Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Deadpool posted:

I actually found the PFT episode quite good. The magic of PFT. Plus it was a good idea to do one long episode. I skipped the Kremer and Sklar episodes because I don't like Kremer or the Sklars. The Jon Daly episodes were ok, but Daly was being a bit too wacky at times. PFT, as always, found a good balance. Don't know who next week is, but I hope it's someone that can do the same.

I think it's Dave Holmes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Am I just wicked out of the hoodie game, or is $60 loving bananas for a hoodie?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Reality Show Show is great. Listen to it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is RSS this week just the audio of the live show, or is it all new?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

So is my computer hosed up or is the latest live Who Charted insanely quiet?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I would give up every game as long as What am I Thinking never comes back.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Them hassling that one caller about seeing Vibes was one of their best moments. TRSS is battling neck and neck with MBMBAM for my favorite podcast.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The blatant mocking of the cell phone sponsor on TRSS was amazing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I voted for Space Jam even though I love Space Jam.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Time for a third run through of RSS. Please come back Hayes and Sean, Hayes and Sean.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I guess I'll just curl up and die.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

escape artist posted:

I listened to them when I was 12 and 13. I was into all of that crap. Then I turned 14. (I can't believe they still exist by the way, that was 13 years ago.)

I just don't see the appeal of adults painting their faces and showering themselves with soda and listening to objectively bad music. With Phish, at least, there's some good music and better drugs.

I try not to be horribly judgmental but it's just a phenomenon that I am fascinated and appalled by.

You do realize that there are still 13 year olds right?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The last few live eps of HDTGM have been fantastic.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Beerdeer posted:

Who Charted is great today. The guest host is pathetic and Scott lets a Death Ray slip.

Scott's naked disdain is phenomenal.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The concept of a podcast being cancelled is the dumbest loving thing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Then you live in a world where renting out studio space is free and audio engineers work out of the goodness of their heart.

Actually it's a world where anyone can make a podcast and trying to build a corporation around it is like trying to absorb the worst aspects of tv, movies, etc. for some reason.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's a small business. It's not a corporation and it's not some hippie collective. Grown ups have to make money to pay bills. Nobody is getting rich off Earwolf, let alone making a profit.

If you want your podcasts sound quality to sound like absolute poo poo, you can record it at home like Julie Klausner or Neal Brennan or Todd Barry. If you want your podcast to sound good, then you have to rent studio space with professional recording equipment and trained engineers who can edit the sound.

That's why UYD and MBMBaM are so great, because of their studio quality recording equipment. I understand they need to make money to produce podcasts their way, I just think it's dumb to cancel a podcast over "low numbers" BUT ALSO IT IS ALL SPECULATION AT THIS POINT SO I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I AM ARGUING ABOUT. TIIIIIIIING.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Can someone kindly explain this to me?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I just wish that they had invited Andy back on to discuss Vibes.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I need PFT to do CBB as Captain Phillips.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

So Zouks is on the Greatest Event In Television History and continues to be the best.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Andy Daly has elevated podcasting to a new level of art.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Andy Daly for comedy person of the year.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

urk the quack posted:

Totally agree! It's a good podcast with guests I've never heard of, and amazing with some guests like PFT.

Everyone should check the last few pages of the SPY thread, it goes over the other great guests (Kinane, Tobin, ect.)

Where is there a SPY thread?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I mean, if they talk about The Challenge, they might as well talk about a few other reality shows while they're at it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Armen seems like an incredibly irritating person to be around but he's basically a perfect temp as long as there are people to make fun of him. I can only imagine how terrible TC must have been this month.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Scott loves Torque

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

They should let Hayes and Sean host

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I feel that the politics of late night tv haven't really been thoroughly dissected and I (and I'm sure the chumps in those loving flyover states) really appreciate their insider perspective.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

jesus christ this is horrible

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

pft was on the indoor kids this very week talking about how much he likes video games

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

i don't understand it. they presumably have access to whatever equipment nerdist has but it always sounds like they record in a garage. the quality gets better after the intro but its real echo-y.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

JethroMcB posted:

And tells the same story about the "Skyrim, huh?" break-in on both.

I thought it was weird that he made that very specific and spot-on criticism of Bioshock Infinite, but figured "Well it's right at the start of the game, maybe he just saw someone else do it in a writer's room or something." It really is a surprising revelation that he's genuinely into them. Wonder what system he's playing on, is he playing Destiny? Can he fill out my fireteam for HM Crota?

xbox 1, and yes apparently he plays destiny

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I cannot believe they got U2 to do their stupid wonderful show

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The entire backstory of UTU2TM might make it the greatest podcast of all time

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

i think that's why rss stands so far above HH (and every other podcast) for me. The mix of sincere and character stuff on that show was pretty much perfect imo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Back To 99 posted:

and why aren't there any new episodes of the reality SHOW show? :argh:

Life is hell

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah its weird. It doesnt download automatically but its always in the show feed when I go looking for it, I just have to download it manually.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Do you think Cody has seen Vibes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Berzerker posted:

That episode did a good job of making Mike Lawrence look like a dumb idiot

That and every other thing I've seen him in