Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011
I went to school with a kid named Obiwan Ken Noble.

He was pretty okay with it, even though both his sisters had perfectly normal names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

Deific Presence posted:

My name is pretty drat weird itself, but I'm not going to post it because according to the internet I'm the only one with this name.

That's what the net says about my name, which is Nimue, but I use my middle name now.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011
Today I filled out paperwork for two new staff memebers: Zoe Voltz, and Sadako Panic.

I'm pretty sure they're superheros.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011
For a while I lived with a kid named Awesome. It was on his birth certificate and everything. I don't know why he was named that, but it wasn't really appropriate.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011
Today I created a security account for a Janepher. I've never met anyone with a special snowflake spelling so that one just floored me.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Are good names allowed? Because my niece has a cousin named Brandon Steele and that's an astonishing name for a toddler to have. He's the coolest person in any room he's in by default.

I know a Dustin Steele, who absolutely increases the cool factor of any room he's in.

I've also credentialed Doctors Slaughter and Splatter. Splatter is Slaughter's anaesthetist.

And I work with a Purification, who, much to my disapointment, prefers to go by Josie.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011
Best names to cross my desk this week:

Queenie
Attila
Willy Wang

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

Pope Hilarius II posted:

IIRC this is actually a fairly common name in Hungary, though

Oh, definitely! His last name is a pretty common Hungarian name. It's just a strange one to come across in Australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011
I just processed a work application for a man named Ryno Welding. I thought he was business untill I saw his drivers licence.