Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was actually surprised when I bought Brawl a couple months ago for $35 instead of 50.

I'd probably play a Wind Waker remake if they upped the difficulty in some way. The game is probably one of my favorite Zelda's but the difficulty was just too easy.

Also requesting spoilers for Phantom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamn X looks like Xenoblade on steroids, guess I'm buying a Wii U when that comes out.

Wind Waker HD is cool but if they don't increase the difficulty or (add any new content which they 99% won't) i'm not interested. Zelda games are super fun when they're challenging and the fights in WW are some of the best Zelda combat except everything hits you for a quarter of a heart.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bombadilillo posted:

Right now Im playing Xenoblade. (HAPPY LOUISGOD?) Can I get an idea of how far into it I am? Im about to get into the Prison Island

I'd say close if not halfway. There's still a lot of content to go through, especially if you plan on doing sidequests/end game bosses.

I'd buy a WiiU then rather than later if they include a good amount of new content into WW.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just switch out one of the Toads for a Pianta. I want to be a floaty, fat Pianta.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Help Im Alive posted:

Champion Road owns, I did a semi-speedrun type thing of it with Toad. I think keeping your momentum is really the key to getting through it smoothly, same goes for the final levels in SMG2 and 3D Land

You make it look so easy, I'm having such a difficult time on the rhythm blocks

Game is really fun though, I had my doubts at the beginning but there are a lot of cool ideas and the last 3 worlds can get pretty hectic.

Astro7x posted:

Now on to that loving mystery house...

I'm assuming there isn't a checkpoint in the middle? My brother and I can't seem to get the 15th star because the timer always runs out right when we're next to it. Can't imagine having to replay them all over again when you just have to get a couple near the end.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress DKC give me some X

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren: more 8bits :siren:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

Hehe, Sonic All-sta.... oh Mario Kart All-Stars racing.

really though they better have taken tips from sonic all stars

probably gonna get this near release for sure

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh gently caress yes im putting 100 hours into this bad boy

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terper posted:

Thanks for reminding me why I can't play Xenoblade with Japanese voices. :v:

I really really hope there is a british dub

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

Wii-U is so hosed. It'll be good to get one super cheap next year.

I got a feeling all we've seen for the Wii U is all thats ever going to come out.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Pepper posted:

This.

Xenoblade dub owned, it was so very British.

I almost want to start a petition for optional british dub, or just replace American VA entirely

axleblaze posted:

They said it played like Xenoblade, so it's not actually an action RPG.

that gameplay vid was a carbon copy xenoblade battle down to the B

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looking forward to rubberbanding in Mario Kart 8 :D

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

kirbysuperstar posted:

FF 15? Kind of.

FF15 looks really boring and lifeless

At least in X you got giant mechs shooting lasers

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

axleblaze posted:

I don't give a poo poo about FF games and haven't played on since VI, but really? This looks lifeless and boring to you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axfFbGZ68nI

I don't remember it looking like that but there's something about the ambiance i'm not feeling. It looks cool though

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chronojam posted:

Don't do all the sidequests, that's madness. Even doing most of them is madness.

Do everything in the game and then never touch it again

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good stuff Rocco

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

But there are extremely few walls that CAN be broken, that's the whole problem.

i realized this and it dawned upon me that i wasn't having any fun with the game, whatsoever

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
How on earth do you do the baby puzzle in Pushmo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zonekeeper posted:

Update: I tried updating the console to see if that would fix it and it only made things worse. Now I'm getting weird flashing patterns and lines with no discernable picture at all. Guess I got a dud. :(

Condolences potential wii u gamer. May Nintendo repay you for these frustrating times.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zonekeeper posted:

The worst part is that I've had Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, and DK Tropical freeze sitting on my shelf for the past week (Target deal) begging me to play them. Having the drat thing finally arrive and be a dud made it hurt worse. :(

Do keep in mind that all these games are really, really good. I would see if you can get Pushmo (also a good game) as some sort of compensation for a refurbished console being a dud. I thought mine was as well and I was livid.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rathina posted:

Is it too late now to get a Mario Kart Wii U Bundle? Doesn't even look like it's on Nintendo's page anymore (It used to appear on this page with the other 2 bundles: http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/ )

Is this something that is just temporary out of stock or now that it's done it's done? I can't find it anywhere local to me (it seemed like it was everywhere a few weeks ago, just didn't have the cash for it at the time).

If you go the refurbished route and don't mind having a wheel its actually cheaper to get the wii u + wii remote refurbished along with mk8. You also get Nintendoland on top of it. Saves around 60 bucks

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I will

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey whats the deal with Platinum status for club nintendo? Does platinum get special perks? Can't find it on the website.

E: also if I download a club nintendo game does it count towards the $5 e-shop credit?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trent posted:

Holy wow SM3DW has a lot of content.

Yeah I always wondered if it was goon frothing on how everyone talks it up but its seriously a lot of fun and a good bang for your buck. The last worlds are killer.

jivjov posted:

At the end of the Club Nintendo year (June 30th, the year actually just ended), Gold members get a choice of a couple free gifts and Platinum members get a choice of a couple fancier free gifts. Its nothing too terribly special, but it's usually exclusive. Last year had a CD release of the Majora's Mask Soundtrack, for example. And a couple years ago I got a little Mario Bros statuette thing.

And yes, the Club Nintendo reward games will give you Deluxe Digital credit.

Thanks for the info, weird they don't tell you anywhere.

Nintendo Is Good.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

They better put Tingle in this

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are no more refurbished wii remote+nunchuk controllers :supaburn:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Shovel Knight BELONGS on a Nintendo system, and I'm glad that it's making its big debut on the Wii U--it's a love letter to everything Nintendo used to define itself by, fantastic, pixel-perfect platforming with outstanding level design, art and atmosphere.

Yeah and now nintendo makes games like pikmin 3.....

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spectacle Rock posted:

Thanks for telling me about this. Here's a copy of the flyer; discounted Wii Remotes too! Also buy one get one select games, yay!

Click to enlarge this image

quoting because this is a good deal

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wish wario land 2 was on the Wii U :/

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

RadicalR posted:

Goddamnit, I only got to Gold. No DKCR for me :(

And none from the Wii U selection look appealing

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sold out at my local best buy :(

e: still selling online, wonderful 101 is $23 so i picked that up as well for the free shipping

bef fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 20, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moriatti posted:

Super Paper Mario is an ok platformer, and as mentioned, Bowser is not only in it , but one of the best playable characters.

I would flip poo poo for a 3rd person action game starring Bowser though.

Ever since I finished Metal Gear Rising i've been dreaming of a Platinum game starring Bowser

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

noirstronaut posted:

This man is wrong, sadly. I advise you to listen to nothing he says.

Same but for this poster

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fremry posted:

And don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot, it just isn't "the best 3D mario game period" like everyone in this thread keeps saying.

I don't think anyone has ever said this.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't mind the star pointing as much as I did the waggling when you wanted to do a higher jump. Also mario not being able to turn around as fast to do a quick flip a la sunshine/64 was annoying.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fremry posted:

It was super confusing especially when you saw "Wii U" and your thought is "Oh, this will work with my Wii U", only to find out that not only do you have to use the Wii, but you need a Wiimote (that does not come with the Wii U), and a Wii classic controller that isn't manufactured anymore to play your "Wii U" game. When you have to buy 2 additional peripherals for last generation's system, one of which isn't even made anymore, I think they owe it to their customers to be open and stipulate that it is not a Wii U game by any means.

Ahahaha I need a wii mote for star fox too? Sorry nintendo not coughing up $50 to play some nostalgia

E: on second I need one regardless for the classic controller, unless there's a standlone. drat it nintendo

bef fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 8, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gandalf21 posted:

I get not having a Classic Controller, but it still always surprises me that there are Wii U owners out there that don't own a Wiimote.

Nintendo really should have just bundled one with the system.

I bought a pro controller from that best buy deal so I shouldn't have a reason to get a Wiimote

I didn't own a wii last gen so I don't see the point of getting one until now

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Random Stranger posted:

You have access to huge library of games that you haven't played, and you don't want to get the controller that will let you play them?

My little brother has a wii and we played almost every first party title that came out soo :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
100% completion of piranha plant jungle part 2 is no joke

• Locked thread