Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

HiroProtagonist posted:

Posting plane names doesn't count

I’m waiting for a child named Hawker Nimrod.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I saw a Pat Butts at work. Short for Patricia.

:laugh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Marcade posted:

I know of two Michael Hunts personally. I also just spoke with a lady named Brooklyn Hooker.

Is that better or worse than former NFL receiver Fair Hooker?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

But I think it's really that he just assumes no one understands the "gypsy problem" outside of Europe.

This has come up in a bunch of threads here over the years, but the above thought is basically accurate. Gypsy may be viewed as a racial slur in Europe, but it definitely is not in the U.S. where the majority of people have never even heard the term “Romani”. Most people here associate it with a Fleetwood Mac song or a general style of headscarves and flowing clothing and whatnot, with the racial element being almost completely nonexistent.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Nygyl. I assume (Hope?) it was supposed to be pronounced like “Nigel”.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
At the NHL outdoor game today, the anthem was sung by Aurora C. Gooch.

Then, while introducing some healthcare people at the game, one was named Dusty Gooch. I have no idea if they’re related, I was too busy laughing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Hugh
Wanda
Anita

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Double post got a first name I just came across at work: Gagandeep.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

And George was not Latvian Orthodox; that was (almost) Kramer in the kevorka (sp?) episodes.

:thejoke: is George was converting to Latvian Orthodox in that same episode to stay with a woman.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Bygy Boggus is a minor character from Star Wars or Gundam.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1392960170087665673

Dicaprio Bootle

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

This feels like it should be an alternate title for 2 girls, 1 cup.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’d have guessed Piña.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Dick Long.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Lady Disdain posted:

I'm not sure that's necessary. People have been posting cool and interesting names itt for as long as it's existed. Just change the title, and whack a note in the OP.

Yeah, that’s the simplest option and makes the most sense to me.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The Chargers have a rookie TE whose full name is Tre' Roosevelt McKitty.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

rodbeard posted:

Steel McBroom

A cousin of Steely McBeam.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Craphonso Thorpe

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Chase Colt

Yes, this person was apparently from Oklahoma.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Lady Disdain posted:

Moronica is amazing.

It was also the named used in a few Three Stooges shorts for their "totally not Nazi Germany" nation when they wanted to mock Hitler.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

venus de lmao posted:

:confused: It's no weirder than CJ or AJ.

Time to bring back OJ.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

OwlFancier posted:

Really he should have called his children nick howitzer and nick mortar.

Wikipedia says one of his kids is named “Legendary Love Cannon” :dong:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Marcade posted:

A name I feel you must be very careful with, "Niga" (40 something y/o white lady)

So how the gently caress is that supposed to be pronounced?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

YeahTubaMike posted:

Those look like the fake names from that baseball game. Sleve McDichael, Onson Sweemey, etc.

Someone pointed out in another thread that even though it was a baseball game, a bunch of the names are similar to NHL players from the early 90s, which had players named Sweeney, McLlwain, Mogilny, Smehlik, Wesley, Turcotte, Bourque, and most appropriately for this thread, Ron Tugnutt.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Saw the name Chas Nimrod during a college football game. It sounds like something from a 90s comedy.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Arivia posted:

That’s because they’re just tweaks to nhl rosters from around that time. Kevin Nogilny is instantly recognizable as Alexander Mogilny, a star player, for example.

Yeah, this came up in another thread and someone had figured it out. Basically, take some NHL rosters from the 90s, translate them to Japanese, then from Japanese back to English with all the quirks that can entail, throw a few slight changes and tweaks, and you end up with Bobson Dugnutt.

fartknocker posted:

They always were real, they're all names of NHL players from 1993 just run through a few layers of translation:

https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1308890248718553097?s=61&t=Wira3l5cmu_E2KGRbqsALw

Bobson Dugnutt is based on real NHL goalie Ron Tugnutt, who holds the record for most saves in a regular season game! :eng101:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Dick Hyman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
There was a football player a decade or so ago named Mister Cobble.