Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hell, I thought it was Dangerfield at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I cry a little inside whenever I skip past Shark Tank on tv.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I wonder what happened with VPN. I'm guessing it just wasn't very successful but what do I know. Maybe Earwolf will start doing shows on it again.

My guess is that earwolf signed the contract and then didn't feel like they were getting anything out of it outside of having content delayed to be released on their own network. Podcast listeners are probably very strict as to when they can listen/watch them and having a set time probably led to lackluster live watchers.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

"Guess where we are!"

I'm going to be so sad when this run of shows is over.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:laffo: Jesus originated it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I typically have podcasts running in the background so don't mind letting the ads run instead of having to go to the program and try to skip ahead. I mean I went and checked out Bonobos so maybe it works, but the only time I've purchased things is when I needed something from Amazon already and picked one of the podcasts I like to use their link.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well one way to boost up your viewership (we know they aren't viewers) is to cross promote yourself. Sean and Hayes have a few really nice podcasts in their own network, but have they ever been guests on any of them? I4H would be hard to get on, but I doubt CBB or HDTGM would be out of the question. Maybe they have and I just don't remember it? I've enjoyed HH, but it will never hold a candle to RSS, RIP you sweet angel.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

"It's just like a turd going in backwards."

"Oh, ok"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My favorite moments are the entire interview with The Bachelor woman and the GAMECHANGE involving stealing the pickles.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm tempted to create an account just to post "When is there going to be more Cyberthug Radio?"

I am nervous and I think you are only doing this for the sweet "Chairman" title, but I can't blame ya for that.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

jeffullrich posted:

Nervous, like nervous that I'm not really leaving?

No, nervous in that I think you and Scott were a really good working partnership. You could be the bad guy when need be, and he only had to worry about those trademark puns. Will this new guy have that? Time will tell I suppose, and I doubt you would hand it off to someone who couldn't do it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Plug themes have been on point recently man, to each his own I guess.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I love how later Scott defended himself by saying that those songs WEREN'T off his playlist, but that he was getting them from iTunes.

Which we all know is a lie, his favorite song ever is Batdance.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I enjoy HH when I listen to it, but it's just too far down on the list for me to listen to regularly with my available time:

1) CBB
2) UYD
3) random trivia/history podcasts don't judge
4) I4H
5) HDTGM
6) Todd Glass (guest depending)
7) HH
8) DLM (top 3 if good guests)

And if the giant bombcast slips in before it then goodnight, because that fucker is 2+ hours.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SpacePig posted:

I'm only just now getting around to listening to YTU2TM after those recent animations, and wow did I completely misjudge this show from the beginning. I listened to the first episode awhile back, and it was way too U2 for me, but everything since then has been great. I just want PFT in the background of all of them.

It's pretty hardcore about U2, they even know the names of the band members.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Adam please let Scott have Gelman back on the podcast. I know he wants to have him back but that old sourpuss Jeff Ulrich banned him.

Also Hi, on a serious note I love the work y'all are doing

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Pryor on Fire posted:

The trend of multi-millionaires using crowdfunding to pay for their pet projects is something that it's legit ok to be upset about.

In general I agree with you, but I don't think Scotty Aucks is rolling around in a Bentley with all that IFC money. Someone should ask him how much he makes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

And don't even ask about the plumbing...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Maybe Todd will make enough money to hire funny people to be on the podcast again. :colbert:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Excuse me

Ronna and Beverly can be super funny when I am in the mood for their style of humor.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tacier posted:

I wonder if Paul will find occasion to bring out Frank Stallone.

He's a good kid

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Josh Horowitz must have some crazy connections to get these guests, holy crap.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

a worthy uhh posted:

Jeff, not that you are necessarily personally culpable for it, but I feel like your promise to avoid scummy advertisers isn't being upheld anymore. Internet loans, fantasy football gambling... Stick with pants and web hosting please! Hearing Scott try to sell me a personal loan feels dirty.

Counterpoint: I don't care what you advertise if it makes you happier/more money/able to make us more free entertainment. Maybe it's years of listening to AM radio, but I am numb to it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The earwolf newsletter just teased Horatio news coming tomorrow. Hopefully it's a podcast for driving directions in the LA area.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

mennoknight posted:

I could not handle the Hooray Show. Probably just Kattan, I'll give it another shot, but it just felt slapped together.

I enjoyed it but it felt disjointed and the editing probably only enhanced Kattan's creepiness. I'll definitely give it another go with a different guest.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

DrVenkman posted:

The Canon got a little heated when talking about Inception. I still think it's Nolan's best, BUT it is emotionally cold. That's just a Nolan problem all over though. I'd like to see them tackle The Dark Knight because the last third of that movie is a whole lot of a mess.

The woman on it is driving me away from listening. Like her long insistence that 3rd graders all know who Ariadne is.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

tnimark posted:

Bro.

Edit: Holy poo poo this is really good. Why can't funny people host late night shows all the time?

Edit 2: I really can't stress enough how good this is. Asking the football player what his favourite font is and if he likes to use bold in emails.

Watching it now and agree'ing with all of this. They are a great duo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kdrudy posted:

Have a lot of hope for Lapkus's podcast this week, the title is The Tom Leykis Radio Program.

I heard he's doing great.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

She was like the way a gangsta would describe a horse's walk, distraught.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

This is not what I wanted to read when clicking on unread posts :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Eh. When he has good guests, it's one of my favorite podcasts. The other episodes I just don't listen to.

He's been on a roll lately. The last 5 or so episodes have been great.

I just saw Eddie Peppitone and Daniel Kinno, yay Daniel is back. Should be crazy. Also I haven't listened to Horatio's podcast yet but I will now make the effort since it has the Conduit Seal Of Approval.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Naming the show after something you've done already is just another layer of subterfuge for a great April Fools Day prank.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

i love the hooray show

I'm still episodes behind, but it's basically sunshine for my ears

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

RIP Birthday Boys the tv show

:smith:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Slackerish posted:

Andy Daly was on Speakeasy today and announced that he's actually doing a second season of the podcast project :)

You are my favorite poster

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

Can I be your 2nd favorite poster? I just saw that he's on today's Dead Authors Podcast (as L. Ron Hubbard) today too!

oh man this should be good

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah podcast advertising existed before Midroll. I am not sure how much demand Hooray Show would have, but it may very well have been them asking for something they knew they wouldn't get, in order to go solo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The entire backstory of UTU2TM might make it the greatest podcast of all time

UTU2TMTM?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Eel hovercraft posted:

Oh boy, I guess I can stop listening to CBB if they decide to paywall their top podcasts.

I can't imagine that will be the end result, it would harm Midroll to put any of their big boys behind a paywall, and reduce the exposure that they have. Which is the primary motivation for the guests and such. But it's a nice option for people who don't mind dropping $5 a month to get rid of ads, and give them some direct cash that would easily amount to more than their ad rate would be hurt.

Also most people will be enticed by the specials and then just not cancel the monthly charge because we are lazy and it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ugh I didn't even consider the archives going behind the paywall, I change my opinion to "gently caress that"