posted:

Isn't it strange that at least a few of those Manatees would operate in the same way as the human versions? I don't see what would be much different about Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and Aqua-Manatee.

Manatees have a terrible imagination as showcased by their years of writing Family Guy, they would make an awful Green Lantern.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Boogaleeboo posted:

He can wait til he dies and gets tortured forever for being an atheist, it's not complicated.

Unless he dies in a glorious battle and then it's Valhalla for him!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ashcans posted:

I like to imagine that whoever wrote the story just knew literally nothing about penguins

I like to think that they all were baked as gently caress. It probably made a shitload of sense when they were writing/drawing it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

Grifter #15

Pre new 52, Amanda Waller was fat.

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Is there any comic book character more hilarious then Spider-Man? Seriously, I can't think of anyone who comes even close.

Daredevil 21

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Lobok posted:

I can't tell if Spider-Man is joking or if this is uhh, the "Superior" Spider-Man if you get my spoilery drift.

Wait, that's a permanent thing now? Whose stupid idea was that?

Anyway, it works better when you take it as Spider-Man joking. :colbert:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I don't know if that's just a dumb attempt to be EXTREME or exactly like something Joker would do.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The MSJ posted:

Namor probably calls everyone the worst swimmer.

Well, high standards to measure up against and all that!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Call Now posted:

What, this is the fattest girl Metropolis can supply? How disappointing.

Metropolis is the healthiest city in America, what with Superman picking random pudgy people off the ground and cracking jokes about them.

"Hahaha holy poo poo and I thought that saving that sinking tanker last night was a tough deal but daaamn bitch! Next time there's an asteroid coming towards Earth I should just toss your gigantic rear end at it, breaking it right into little pieces. Earth better watch out, looks like Krypton doesn't have a monopoly on problems with red supergiants! Heard that Lex gave up on trying to design a door wide enough for you to walk through and oh Parasite took one look at you and said "are you loving kidding me?" Man you spin around on the roof of a building couple of times and people going to think that some other news company is trying to ape Daily Planet"

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CzarChasm posted:

It took us two weeks to bury president Regan, and he was no Superman.

All the arcane rituals to seal his corrupted soul in took most of that time though.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Hey, he can pull them off!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well, Namor was ripping off heads when it was still shocking but Black Adam seems to do it to every two-bit thief that crosses his path, so yeah.

Flesh Forge posted:

Well not literally, right?
Serious question because Marvel Universe gets wierd sometimes.

Ghostlight posted:

Venom pulled two of them off and it seemed to annoy Namor somewhat.

Also of course he can pull them off literally but it hurts like hell. But they grow back. It's happened like three times I think. :v:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Lurdiak posted:

I know he nearly crushed this little orphaned kid he viewed as a protege for suggesting Magneto was his equal once.

DOOM HAS NO EQUAL!

He has a soft spot for Namor though. Or a possible dude crush:

(Sub-Mariner v1 #49)

Personally I think they're cute together.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 18, 2013

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Random Stranger posted:

That's not Kirby's original idea. He didn't start talking about that until the 1970's. In the 60's stories which Kirby drew and was involved in plotting, Doom's face is definitely hideously scarred.

Here's an example of that, demonstrating Dr. Don Blake's excellent bedside manner:

(Thor 182)

If I was an STD doctor I'd yell this every time.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Vicissitude posted:

I love that the Avengers/X-men watching this are just standing and staring at the weirdness going on.

"This... this is a a thing that's happening, isn't it?"

Iron Man is all "You know...sometimes, this loving wierd-rear end job...I mean just...gently caress. I bet Bill Gates just plain doesn't have to deal with this kind of poo poo."

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SpiritOfLenin posted:

That's uh. Pretty un-Lobo. Especially the other picture of him there in which he is super scrawny. Why did DC even feel the need to bring back Lobo if they essentially just completely reinvent the character - they might as well have just created a new character.

Never find out what they did to Amanda Waller.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So America's favorite frontier hero is...a white guy named Tomahawk. :geno:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Haha, were there even Native Americans that weren't completely familiar with modern American culture and inventions in 1951?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Maybe he's a midget?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Mojo is great. I love when he appears in Exiles and he's all "Nah, there's just only one Mojoverse."

I have a soft spot for him because I started reading comics when he was like the main villain (or when those comics made their way to Finland which was like ten years later). That was an weird era. Longshot. Spiral. X-Babies. :allears:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Defiance Industries posted:

I think all of Claremont's later work indicates he's no less guilty than Lee on the Creep-o-meter.

Jim Lee's like a shoplifter on the creep-o-meter. Claremont is Pol Pot.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Say Nothing posted:

drat, how could we forget this famous cover and all it's variations.

I always wondered what the hell Mr. Fantastic was doing with the ropes. Did the tangle himself into them accidentally? Did someone toss the ropes at him? Did the monster have rope? He doesn't even look tied up for that matter, more like someone lazily just wrapped it around him. Way to go, genius.

And let's be realistic, we all know what the most homaged cover is

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Oct 6, 2013

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The first one is so badass.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well that's probably the greatest job in the world.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

prefect posted:

You know what I really liked about the Amadeus Cho/Hulk days? When Amadeus figured out that the Hulk still has super-intelligence, but it's all dedicated to making sure nobody gets killed by his rampaging. Sure, he destroys tanks and buildings and geography, but people make it out alive. :3:

I thought he's killed like thousands of people, hence the whole "let's send him to space" thing.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Honestly, Avengers would be a lot more efficient outfit if it was just Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man and Hawkeye. There would be a lot of blood, screaming and bodies, but poo poo would get done.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Metal Loaf posted:

And the prize for "most awesome reaction to bad news ever" goes to...

Uncanny X-Men #123.

I think he had less of a reaction to uncle Ben dying :stare:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kalli posted:

Have some Spiderman panels. I picked up some issues recently after thinking of Maximum Carnage for the first time in twenty years, and man, there were some great faces in the early 90's:

___

Yeah, Peter, I know she's beautiful and famous and all that, but Black Bolt is going to be seriously pissed of at you for stealing his girl and I don't think that you want him to go after you...

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ghostlight posted:

Originally it was "Magneto is just powerful" but then I guess they had to start really specifically narrowing everyone's powers according to their mutation so that they could make characters more interesting than "the power to have all the X-Men powers!"

His helmet has never protected him from lazy eye though

[Uncanny X-Men #1, #4 and #17]

Early X-Men were hilarious. I wonder if Cyclops and the rest reminisce often about the times when EVERYONE was on acid ALL THE TIME.

Majuju posted:

So the Blue Area of the Moon is host to both endless mists of time, as well as terrigen mists, am I miss(t)ing any?
In Marvel Universe the whole of Apollo program had no survivors.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 20, 2013

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Either the colorist just heard "Africa" and ran with it, or I just learned that Doctor Doom is a black dude.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Wait, hasn't Superman met like a billion Kryptonians and robots and poo poo from Krypton? I'm not basing this on anything I've seen but I would bet money on that he's actually visited it by time travel or dimension travel or something. What about Fortress of Solitude? What about Kandor, the bottle city with a million actual Kryptonians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Another panel in the same issue, where Frank's face is loving priceless:

Next panel is "Marry me." right?

• Locked thread