Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh wow Tank! Tank! Tank! went completely under my radar that looks incredibly fun. Any more details on it?

My friend Dan is working on it.

He's the guy in red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

Chaltab posted:

I really hope COD:BlopsII is a better indicator of Activision's level of confidence in the Wii U market than that.

I don't think it was a lack of confidence. I think it was a case of the Wii not being up to much hardware wise and them not being willing to dedicate enough peoplepower to craft a unique Wii experience.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Activision_games

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

No-one's asking you to like it, but it'd be nice if you could at least comprehend what you're watching.

Especially from a software engineer that lists one of his main interests as games.

You'd think his ability to analyse things from looking at them would be up to snuff.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
You kids are cute with your plugging things into things future. :allears:

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
Porting from iOS to the vast number of Android devices is a complete ball ache. :allears:

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiiU
Nintendo Land

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

INTERACTIVE CD-ROM posted:

So is the cricket bat the only melee weapon in ZombieU? That Gamespot review certainly made close combat look boring and repetitive, but surely there's other, better melee weapons to find? If so, I don't think "kills take too long with the default weapon" is really a valid criticism if better options are readily available.

edit: yeah, there's a pickaxe kill at the end of this preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddXT0gjt3Os.
So the Gamespot review confirms that trying to beat the game using the default melee weapon will be tedious. Ok...?

His argument was that the game was too hard and he died too much so he only ever used the weapons you spawn with and stock piled the rest.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

CrushedB posted:

Okay ZombiU reviews are coming in and it's gotten like two 9s, an 8.5, an 8, a 7, 3 stars out of five, a 6, a 5, and a 4.5. It's apparently both a great return to survival horror that proves that the Wii U controller is great or it's a piece of dumb poo poo that proves that screens on controllers are dumb.

What.

There are people that don't like the Souls games and Monster Hunter either.

I pity those people.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

Waffleopolis posted:

Seriously what the gently caress should I do the screen is just stuck there. :( :(

Restart the system?

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
Anyone have any experience with external SSD drives they'd recommend? :allears:

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

Crowbear posted:

Why would you use an SSD that's going to be bottlenecked by USB 2.0?

Because I'll punch you in the throat if you ask me any more difficult questions that's why!

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

Hello new ringtone.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
I have a NintendoLand Retro theme ringtone for anyone with an iPhone if they want it.

Anyone know where I can host it?

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

limaCAT posted:

This appeared on the WiiU UK facebook page. I don't know if it's a global Nintendo Direct or else.

Came to post this. Super stoked.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
Maybe they'll fix the account system and also announce a full Nintendo Network system for WiiU and 3DS.

That could happen...right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

PonchAxis posted:

Nintendo needs to announce a ton of games at E3 for the Wii U that are not only coming out this year but next year as well. This was their biggest problem their last 2 years at E3. I mean poo poo last year they only focused on launch software exclusively, which would be fine but was all that time dedicated to a port of Batman really necessary? Who knows but with the way they do their Nintendo Directs it seems like we might have a lot of killer software this Fall for the Wii U. I mean they just announced a new Mario and Luigi game that will come out summer for the 3DS. Maybe they'll announce the new Mario for this Fall. One would hope because I have no idea what is coming out this year for the Wii U other than MH3U, Rayman and WW HD.

Pikmin!

• Locked thread