Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I always enjoyed Magneto for taking pretty a pretty simple but vague power to the nth level.

Even the early straightforward understanding of ferromagnetism would introduce wacky applications like controlling the iron in people's blood, but I can just imagine the excitement of the first writer who remembered his basic physics and realized that the electromagnetic force is involved with anything and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Absolutely unrealistic. There's no way in hell the most upvoted fanfic wouldn't have been Scott and Logan reconciling their differences with sex.

I did the legwork to save you poor souls.

Of the ~9,000 X-Men fanfics at fanfiction.net, the top four most favorited are all romances stories featuring Gambit.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

McCrea put it nice and succintly -

John McCrea posted:

I had said... that if [Hitman] didn't last longer than Gunfire, I would quit working in comics altogether.... I think that was my suggestion, putting Gunfire into issue 1,000,000. I certainly told Garth many, many times that I hated Gunfire, because it's a terrible, terrible concept. I'm pretty sure Garth agreed with me. So when it came time to blow him up with a hand grenade made out of his arse, it was just perfect.

A terrible, terrible concept.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So Lockaw:
- Inhuman Royalty
- Honorary member of the Illuminati
- Literally saved the world in Infinity without breaking a sweat
- Likes hugs.

Basically is there anyone or anything cooler than Lockjaw? I think not.

- Collected all of the Infinity Gems with the Pet Avengers and defeated Thanos in single combat with them. It was a battle of wills and while Thanos is one of the most determined beings in the universe, no one is more dogged than Lockjaw. :smugdog:

And then he brought them to Black Bolt like a good boy.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I bet Lady Stilt-Man would fear him. Respect and fear. I would totally read a series where LSM and SM team-up and he mentors her and it's a will-they-won't-they romance but obviously they get together in the end and learn a lot about life and stilts. But apparently Stilt-Man is married and also dead. Aw.

Here's Taskmaster jobbing like a pro that I found while I was looking for a good Lady Stilt-Man panel.

Deadpool #10

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Pierson posted:

There is actually a fairly solid multiple-page explanation and breakdown of exactly how awful Penders is both of his art and his person. It's lost in the forum somewhere. It might be in the 'awful runs' thread and it's worth tracking down. A combination of huge ego, dire art and writing ability, and the comic equivalent of an absentee landlord let him lay waste to the sonic comic and it's hilarious.

Yeah, Onmi wrote up a ton about it, starting here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562522&pagenumber=26&perpage=40#post425825129 (really starts on his next post), which continues through most of page 27

And apparently there are dozens of multiverse versions of all the characters, so we get things like Rasta Knuckles:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

You didn't get this from 5 decades of tsundere Doom vs the FF? "BLASTED RICHARDS, IT'S NOT LIKE DOOM... LIKES YOU OR ANYTHING!"

One of my favorite panels from the FF Annual #2:

Tee-hee, you caught me in the act Richards! Pink death laser for you!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

It's gangster slang for a brutish guy.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

William Bear posted:

Unknown Dr. Doom altruism:

They're in good hands.

FF #57

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

It's that time of year! Who will be coming down your chimney tonight?

Will it be Santa Claus? Watch out, he's a power hungry rear end in a top hat!

Marvel Holiday Spectacular '09

I think I'd rather just have the Punisher deliver my presents, quite Frank-ly

Marvel Holiday Special '91

I'm not sure about the perspective here, so I like to believe that Hulk of Christmas Past is enormous and about to step on baby Jesus in that barn. Also, hilarious winter outfit.

Marvel Holiday Special '92

And no collection of Marvel gift-givers would be complete without Santa Doom!

What The--?! #10. Of course Doom has his own Bobo. I was actually convinced that it was an intentional reference since that last panel looks uncannily similar to the shot of Burns hugging Bobo, but this issue came out 2 years before the Rosebud episode.

However, despite my love of Doom, this will always be the one true Marvel Santa for me...

Marvel Holiday Special '91. The story ends with the kid still thinking that he was visited by the real Santa.

Bonus holiday pinup - Are you sure you want Logan to carve? Does he ever wash those things?

Marvel Holiday Special '07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I do wish that Ghost Rider was actively trying to fool the kid, but he stays silent through most of the issue. Everything else is as expected though.

Seriously, look at this big flaming sweetheart:

• Locked thread