Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
I'm calling my 7drl project finished. Its pretty rough around the edges and not everythings implemented but i've learned a good bit on going about this kinda of thing.

Features:

Randomly generated terrain for youto get regularly stuck in!
Randomised Items with effects n poo poo
Injuries that affect your character
Shooting stuff

I was originally intending on working on it some more after the 7drl but now I'm at the end of its dev time I doubt it :v:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/64bc4d8a (untick "Use our download manager" before you download it)

[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_Bqtm8c3z8dGVoaC0xVGdJVVE/edit?usp=sharing/url] new link

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Scissorfighter posted:

Just finished a little project, trailer is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ucc3b-gh3w

It's a remake of an older game that I did to stave off the depression that always comes from dev block, and I was stalling pretty hard on my unity game. It's a generic platform-shooter, but I slapped a few hundred hours of polish on it, which was fun and easy enough to do. Thought I'd test the waters of selling it for a tiny fee ($1.75) since it was something I wouldn't mind too much being a complete failure. I predicted 0 sales and got them, so now I'm trying making it free for the first week. Itch has some handy analytics so I know only 50 people have clicked to discover the price in the first place, so this probably isn't much of an experiment.

All I need from this game is for it to be the last time I ever use Multimedia Fusion, but it's a vicious cycle.

I remember playing the first one absolute years ago!

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice
Finally getting back into the swing of things on game dev - this has taken me far longer than i care to admit and also involved me restarting form scratch so i had less error only to run into a bunch of different errors.

Turnbased tactical enemy AI that moves each enemy one by one to a decent area of cover!

For once I'm trying to sort programming before graphics, hence the lack of animation. I'm also unsure as to what kinda of direction I want the game to go themewise.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Shoehead posted:

Ok went back to it

Works a lot better now, atm I'm just testing with a random hair object flung into the scene to see if it snaps to his head but after I get the creator all put together I can start drawing the objects right on there.

Is the bottom one still a bug?

If youve got it in the draw event of the character used something like

draw_sprite(wig,image_index,x,y)

then if the the wig will only change frames when the character does.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Thats drat slick

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

dupersaurus posted:

Trying to make money off of html5 games is probably even more of an exercise in futility than mobile, right?

I haven't tried this personally but I'm doing some html5 gamedev testing and it might be worth a shot as it would then be distributable on steam etc.

appjs.com/

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

dupersaurus posted:

Hmm, that might be something. A tutorial on Phaser's site linked to this, seems more functional: Phone Gap

If you're up for it, you can install and use apache cordova. Its what phonegap is based on but without the cost/restrictions.

https://cordova.apache.org/

I've managed to spit out a few simple android apps for it, it was a ballache to install and set up tho but then again i'm bad at reading instructions v:shobon:v .

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Dr Solway Garr posted:

Been working on some character animation this week for a little game I've been making on my own.

and because I'm loving stupid (and because it's an animation workflow I'm used to and lets me do silly gpu vertex tricks), all of the art is geometry.

Also, I really, really like this.

That's adorable and looks great!

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

I'm always super wary of gimmicks and stuff, so I'd love to get your opinion on this -

Would an FMV game that's 1950s monster movie themed (black and white, film grain, overacted) be too hard of a sell for you? I mean, the film content is not something I'm too concerned about in regard to it being of proper quality. I'm just curious if a black and white FMV game is something that would even have appeal.

I think it could be doable. Personally its not my kinda thing as I never really got into FMV games and the like.

SCreenshot Saturday.

I've been putzing about with pixi.js and got the early workings of a possible mobile game.

Are the controls too invasive?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

SupSuper posted:

I would just put the movement arrows on top of the respective tiles (or maybe just highlight the tiles) and tuck the other buttons in screen corners.

Manslaughter posted:

I would rather have the arrows in the corners and the other buttons where the arrows currently are. In its current state it would be too easy to fat finger a wrong direction, and putting them on the tiles would make that worse.

Cheers for the feedback folks, I did originally plan on hiving it on the tiles but the character is 2 squares high which might get in the way.

Yeah arrows in the corners sound like it could be a better shout. I have more buttons to add :doh: so im sure there will be more loving about to come (I want a rotate left and rotate right button so its almost like twin stick style controls)

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice
It might be the sonniss GDC game audio bundle you're looking for.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice
Was banging my head on a problem for a number of hours on why armour would equip and not unequip.

Their strings for checking "Equip", "Unquip"

Renamed to Unequip and still having issues so rewrote a bunch of it.

The separate function being called to update the armour on the character had a = instead of == in the if statement checking if the armour was equipped. :11tea:

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Yodzilla posted:

This is why I use enums instead of strings for any sort of named state or type.

Yeah I thought id kill 2 birds with 1 stone by having the button use that string to make the button text tho!

Also javascript, I don't think it does enum, but I may be wrong because I'm somehow getting worse at programming.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Manslaughter posted:

I started programming with Game maker 4, in 2001. :corsair:

and by saying that I've probably brought our COBOL and BASIC geezers out of the woodwork

e: Lol, when looking for when GM4 came out, found this on the wikipedia page. gently caress your sprites!!

I think I was round about the same, just had a look and there's still reviews up for my early works from 2004.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

AntiPseudonym posted:

Told Twitter that I'd just implemented cheat codes, and the first thing someone says is "Is there a big head mode?"

So, now, yes. Yes there is.

This game looks so good.

Screenshot saturday - I've finally got some semblance of line of sight and random dungeon generation.

Both def need tweaked somewhat (you may notice the shadows end after a certain distance) but random generation has been kicking my rear end for a while now so I'm glad I at least have something.

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 24, 2015

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Shoehead posted:

Those tiles are gorgeous :swoon:

They are indeed, I wish they were mine :ssh:

Im just using them as placeholders - eventually switching to something more spacey.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=14166.0

I drew the guy tho!

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

DeathBySpoon posted:

It's really not that bad. I'm starting to do little bits of this for Roggle and all it is is writing about the cool stuff you're working on and showing it to people any chance you get. Assuming you find gamedev pretty interesting in the first place, since you're doing it as a hobby, I can't think of anything easier than just talking to people about something you enjoy. Your enthusiasm will come through. Just tweet about cool stuff you're doing, respond to other devs about their cool stuff, and you'll start to build a following. Exactly what you're doing here, really.

On that note, Roggle just got a new layer of polish:

What are you developing this in?

My roguelike plan is currently being hindered by the enemy tweens getting mixed up in the pathfinding resulting in missed turns >:(

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Fangz posted:

As a general rule of thumb, for doing animations for explosions etc, how many variants should I do to stop it looking weird when multiple explosions happen at the same time?

Bear in mind you can offset the explosions by a few milliseconds and that can help break them up a bit.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

JossiRossi posted:

Oregon Trail! :woop:
That jitter is bugging me, I'll need to nail down what's doing that exactly. It'll be in my math (what little there is) somewhere.

I'm guessing the x value is getting rounded at different points?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

JossiRossi posted:

Yeah that's my thought. Since I am doing this in Gamemaker as a way to relax, all those land features and items are objects, even each individual white line haha. So every tick, the objects are doing some math on their position. The original implementation resulted in smoother movement technically, but the sprites would compress and expand slightly because GM was being given a float for their x coordinates. So I have the float rounded to a whole number, but that means that each individual object will sometimes hitch, and will do that hitching at a time separate to objects nearby, giving them a shuddery look. If they still stuttered, but it was in unison it might not be noticeable.

This did make me wonder how other games handle scrolling graphics though since it is a deceptive problem.

I havent used GM for a while now but cant you set up multiple repeating backgrounds in the room and then set the vspeed for them?

The you can just be like

background[0].vspeed = 2*player.speed
background[1].vspeed = 0.6*player.speed

or something to that effect

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

anothergod posted:

Yeah dogs get on that MVP poo poo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvCri1tqIxQ

Cut everything unnecessary out of your game. Make sure it is a dope proof of concept. Braid was essentially made in a week. For an indie game anything more than a month or two is just spinning wheels. Once you get to that point you needed to shoot it off to other people to see if it can gain friction and lurch forward more. Does anyone remember Spelunky Classic's dev schedule? I feel like it got put together real fast and then got smoothed out over the course of a year or so.

Huh poo poo, guess I'd better release my game in progress to the goons, I'm not far off getting started the character customisation bit!

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Bert of the Forest posted:

Being one of those who HAVE been "spinning wheels" rebuilding their game from scratch in a new engine which has stretched development time to nearly 3 years now, I say hell, still stick with it if it's important enough to ya. You'll get over that hump eventually, and hopefully have a pretty great product by the end. (That part remains to be seen in my case, of course.) With that said, I actually HAVE been working on something else lately, since I've been doing school and Deeper simultaneously, and school required I make a tiny game this year, so that's precisely what I did.

Specifically, this was a group effort, with me leading half of the Game Design class to create a small game based on a prototype for a mobile game I pitched here a while back! Some of you may remember it, but regardless it's published and free on Google Play now, making it my first official published title on mobile devices. It was an interesting, albeit frustrating experience (most of the class hadn't ever actually put games together before themselves, despite being in a Game Design program, so finding useful jobs for everyone was challenging at best) but it does help to motivate me to jump right back into Deeper. Check it out if ya'll get the chance - there's a PC build and an Android build so go wild:

PC Build: https://teammom.itch.io/mind-over-matter

Android Build: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MOM.MindOverMatter&hl=en

How long did this take? I dunno if its still in progress but I threw a dude and he touched the door and I lost a life :saddowns:
I guess practising doing stuff in a team can be pretty useful, theres probab aly a whole realm of management stuff that people don't even consider when considering teaming up for dev work.

anothergod posted:

We're nearing the early access release for Combat Jr. We're putting together a trailer proper, but I think I'm going to keep that longplay on the right, too. We'll just have to figure out how to embed the trailer on the left side via HTML magic. This is the itch.io page: https://interdimensional.itch.io/super-combat-jr-ii?secret=8jr9QESsqK5ZcCk26yfhbEIKKMc. We're applying to IndieCade soon (deadline is the 15th!) and the itch early access is going to start between then and May 24. If anyone here is interested in streaming we are going to definitely try to get that happening. I think other people playing and having fun might be, uh, more engaging than the devs having fun w/ it. Or maybe not! I don't know!

Digging the voxels! What's it made in?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

anothergod posted:

The voxels are made with MagicaVoxel and the game itself is made with Unity3D. I always thought it would be hard to move from something supereasy like Fusion to Unity, but it wasn't. It helps that I have a programmer, but I'd say I program half of the battle sections anyways.

I really want to get into voxels at some point, just don't want to get into unity..

After just short of 20 iterations, I finally have a dog I'm satisfied enough with to animate.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Shoehead posted:

Other than that I spent all day fixing bugs and adding in little checks here and there to make sure you couldn't do silly stuff like roll while knocked out. I also found out that in GML if you switch a sprite it doesn't start that sprite's animation at frame 0. You have to manually reset it somewhere else, so say for example you are on frame 4 of a walk and switch to the roll sprite to roll, your roll would then start at frame 4 (or maybe 5?), which was breaking all sorts of things I had tied to animations. The more you know right?

Yeah that was a pain back when I used GM. Sometimes I found it useful to have the spritaes last frame duplicated as the first frame as well when mucking about with setting the index on animation end etc as it would give me a tiny jump to the first frame before switching to the correct one.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

The eyes are amazing.

Finally got some of my customise a character sorted today (although it is very programmer art-y at the moment. Unfortunately I can't use masking so have to do it all the painstaking way with redrawing each marking in all its frames, only another 6 body parts to do then the same for the other 3 directions :gonk:

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Steampunk_Spoon posted:

This mostly started as an exercise, which then quickly got out of hand. Textures are mostly adapted from a tileset meant for 2d games, which ended up working surprisingly well. I wish I had access to some nice 8 directional sprites, but I guess 4 directions works well enough.

http://s1.webmshare.com/NdjGx.webm
I have no idea where to take this from here, but at least it was a lot of fun to put together.

Looks nice!

For 8 directional sprites you could go for some from the old FPS games?

https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/hexen/

E: You probably meant free to use art fitting with the style :downs:
This could be useable if you clothe them.
http://opengameart.org/content/zero-knight-ultimate-character-template

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 4, 2017

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice
Hey,

I'm trying my hand in a little flying game - really early version with placeholder graphics and godawful collision handling here, I'm trying to get decent handling at the moment, anyone want to give me opinions on how the controls feel? Currently the controls are bound to the left and right keyboard keys with a view to translating it to either side of a touch screen in the future.

:siren: because I've not set up window focus properly, you'll have to have to click the fps meter (top left) to focus the game, then click the game window to unpause it :siren:

It currently just spits out random things to fly at in a pick up/drop off fashion

https://alovelylad.itch.io/flight-test?secret=4xoPwhZSamkYd9ytx4wPEql2aM

Thanks!

Edit: I needed to give out the secret link as its unpublished :doh:

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 5, 2017

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Hey thanks for that, super detailed! Ill check out yours when I'm home.

Im not actually using a physics engine its all home made, the collision stuff isnt a priority at the moment its more just figuring out if its easy and fun to get from point a to point b (although maybe harder to judge with less obstacles) and you have a bit of control over how quickly you can move horizontally and vertically.

Ive had a thought that you can control vertical movement by how long you hold the key before releasing and horizontal is the same regardless, a bit more flappy bird style where a button press is a flap.

Really moving just sets up a hspeed and then theres a bit of maths that means the higher your hspeed the slower your vspeed.

I guess you are avoiding the walls but I think ill opt for it just slows you down as opposed to a start again situation.

Cheers

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Reiley posted:

We have a loose concept for a future game where two ideas for helping draw player attention to things were a) darkening the screen except for where an item is the closer you get to it and b) muffling music the closer you get to an object. It's hard to think of subtle ways to make important things obvious, or guarantee a player will eventually be led to a necessary thing while also still feeling like they found it themselves.
Just throwing ideas out here but you could have a vignette thats darkened/blurred/both that moves slightly when in proximity to items of interest to help steer the player towards it.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice
So ive been continuing (slowly) with the flying game.

I've had to tone down the graphics a bit as it was a bit of a burden for lower specs to load in a 6000px image, even if I did break it down into chunks. So I've reduced the size of the graphics by a third and the game is scaled up 300% Far right is the original graphic.

I'm a bit unsure on how to go about the level though - I've just taken a screenie so I can show off the area that has collision detection (the dotted selected area)
I'm conflicted between having a colourful and interesting background and having it easy to see where you can and cant fly. I guess people don't really play these for the background images though :shobon:
Also the collision area might be a bit basic? Although I do plan on having several different levels so I guess this could be a starter one.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

This level of detail is crazy, was the fastener stretch to do with over tightening?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Hover posted:

I love the look so I wanted to speak up on this. What you're looking for is contrast, not necessarily "bright" vs "dull" colours. With the palette you have going, anything cool will stand out from your foreground, like most of the background does. Maybe play with a cool moonlit shoreside in the background? Or lean into warmer colours in the background and a cooler rocky cliff for your collision area? Outlines might also work for less effort changing the art.

P.S. can I live in your lighthouse? I bet I can see the ocean from there

Cheers for that, that sounds like a good way about it!

Also there is meant to be someone who hands out a mission at the top of the lighthouse so if you want to pass on what you look like I'm sure they could have a resemblance!

Hover posted:

I have no idea how I'm going to make low poly waterfalls look good. Probably texture work I guess.
That narwhal by the noticeboard :3:

Dunno if it would work as your graphics are quite clean, but have you thought of a steam of randomly sized and rotated cubes falling? Heres an image which probably doesn't explain it that well:

Love Stole the Day posted:

Posting progress:

I'm about 9 hours of effort into this project that I started a few days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS4WyEekHN4

I'm wanting it to be a SWAT4/RavenShield-like game: multiplayer co-op terrorist hunt and hostage rescue FPS.

Good going, are the brown ones hostages?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

barge posted:

Gamemaker sounds like the the right kinda thing though, thanks for the suggestions

As others hqve said, yeah gamemaker would be a good idea, there used to be hundreds of platformer examples online too so you could even get away with repurposing one of them and putting your own sprites in

anothergod posted:

I'm not going to give up on the faux top-down view, but if there are any ideas/suggestions/etc. I'm all ears.

Id say your wizard is more readable than the other guy even with the floating cubes. I think it might be down to the first guy having quite dark colours for both his clothes and the voxel equipment and no visible face?

One thing you could do is have an (optional) arrow at the characters feet showing which way they are pointing- Here's the only example I could think of

Other than that I think the characters and animations look awesome!

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Polio Vax Scene posted:

It's not that big of a deal, I have no issue with playing games in windowed mode nowadays. Just have an option for 1x or 2x since its kinda small on 1x.

:agreed: I think it looks fine in both of the pics . You're working in game maker right? I'm sure that allows you to set up multiple scaling modes.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

baby puzzle posted:

Hi. I have created a demo/test version of my PC game called SEQUENCE STORM. It is a rhythm game with racing elements.

I don't know if google drive will be happy with many downloads, but we will see what happens. I suppose I will probably put this on indiedb.com eventually. https://drive.google.com/open?id=13entbDhJf0a6t7Rk8tWzYQD4_M0Sj-ZS

I'm also trying to write up a description of the game...

- Here's some footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPGHXgDlUWA

The final game will have:
- 31 music tracks
- A story mode with 59 missions
- It is a PC rhythm game that uses a game pad or keyboard
- Split-screen multiplayer

If you give it a try, then please let me know what you think. It is still in a beta/bug fixing state so I'd be interested to know if you have any issues, and send me your log.txt file.

This looks really fun, tried to run it but it turns out I've got a bunch of dlls missing :(

E: tried installing said dlls and still wouldn't start - may be a windows 7 thing as apparently the DLLS are meant for 8+
api-ms-win-core-quirks-l1-1-0
api-ms-win-core-sysinfo-l1-2-1
API-MS-Win-Eventing-ClassicProvider-L1-1-0
Xinput_4

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 13, 2018

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

FantasticExtrusion posted:

For when there are just too many antlions:

https://i.imgur.com/6Cd4beF.gifv

Awesome! is this based on G-police?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice
Screenshot saturday right? No I actually have something to show for it. Game is none too far off done, just have to make all the levels and missions etc :v:

Here is a test mission, the screen recorder has jacked the FPS a bit.

https://i.imgur.com/0v38jEC.gifv

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

Coldrice posted:

Hey guys, been a while since I posted about my Project Duster. I have a new build out to try. Pax Submissions will be popping up soon I'm sure, so I need to convert this into something I can submit. Obviously a tutorial is REALLY needed. Heres hoping I can figure it out. I think I'm going to try to solicit funding for this project...

I posted the newest build on itch. Keyboard ontrols are in the folder, but its designed for an XBOX controller. The goal is to assassinate the "wanted" people in the menu, and then use the clues they give you to find the lost mine.

The "wanted outlaws" menu is in the inventory (Left trigger to get to wanted) and the map to actually track them is also there (right trigger)

https://coldrice.itch.io/duster/devlog/32101/v002d-is-live-career-bonuses-factions-more

Hey up, I finally found my xbox controller and had a go of this, and I like it! The maps are a bit sparse (as could be expected in a desert) but the map generator is awesome! I managed to get as far as doing a quest, killing a miniboss and got to a bandit in a camp to the north but ended up dying of thirst.

I have a few small suggestions and bugs if you want them:
I sometimes had the dust puff when you run appear really far form the character in the abandoned houses, as does your map marker, I'm guessing you're maybe hiding them by offsetting them?
Its hard to loot rats and snakes, maybe make the bounding box human size?
I got a tummy bug from highlighting smelly rat meat but not eating it, It might have been something else that caused it though like drinking from the water trough?
This could be due to the map generation but I found the towns a bit hard to navigate, there were blocked off bits between houses and the entire town was fenced bar 1 entrance/exit which sometimes meant running all the way rouund
Is there a fast forward time function? I got stuck in town at night and there were coyotes outside so I pretty much had to go and get a coffee while it went to daylight again.

baby puzzle posted:

Screenshot Saturday?? Here's what my game looks like on the hardest difficulty, and also an example of how bad I am at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRltc18BTp8

I was trying a new shape for the "target bar" but it doesn't really look very good. Also, this is "score mode" which is just like a regular rhythm game, with no racing involved. I'm thinking that in this mode, I won't even draw the ship on the screen, since you aren't racing or anything. Actually maybe I should have taken it out for this video, but oh well.

e: It is surprising how exhausting and time-consuming it is to come up with these note patterns. I feel like every section of every track needs to be something unique, but also goes along with the music properly. - oh, and actually be possible to do.. and aesthetically pleasing.

The note patterns look pretty good though; take it you couldnt make a setup where it records you just playing improvising the button presses through the song at half speed, setting it up then you could refine it after?, Also the UI looks excellent

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

devolver digital gave it a 👌 emoji on twitter so i guess this means i should pitch it to em when im done

Game looks awesome and would go perfectly with devolver so great job!

quote:

Here's how it looked earlier this week.
Also looking ace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

baby puzzle posted:

You do lose some boost power if you miss.

e: You lose speed too. So it is actually often worth it to use boost power to "catch up" after you've missed and slowed down. It is analogous to ramming into a wall in a normal racing game.

ee: I got a huge spike in visitors on indiedb yesterday. Apparently, because they tweeted about my game directly:

Hey that's great, that you got the attention spike, I guess one way of capitalising would be to try and get people paying attention to it to follow you on social media. I think the addition of extra racers is a pretty good idea in the grand scheme of things as it makes the game a bit more dynamic.

Is anyone up for having a little look at my game so far? I've maybe gone a bit off path and done all the programming before actually building the levels and stuff so I'm not sure if it feels fun to play/control, so I've set up a quick demo with 1 level that has 2 (kinda working) missions on it.

As a note its designed for mobile so you'll probably have to make do with using the left and right arrow keys to flap (where users on mobile would be tapping the left and right side of the screen). Also to begin a mission you land near someone and tap the play button.

Also it'll probably take a few seconds to load in all the larger graphics etc

https://alovelylad.itch.io/cave-courier-playtest

Thanks!