Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The host of Yo is this Racist voice isn't really suited for radio, I don't think. It makes me want to not listen to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Jason Mantzoukas's misinterpretation really set them all off the rails in the cold-open discussion.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What are they waiting for with Nerd Poker??

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

dog poop n doritos posted:

Just for you to ask.

You're welcome.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's a bit slow but it's oddly entertaining. I'm guessing it'll probably pick up more down the road.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Having played a few times I can say that character creation is the most tiresome and needlessly long part, so with that done it'll probably pick up in later episodes.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

"I put her down" had me in tears.

"That was the right call right?"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Trujillo posted:

If you go the first episode on earwolf they've got some pictures up: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/let-the-game-begin/

I think he wants something like a character guide, like so you can remember who's a hideous dragon monster and who's a handsome elf etc.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I look forward to Nerd Poker more than any other podcast now and I'm not entirely sure why.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Listened to the last Two Charted today and I think they spilled the beans on a secret behind the upcoming Analyze Phish ep. You might not want to mouse over this.
Howard Kremer and PFT recorded a podcast discussing Jaws under the title Analyze Fish, which will have an intro from Scott and Harris, which I'm sure is supposed to be a surprise reveal for AP fans tuning into the latest podcast. Oh well.

If that's true then that is the podcast made for me.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dark Weasel posted:

Analyze FISH

SON OF A BITCH.

e: for the record, I'm ok with this.

Jaws is my favorite movie and and more than ok with this.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
On the subject of him breaking character I heard this recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QK3kq7Ogpo I read about it a while ago but I've never heard him talk about it. Aside from being a pretty good story about a crazy guy with a knife, it's pretty interesting hearing him be funny without being in character.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

jyrka posted:

Yo Jeff, Steve-O needs a podcast. Just one by himself. Emptying his mind.

Yo Jeff, never let Steve-O talk again. Jesus christ that was enough.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Again I am reminded how nice it is to have someone on Who Charted who actually knows poo poo about music. I wish Reggie Watts would replace Howard on WC.

I really only listen to WC to hear Howard be silly so that would make me sad. Plus he and Kulap have pretty good chemistry.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

I hate Jeff Garlin's podcast because Jeff Garlin only ever talks about himself and tries to get his guests to compare their lives to his. It's an astoundingly self-centered podcast.

I liked that thing he said on CBB about how he hates celebrity chefs because they always come out and talk to him instead of working in the kitchen. He knows those sous chefs are ruining his food!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

So did any of you yanks with Comedy Central access catch the Kristen Schaal special? Any truth to her bit about it being terrible? :ohdear:

I had it on in the other room while I was cleaning so I caught about 60 percent of it. I laughed at some stuff so it didn't seem that bad.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

Am I alone in not liking eps 5 and 6 of AP?

You're alone in my book, mister!

But maybe its just because I love Jaws so much and those podcast came out right after I got the special edition blue ray so maybe I was just in the mood.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Victorkm posted:

I loving died laughing when whoever it was went into this incredibly detailed and jargon filled description of Tennis strategy off the cuff.

Speak on that.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Haha man that's bad. That could just as easily be Jackie Gleason.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Poor Bartleby...

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
We all know they don't have restaurants in these places. Their mom or wife or whoever rings a big cast iron triangle, and they run into the wooden farm house or ramshackle shack to eat.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Well, Nerd Poker took a weird turn this week. And, I'm hungry for cheese.

The best bits are when they realized they first realized they were rats and saving throw against cheese.

I might complain about how they were rescued from the jaws of a total party wipe, but considering how the explosion went down I think it's pretty fair.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

They meandered so much they didn't even get around to doing I Love Movies

They're called films ok. Have some respect.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Scott Aukerman might have the worst Irish accent I've ever heard (It's even funnier because I live in Belfast)

It's terrifically awful. Like a Muppet-pirate or something.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm glad we have people as brave as the Scotts heading up this podcast. I can't think of anyone else who would have the balls to ask the question "What if U2 put out an album called Poop"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I wish Nerd Poker would get the full cast back.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
There's been a lot of loonie/toonie humor floating around recently.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
None of this would be a problem if more people would just listen to HH. Wake up America!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

you raise a lot of good points as someone who is obviously neck deep in the podcasting game and I can't exactly refute them, it's mostly that I just really love both Handbook and RSS, it was pretty much the first non-CBB or HDTGM podcast on earwolf that I listened to and it just hit this weird comedy nerve in me that not a lot of things I'm exposed to can.

There's no doubt that it completely sucks to have a show that's essentially costing you as much as HH or RSS do and as an outsider to the industry I'm sure I have no idea as far as the grand toll the show takes on the network in general.

I guess I had a question as well, something that's come up to me a few times recently listening to CBB, lately there's been the odd cross-promotion for different shows on earwolf, is it just that y'all consider HH to be too far gone at this point to be able to make up the ground? it just always struck me as odd to hear Scott or whoever tossing plugs in for topics or Andy Daly's show when (especially in the case of the podcast pilot project) it seems like you have a huge built-in audience for shows like that, but that same kind of built-in audience doesn't really exist for something like RSS or even the non Hayes & Sean centric shows on earwolf, guess I'm just kind of curious how those kind of calls are made, as far as promoting the smaller podcasts on the larger ones.

anyway I apologize if this was rambling but thanks for replying to my first dumb post anyway Jeff! We good.

I sort of remember ads for RSS being read a while back when it was new(ish).

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It kind of sucks because this season of The Real World has had the dumbest guys on it ever. RSS would have had so much to say, RIP etc.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

This is the second Earwolf podcast in as many weeks to incorrectly say Three 6 Mafia is from Atlanta. Seems like a conspiracy is afoot... Or maybe it was Scott talking about the Oscars a few weeks ago too.

The real conspiracy is how PFT did both you U Talking U2 2 Me and the Andy Daly podcast on St. Patrick's day.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

A bittersweet Nerd Poker this week. I'm not sure how I feel. I suppose it's exciting.

Babies be ruining podcasts.

I'm cool with it as long as Jerry is back for the new campaign.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

This Dave Thomas segment has pretty much killed me for all time for ever

Probably the best episode yet. Whole butt off etc.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The problem is PFTs podcast is already that basically.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

PFT doing a 5-minute scene where two or more of his characters have a pre-written conversation is not the same as the 80-minute improv madness of an ADPPP episode. Not even basically.

I mean, I assume you're talking about The Great Undiscovered Project, because he's not even doing characters during the rest of the Tompkast.

What I mean is that combined with all their repeated CBB appearances his characters have sort of had a lot of room to be developed, without a dedicated podcast. I'm not saying I wouldn't be excited to listen if e did make one, however.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I like Nerd Poker and enjoy listening to it but I think it would have been better if they took some time and got better prepared for this next part. Like at least have characters made and for Blaine to have some basic premise to get them a reason to join up. I guess I don't mind them going through the paces of making a character but if there was at least some skeleton they could follow it'd go smoother.

Or have an Asssscat kinda thing where they tell some stories and then make characters inspired by that. Sort of like what Ken did with Hug Denning. That character just sort of came about while they were bullshitting. Oh well. Too late now.

I'm guessing it'll be less bumpy next time, assuming that the next recording was done at a different time. I think they're playing with just some numbers hastily scratched on pieces of paper.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Todd Glass is great, but I can't listen to his podcast regularly because he gets so anxious sometimes it makes me feel anxious.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm just blue turtlin' here but I feel like I'm going to miss UTU2TM.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Weird episode of Nerd Poker. First of all, kids and podcast don't mix. Secondly, it just ends, like, mid sentence.

Yeah I imagine they'll upload a fixed version eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Bono is the lead guitarist I think.