Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
What was the REM HH episode? Is it in the newest one with Tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

My wrong opinion? HDTGM is better in studio than live.

:same:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

can't wait for this episode celebrating 9 years of CBB, the show with a canon of characters callbacks and in-jokes rivaling the very comic book series loved by its host (dear boy)

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Call me back when Matt "Comedy Void" Mira is replaced.

The least deserving man of a stable six-figure comedy writing career ever (outside direct family nepotism). Maybe he'll go down with Hardwick

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

About time someone took that fucker eban down a peg

*plays fight song on piano*
*PFT guffaws in background*

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

cams posted:

the thing you said is not different from the thing i said

you think it's an Inside Joke because your taste is special

everyone can relate to coworkers bailing for a supposedly-prestigious-job that blows up in their face and humbles them back to your level

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Yeah, plus it's a little bit harder to do the code-entering step with a bot.

Possibly also due to "private browsing"/adblocked web clients stripping cookies out of the equation.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I like that G&R seem like they are friends. I also like how they watched the movie together.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Goddamn Matt Mira sucks. gently caress.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Riptor posted:

If you're listening to James Bonding pay attention to how often Mira makes a horrendous joke and interrupts his own punchline with "UHHHH" and changes the subject

It's fascinating how frequent it is

you're right, but I just can't pay attention to something that undeserving of a comedy career

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Giving Matt Mira and Jonah Ray relevance is one of the worst things Chris Hardwick has ever done

2010s podcasting got 'Wicked and we're just now recovering

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The show should have been either Scott+PFT or Scott+PFT+Lauren+Gabrus

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

piratepilates posted:

the man does weigh 300lbs, a tad more than husky

He toppled his chair leaning back in a scene once. It was 4 years ago so maybe he was heavier then

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

god drat am I happy that $5/month isn't enough to break my budget.

my heart goes out to these homeless earwolf fans

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

cams posted:

i would pay 20 bucks to hear the unedited episode of the pro version where the boys talk about how they need extensive cuts for saying mean things

it was clearly about pete holmes, but they constantly talk poo poo on pete holmes so i need to know how deep they cut

What time is that in the episode?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Will does good work on I4H and CBB, and his Beatles and Spider-Man podcasts are both really fun, engaging, and casual—but I really wish he'd do his own purely comedic podcast, because as a huge fan of his for years in NYC his very specific sense of humor rarely comes across fully in any of his podcast work.

Will rules, and he loves to dunk on thirsty Comedy Sperg audience members. A nerd with confidence, work ethic, and a regular exercise regimen. A drat good nerd.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Paul ReiserFS posted:

If I join a Patreon for a podcast like Flagrant Ones or Doughboys Double or something, how do I get the episodes? Are there private RSS feeds or something?

Very straightforward friend: Patreon will email you with an RSS link. I always highlight+copy+paste the text of the URL because some podcatchers choke on Patreon’s referral link bullshit, which comes along with directly copying the HTML tag.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Tacier posted:

Thanks, I never understood what an RSS was, but I knew people used them to access podcasts somehow. I'm guessing the link you're talking about can simply be entered in the "add URL" box when searching for a podcast using the Overcast app?

Yeah, when you add podcasts the other way the app is just accessing the unseen RSS feeds

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

I just hope against hope that they renegotiate their contracts on-mic. I know Earwolf probably wouldn't let it happen, but after Sean and Hayes found out that Earwolf's NDA about them not being able to reveal their pay was illegal, it seems like the culmination.

What episodes / threads cover this stuff?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Is a third season of Threedom just dead in the water? I keep seeing notifications for "New Episodes", and it's always just an old ep coming out from behind the paywall. Anyone heard anything?

Can I expand on this and ask WTF Stitcher is doing? The widow Howlapp had more content years ago. This release schedule is pathetic and Earwolf should be ashamed to put their back catalogue on such a worthless service. I would cancel except for Hollywood Handbook and Questions for Lenon. Then maybe it'd be worth resubscribing one month per year to catch up Threedom/RBTV/etc like people do with HBO Now.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Yeah, it's cheap but I'd rather pay $10 or $15 / month and get 2 more A tier podcast episodes a week

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Rodgers is as good at impressions as Gabrus is terrible at them.

It's actually kind of impressive how accurate and subtle Rodgers' and Stanger's Arnolds are.

Gabrus said somewhere that doing impressions is a skill you're born with, so he's probably stuck in a fixed mindset about getting better. That or he can't fathom practicing talking

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Also it sounds insane but start from the beginning. You miss out on a lot of inside jokes if you don’t.

They go from "Stanger's bad IMDB trivia" to "reading movie posts by friendly mediterranean men on a sauna website" so smoothly, it's incredible

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Longshot:
Does anyone know the podcast episode (CBB?) where John Mulaney "jokes" that Matt Groening's initial creative input sucked? And that it was only the talented showrunners (Sam Simon & JLB) that made something of the Simpsons despite getting 1% of the credit. He was pretty brutal in a charming "John Mulaney" way

I don't think it's the Oh Hello episodes since I relistened(still good)

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

rollick posted:

I think it's ep 547. There's a Groening reference at 5.55, then a callback from 21.00 on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLaV-ta1Ve0

You loving rock dude

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Gourley should redo his James Bond podcast with Rust so I can actually listen to it!!!

There's probably enough of us to fund a deMatted edit for every episode

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

Wiger being a total rear end in a top hat to everybody in the beginning of this Deli Boyz ep is so great.

Which episode? Just subscribed to hear Nick and the newest one is May 31st

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

Those are the Patreon episodes, the one with Wiger’s call is on the main (free) feed

:hfive:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

celebritynetworth.com posted:

Amy Poehler Net Worth $25 Million

talk about pulling the ladder up behind you

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

Todays episode of Inside Conan has Andy Daly telling a rather incredible story. Definitely worth listening to.

Thanks, I'd been totally skipping the show

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

Wasn't she broken before then though?

She was a fun guest on the Pod F. Tompkast

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I don't want to start any drama or anything, and because i don't listen to enough Ear Wolf stuff, but who is Matt Besser and why is he passive aggressively sending Dan McCoy a copy of the card game Butthurt after Dan offhandedly commented after some LA Comedy circle jerk article came out talking about How Did This Get Made that The Flop House predated it.

thanks for linking to that article, or the original article, or anything useful

you're old enough to register in 2003, posted in the Earwolf thread, and still don't know what UCB is?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

You'll love it twistedmeat, it's the best movie the Apatow crew made. I like Stepbrothers but Walk Hard takes everything to a new level

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

I also quit listening immediately because I hate confrontation. I presume Matt was fired on the spot.

Matt is (was?!) his close friend

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Loved the bit in Congo about Amy demanding alcohol and sexual satisfaction. Man, they hated that movie. Five stars.

I've been going back through old episodes recently and Marked for Death is just incredible, start to finish. The film itself is crazy and they're all on their A-game. Seagal being not only a good guy, but "the best guy," as Stanger puts its, leads to maybe the filthiest, most relentless riffs they've ever done. "John...let me eat your poo poo."

That YT channel has great AB and HH clips

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Unbelievable episode of I4h, good god Matt Besser is a bitch

Is this about Bernie again?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Stitcher really needs new weekly content with Earwolf favorites. I listen to guest episodes but they keep losing regular stuff and running limited series

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Relistening to Raised by TV and I wish Gabrus & Lapkus teamed up more, they have great chemistry

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Man, the latest High and Mighty is kind of depressing for Gabrus. He sounds so earnest and powerless about wanting to be in an action movie (any action movie) yet not getting any work for the last year. He's living comfortably but I want him to have a growing career like Lapkus and not endlessly audition. Also why wasn't he in Between Two Ferns?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Where is the interview with Jess and Zach?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's the latest fan funded with laser episode.

Thanks, took a second to parse that as a title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Thoroughly enjoyed the live Action Boyz show. Not really "worth" $10 as a sloppy 2 hour fuckaround but they've earned so much good will that I'm happy to pay