Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Elliotw2 posted:

I really want to know what the real reason for us not being able to use the gamepad/pro controller as a wiimote+classic controller is. It's got the same amount of buttons, and it connects via normal bluetooth as well.

Wii mode uses Wii hardware, they'd have to write Wii drivers for the gamepad and pro controllers, which I'm sure isn't high on the priority list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Minish Cap is coming.

If I had to guess, I bet we wait until Nintendo's E3 event on June 10th when they shout "AND IT'S OUT TODAY!"

Why in the hell can't nintendo release more VC things on WiiU/3DS more often? The homebrew community could have a working GBA emulator in a few weeks, whereas Nintendo actually knows all there is to know about their hardware, and barely manage to release a game that was given to 3DS ambassadors for free almost two years ago.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Chaltab posted:

It already runs at 60FPS...

I'm sure he meant loading speeds.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Club Nintendo is down, but I want my Pikmin code dammit! :argh:

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Artix posted:

Should have done it this morning before everyone and their mother tried to redeem it. :smug:

Got in, but since I bought MK8 on the eShop, it isn't showing up on my CLub Nintendo account? =/

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

I love how I got digital deluxe promo points for mario kart AND my free game. Basically only paid $45 for MK8.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Just got prompted todo a system update, any idea what it fixes/adds?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

That's really not how it works though. When you play split screen 2 or 4 "screens" are drawn. The reasoning for not having the gamepad be able to display it's users screen probably has more to do with fairness than graphical capability.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Is Kid Icarus Uprising any good for a lefty? And no, I will not play right handed.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Wii U is a pretty lovely name though. Wii was also a poo poo name, Revolution was better.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Just happened to check the Wii U section at Best Buy today, got Rayman legends for $20bux.

e: too bad a pro controller is still $50.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

For lots of people the motion controls worked and functioned perfectly.

Unless you are loving left handed and Nintendo decided there was no need for a left handed mode. That game was loving horrible because I am not right handed goddamnit.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

greatn posted:

Plus console updates are automatic now, unless you disable your internet connection.

You just need to disable the standby updates in Settings.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

jivjov posted:

Skyward Sword doesn't actually use the sensor bar, everything is gyro-based, including pointing.

I finished Skyward Sword. I'm still sticking to my opinion that the worst thing about the game was no left handed mode. Swinging the wiimote around in my left hand just didn't feel right since Link is holding the sword in his right hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

greatn posted:

Then use your right hand. Every other game you've ever played has you use your left hand for stick and right hand for buttons. The sword work isn't like precision handwriting or something.

I did actually, just didn't feel right either way.

• Locked thread