Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Does he do that in addition to making better fitting men's apparel?

I think he's only authorized to give out t-shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'd trade them all for Juke Box Jury

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JayMax posted:

I hate stuff that relies on listener submissions because they try so hard to be funny. Would You Rather scenarios, plugs themes and catchphrases have been particularly grating lately.

Yeah but I like it when Scott is forced to hear garbage

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Oh the Adam Pally ep where he gets openly antagonistic with them is terrific too. Partially because I know that Adam Pally loves antagonistic improv and partly because Sean and Hayes fumbling is hilarious.

Follow Adam Twitter,

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Analyze Phish is a good podcast.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I have 33 too, weirdly. But I probably only really listen to 25, and several are once a month ones. I have a very long bus commute, and can listen to some at work if what I'm doing at the moment doesn't require real thought.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Good god people, who cares?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Sean and Hayes: the natural enemies of spookiness.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I laugh every time Scott drops a Jack Mack and the Heart Attack reference.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

A spectacular Hollywood Handbook today.

"Even for the sake of this?"

I was laffing and laffing

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm glad the McConaughey movies Maltin recommends in the most recent episode of his podcast are the ones he did. On a recent episode of Doug Loves Movies they were listing McConaughey movies and these didn't come up at all, and they're far and away my favorites he's been in.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Fiendly posted:

It would seriously be a much better podcast if they just completely dropped the facade of it being a Dungeons and Dragons game.

The D&D really picks up with Jerry is there. Mainly because he commits to it harder than anyone else.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't heard the most recent episode but I'll probably keep listening just because I think Lapkus is pretty funny/charming and I like poop jokes.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Like I said, you couldn't pay me to listen to those two loud idiots have a fake argument about a concept (the American canon), especially when WolfPop debuted funny and charming Maltin on Movies the same day.

Yeah you guys aren't really selling this by talking about how they argue weather or not a movie's good because of how sexist/racist it is. That's usually like the dullest, most predictable, and ultimately frustrating way to talk about a film.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's too bad Reality Show Show isn't around anymore, because this season of Real World has skellingtons in it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
So I've always assumed the transitional songs for the mini podcasts were dropped in later in UTU2TM. The live episode makes seem like they're played on the fly.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
One of my favorite segments was when they talked discussed how they directed the Godfather. Which I guess from googling is the Michael Showalter episode.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

goddammit I should've called April Fool's joke when I first thought of it. Think of all the podcast nerd cred I could've accrued

e: I mean it could be real. I hope it is. The preview was pretty funny.

I don't think it's a joke. If it was a april fools joke it'd be a pretty lame one, and one that didn't actually happen on April the 1st.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Which one was it when they mention hamburger sandwich??

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I thought it was fine and had some funny bits. I imagine it'll get better later on.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

That was hilarious, especially making a fake-smug statement about Americans not knowing anything.

That final statement scared me the poo poo out as usual, they can't joke about being cancelled like that :(

I think you can be forgiven for that seeing that's pretty much how Hayes dropped the news RSS was ending.

I'm scared too bud :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

I did not expect to hear a reference to Bonkers D. Bobcat in 2015. Hollywood Handbook is too good.

Yeah, totally nuts.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Semi-related: the Tig doc is good, I thought.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

What other podcast advertising companies than Midroll exist? I don't know much about the industry, but if they're handling Earwolf (obviously) WTF and Nerdist, that's a pretty sizable chunk.

What does carolla's network use?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I can't listen now and I'm jealous. Podcast jealousy.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

Hardcore Game of Thrones is perfect. Holy poo poo did the host nail Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. The voice, the mannerisms, the questionable metaphors, it goes on and on. And now I don't need to read the books! I think it's specific to the Howl app, so keeping multiple episodes downloaded is impossible though.

Yeah the vague description of that podcast alone was almost enough for me to get the app

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Besser's great idea was the 25 point hoop way above the normal basket.

I forgot that existed completely.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I downloaded all of Reality Show Show earlier today so I would always have access to it. This is your reminder to do the same, and also that Sean's story about his high school trip to the Louvre in the episode "Freaks Come Out at Night" is absolutely fantastic.

"That's right, go; go back to high school, little boy..."

Haha I was just thinking about that story.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Besson posted:

I Was There Too is my new favourite podcast. The Paul Rust episode is fascinating from start to finish.

Matt Gourley is also a great interviewer and always fun to be with.

Gourley should be more famous than he is for a bunch of reasons.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah I like Gabrus's podcast too. He's just a funny dude.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

soggybagel posted:

OHHHHHH LA LA

Who was doing that voice? Besser?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Has there been any talk of ADPPP season 2?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Besson posted:

Haha the first Tom Episode where they talk about Jeff Garlin:

"Have you ever heard the end of someone else's story?"

"No"

"Then you would be perfect for By the Way in Conversation"

I liked Jeff Garlin on Curb so much I was primed to like him on podcasts/interviews, but

I liked that one time on CBB when he bitched about celebrity chefs coming out to talk to him at restaurants and not being in the back cooking. It's like the most unrelatable thing anyone has ever said ever.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I feel like Gemberling just takes any chance he can get to talk about bestiality.

The proud and storied tradition of dog loving, you mean.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Greggy posted:

I have a podcast called Podcasts Are Wonderful where either my 11 year old son or a guest comes on to talk about other podcasts, and this week, to celebrate the one year anniversary of the show, I had Hollywood Handbook's Hayes Davenport on to talk about his appearance on Who Charted a few weeks ago.
On the podcast, my guests pretend to be celebrities, so Hayes was Johnny Depp. For the first time, I also had my son on with the guest, and he was Sean Clements (his idea). The response to this episode has been very good, and I know this thread really likes HH, so I thought I would share it here:
Here's a link to the specific episode
Here's an iTunes link, if that works better for you
If you give it a listen, thanks for your time! With it being a guest+kid episode, I think it gives you a good idea what the rest of the podcast is like.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's noisy muscular bazongas, Greggy.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

The Eric the Paid Intern man on the street clip in this week's I4H is just transcendent. First the guy insults the Clintons (Which you know Besser loves,) and then...Eric makes the most incredible transition from talking about traffic on the 405 I've ever heard.

Yeah I dip in and out of I4H and was glad I caught this episode.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The best part was when he was just reading that Sam Mendes articles and seemed surprised how over-the-top hollywood bullshitty it already was.

"You’re trying to surf the big wave, so be prepared to be wiped out — but when you catch it, it feels like nothing else."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Sean is also involved with Ash vs. The Evil Dead and that is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Every episode of Yo Is That Racist can be summed up by either "yes of course it is" or "the host doesn't know anything about anything"

Also it isn't funny.