Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strobe posted:

You want the Starter Box
Minimum two more small ships, more probably 3 at $15 each (2x TIE Defenders or Phantoms, 3x X-Wing or 1x X-Wing and 2x B-Wing)

I'm also just getting into this, and my first buy was the starter set. It's good that I don't have budget constraints though, because my next buy was three TIE Interceptors and I'm going to get Imperial Aces when it's in-stock again.

I really, really like the Interceptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How do people generally build TIE Interceptor lists? Soontir Fel's ability is really good and it's tempting to give him a skill that goes well with it, but then you're looking at 30+ points for one ship that has no shields. You can put a shield upgrade on it, but then you're looking at 35 points. Similarly, it doesn't seem like you'd want to run low pilot skill Interceptors since they're somewhat pricy and fragile.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

enri posted:

Played against a guy running 3 interceptors a few weeks back, basically tooled them up to the eyeballs.. all I remember is that they all had stealth devices which made life hard

Lunatic Pathos posted:

People generally run super Fel plus a mini-swarm.

Thanks - from the sound of it, I'm better off either running Fel + PtL + shields and then all PS1 Inties, or trying something like Fel + Turr + Fel's Wrath with shield upgrades and skills.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lunatic Pathos posted:

By mini-swarm I meant your bog standard Howl+Academies. Alphas aren't really worth the points for +1 attack. They die too quickly. More TIE Fighters are better.

zVxTeflon posted:

Some really good lists ive played against/seen flown are

Awesome, thanks - I'll give some of these a try. I'm also going to try this:

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Stealth Device (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Stealth Device (3)

Turr Phennir (25)
Predator (3)
Stealth Device (3)

Total: 100

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

enri posted:

Just to follow up on this, UK people still looking to get Imperial Aces, there's been a re-print and most places seem to be getting stock back in today / tomorrow. Got mine ordered from https://www.the-outpost.co.uk who are a generally nice bunch of guys (and they have an extra 10% off offer on their facebook page at the moment, which will get the set down to £20.25 + P&P)

Bargain! :v:

Star Wars: Imperial Aces Expansion Pack
Available 30th Sep

Leisure Games don't appear to be back in stock either. :(

e; looks like Orcs Nest have it, but their delivery prices are a bit ridiculous: http://www.orcsnest.com/blurber.asp?Title=Imperial%20Aces%20Expansion%20Pack

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 3, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hooray! :toot: (sorry for the terrible photo)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 5, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I was the one playing against Tekopo, and I think I did okay considering I literally bought the starter set this week. :v:

The elite Intie list mentioned is the one I posted a couple of pages ago: Fel (PtL, stealth, shield), Jax (PtL, stealth) and Turr Phennir (Predator, stealth). It was my first ever game, so I did garbage - forgot Phennir had Predator or his pilot ability entirely and never got Jax within range 1 of an enemy. I can't tell if the list would have been viable if I hadn't been poo poo, though - three 30+ point ships with no real shields is rough to play.

I ran Fel (PtL), Howlrunner (Swarm) and 4x Academy for the second game against his Etahn + two Blue Squadron B-wings with advance sensors and at least one heavy laser cannon and fared much better - the TIE swarm let Fel manoeuvre a lot easier and was also quite a lot of concentrated firepower. In the end, I lost three TIEs and Fel took two hull damage but survived (Howlrunner was unscathed due to some astonishingly bad attack rolls and good defence ones), but wow, all my named pilots feel super fragile (stealth disappearing when hit doesn't help). :ohdear:

Third game was Wedge (R2, flechette), Biggs (R2-D2, hull) and Tycho Celchu (PtL, proton rocket) against two Defenders and Echo with advanced cloaking. Managed to down Echo in the end (the 2 bank barrel roll feels like total bullshit) but my poo poo asteroid placement and underestimating how fast Defenders are meant I split Wedge/Biggs up early, which was obviously a mistake. Also, both of them ended up with cockpit damage. :(

Tycho Celchu did far better at surviving but didn't do much damage and never fired his rocket. He's amazingly good, though - A-wing plus his ability plus PtL makes for some absurd speed/manoeuvrability. In the end, I hosed up a boost and so ran him off the table. :v:

All in all, I had a lot of fun!

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 6, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Going to try to run this in a couple of weeks, and see how badly it does:

Royal Guard Pilot (22)
Push the Limit (3)

Sabre Squadron Pilot (21)

Alpha Squadron Pilot (18)

Total: 100

I'd put stealth on the RG and downgrade the Sabre to an Alpha if I had Slave 1, but I don't and I'm trying to keep it tournament-legal. :v:

I'm kind of afraid of fielding PS1/zero shield ships that expensive, but it's a lot of massed firepower.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 7, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Can you have more than one stress token on any time? I'm wondering what happens if you field Tycho with PtL - you can take actions while stressed, so you can K-turn and do an action; then PtL triggers off you doing an action, which means you could also use it. Would you end up with two stress tokens? Could you keep racking them up?

Also, I'd appreciate some feedback on the 5 Interceptor list I posted a bit earlier if anyone has any. I have no idea how badly it's going to run. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 7, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Does Etahn's ability apply to all attacking ships or only him? One guy in my playgroup thinks that it's only him, as other abilities that share are worded differently, but everything else I've seen seems to indicate otherwise. Is there an official rulings page somewhere?

It's a little weirdly worded, but his ability triggers "when an enemy ship inside your firing arc at Range 1-3 is defending," not "when you fire on an enemy ship." As written it affects every enemy ship that is within his printed arc, at range 1-3 and defending, regardless of what they are defending from.

e; in other news, I caved and bought a Firespray-31 today. I don't know how I'll fit it in a 100 point list but some of the stuff you can do with it and Krassis/Kath with a Merc Copilot look really, really fun.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dulkor posted:

Run it with a mini-swarm of Fighters or give it a bit less equipment (usually just the HLC) and use it as the fire support/tank for a couple aces. Those builds tend to work well for me.

I feel like I could do something like this:

Krassis Trelix: Heavy Laser Cannon, Mercenary Copilot, Stealth Device (48)
Howlrunner: Elusiveness, Stealth Device (23)
Black Squadron (14)
Black Squadron (14)
Total: 99

Or drop Holwrunner and run 4x Obsidian Squadron instead. Play keepaway with Krassis, fly the TIEs alongside him to force the enemy to either engage the Firespray at range 3 (where I want them) or put themselves in range of the TIEs, potentially at range 1. I could run Kath with Marksmanship instead, but that's 5 more points I'd have to fetch from somewhere (dropping the four Obsidians to Academys).

Alternatively:

Krassis Trelix: Heavy Laser Cannon (43)
Soontir Fel: Push the Limit (30)
Turr Phennir: Veteran Instincts (26)
Total: 99

But that's a hell of a lot of points tied up in two very fragile ships.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Is there some official FAQ/rules listing like there is Oracle for Magic the Gathering?

There's a FAQ, but it's three months old and does not have Etahn on it: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=174&esem=4

e; as a random aside, it's super weird that the Rebels keep getting these pilots and astromech upgrades with neat synergies/force multiplier effects like Tarn+R7, Biggs, Dutch, Etahn, etc. whereas the Imperials have basically jack poo poo for force multipliers or synergies between pilots (there's Howl, and then sort of Vader + Squad Leader, and then the shuttle but that's a support ship anyway). The Empire are the ones supposed to have a well-trained army, the Rebels are supposed to be a rag-tag bunch of farmers, pirates and smugglers. Where's all my fun combo potential on the Imperial side? :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 9, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

alg posted:

Howlrunner is pretty much better than anything Rebels can put up, when it comes to force multipliers. By a huge margin.

The point is the Rebels have far more pilots with interesting abilities that affect the whole list whereas the Imperials are stuck with getting lots of pilots whose abilities just give themselves a boost, or Howlrunner who is conducive to running swarm lists and not much else.

I'd like to see them print Imperial equivalents of Biggs or Dutch or whatever, so that list-building becomes more varied and interesting. It's much more fun building a four ship list with three named pilots whose abilities boost each other in fun and interesting ways than "Holwrunner, fill rest of points with Academy pilots, fly in formation."

midge posted:

The list I'm planning on taking to nationals is :

Yeah, I'd be tempted to run something like that if I want to use it at 100 points, but I find mini TIE swarms kind of boring.

I was mulling over Boba + Navigator last night, just because for 42 points you have a decent dogfighter with lots of HP and the ability to flip any bank manoeuvre to any other bank manoeuvre when you reveal your dial, which is pretty crazy. A bit lacking in offensive power (but not that much, with two arcs that fire at 3 dice), but you should be able to go pretty much wherever you want towards the end of the activation phase and shoot even when facing away from the enemy. If they go for Boba, you have 58 points of other stuff that can shoot them; if they forget Boba, he can run circles around them while they're shooting your other ships.

e; man, FFG's customer service rocks. One of the Interceptors I bought was damage in the box (the damage wasn't visible from the outside), I submitted a request Saturday and I don't know when they updated it, but it looks like they're just going to send me a replacement Interceptor.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 9, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Leo Showers posted:

It's really just my two cents, and I have definitely thought about how if I want to run a swarm of ships I need to consider paying "Howlrunner Tax". I think more options would be neat but I don't really want to overlap and have symmetrical abilities.

Yeah - I don't want them to literally print Biggs' ability on an Imperial pilot (though I wouldn't complain if they did :v:), I want an Imperial pilot that can similarly fill the role of helping keep your important named pilots alive (and isn't putting Draw Their Fire on a 3 hull, 0 shield Black Squadron TIE). I have no idea what they could print that would do this without stepping on Biggs' toes, though.

edit: actually, how about something like "at the start of the combat phase, you can reduce your agility by 1 and increase the agility of a ship within range 1 by 1?" That's not Biggs but it would do something similar. Maybe have it give you 1 stress, too.

alg posted:

You mean like Darth Vader + Squad Leader? Or Captain Jonus? Captain Yorr, or Colonel Jendon? Just because Imperial pilots don't do the same things as Rebel pilots doesn't mean they don't have as many options.

I don't want to have a big a argument, but they definitely don't seem to have as many options. Just for a quick comparison, here are all the pilots on each side with team-oriented abilities (that either buff other friendlies or debuff enemies):

Rebel: Etahn A'baht, Roark Garnet, Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors, Biggs Darklighter, Garven Dreiss, Wes Jansen, Lando Calrissian, Dutch Vander, Airen Cracken

Imperial: Kath Scarlett, Captain Yorr, Colonel Jendon, Captain Kagi, Captain Jonus, Howlrunner, Carnor Jax

There's also Vader indirectly (Squad Leader).

As you can see, the Rebels have quite a few more pilots with team-oriented abilities, plus astromechs that combo well with pilot skills (like Tarn + R7 or Dutch + R5-K6).

I'm saying it would have been nice to have one or two of the TIE Fighter/Interceptor named pilots provide buffs/debuffs, rather than all the Interceptor pilots and nearly all the TIE ones being "ace" types that don't synergise with other pilots. Especially since Imperials don't get astromechs or (for the most part) secondary weapons, so list-building for them is a lot more straightforward.

I'm also not saying the game is unbalanced or anything, just that I'd like list-building for the Imperials to be a bit more interesting. :)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 9, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

alg posted:

Carnor Jax also debuffs enemy pilots.

Good point, I forgot about him.

Anyway, adding more team-oriented pilots to the Imperial side wouldn't make the game any less asymmetrical - both sides would still have totally different ships and pilots. I do wish Howlrunner hadn't been as good as she is, though (like, 90% of the tournament-winning Imperial lists I've seen run Howl + four TIEs). :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You could also downgrade Night Beast to an Obsidian Squadron and slap Royal Guard Interceptor and a Targeting Computer on Fel. Being able to Boost/Barrel Roll + PtL Target Lock and end up with a TL and a Focus token really helps land those shots when you're not at range 1, and you can still Boost/Roll/Evade + PtL Focus (to end up with two Focus and one Evade/two Focus and having repositioned) when you're in danger of getting shot at.

e; anyone have experience flying Carnor Jax in a swarm? I've seen a bunch of swarm lists with Jax in them, I'd like to know if the idea is to fly him in formation and get him to range 1 with the swarm (which seems like he'd get shot quickly), or if you roam with him and try to get to range 1 from behind/the side at the same time as the TIEs get there (which seems finnicky).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jul 10, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Do we have any idea what the other two wave 5 releases are going to be (assuming there's four like previous waves), yet?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Iceclaw posted:

What should I buy next?

Get one X-wing so you have two with the cards from both the starter set and X-wing blister, for sure. You'll also definitely want Rebel Aces when it's out, for extra options for your B-wing (as well as getting a second B-wing). After that, you might want to grab one A-wing (so you have the cards from that and two A-wings total with the one from Rebel Aces).

Or at least, that's what I'm planning on doing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, congrats for placing top 8 - I'm playing around with a similar list so it's nice to know it works.

Also, I'd see about having a word with the TO - there might be nothing they can do now, but you never know.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, why the hell would you not be able to change your dials before the activation phase begins?

Once you're in the activation phase, it's obviously a different matter entirely.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tekopo posted:

The defender has been pretty good the times I've tried it, you really need to exploit the white k-turn though.

I can't stand the Defender, it's ugly as sin, but those white K-turns are loving nuts.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I just wish they weren't so horribly, horribly ugly. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

alg posted:

There are still an assload of EU ships and ships from the video games to make

They are mostly running out of "true" Imperial ships - there's a fuckton of armed civilian ships/ships from specific planets they could release, but not that really fit within either faction (they would probably fit better in with the Rebels as a general kind of "civilian ships converted to fight" thing than with the Imperial armed forces).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

alg posted:

Yeah but there are a ton of bounty hunter / scum ships to use still. That's why they won't make a 3rd faction.

I don't know, that's actually a pretty good reason to make a "third faction" of pirates/bounty hunter/general scum.

I mean, between the Hutt and Black Sun, there are enough big criminal factions in Star Wars that there's justification for them fighting Imperial or Rebel squadrons, and there's a lot of ships that would fit better in a pirate faction than tacked on to Imperials or Rebels. On top of that, FFG could just make them fieldable by both sides - that would be a perfect way of adding more ships to the game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tippis posted:

That, or just open up for three-way brawls over some common objective

Yeah - it'd be neat for scenario design, as well as setting up three-player FFAs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Madurai posted:

Whatever you think of the prequels and the Clone Wars series, lovely ship designs isn't one of the criticisms you can legitimately make.

Counterpoint:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The replacement for my damaged Interceptor literally just arrived, and somehow managed to make it from the US to the UK without being crushed in transit. :toot:

Really impressed with FFG's customer service.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Played some more against Tekopo this afternoon, here's what I ran (I probably have a lot of his upgrades wrong, since I didn't memorise his lists, so Tekopo can correct me if needed):

Game 1
Royal Guard Push the Limit
Sabre Squadron
3x Alpha Squadron

vs.

Tekopo's serious list
Etahn A'baht
Ten Numb Advanced Sensors
Airen Cracken
Bandit Squadron

I basically got summarily destroyed. Granted, I didn't really fly the list that well, but my plan of "drive the three Alphas up the middle so the RG and Sabre can flank the enemy" did not work at all; the Alphas got destroyed in two turns without managing to do anything thanks to their abysmal PS1, and the RG/Sabre were deployed way out of range to do anything due to also having lower PSes than most of what Tekopo could field. Five Interceptors is a dumb gimmick that can't work and I'm giving up on running Interceptors without PtL, or Interceptors other than Soontir Fel. Wish I hadn't bought three blisters of them, I should've saved myself £26. :(

Game 2
Krassis Trelix Heavy Laser Cannon, Mercenary Copilot
Howlrunner
3x Academy Pilot

vs.

Tekopo's dumb ion cannon gimmick list
2x Gold Squadron Ion Cannon Turret
2x Blue Squadron Ion Cannon

This did much better, on account of my not flying a dumb gimmick list and Tekopo not flying a good list. Despite the absurd amount of punishment the B- and Y-wings can take, I managed some okay formation flying with the TIEs and thus landed some good damage his ships. Tekopo hadn't noticed the rear firing arc on the Firespray-31, so that managed to catch him off-guard and got me a B-wing kill. :v:

All in all, this was a pretty good list but Howlrunner died too soon to contribute anything (I hosed up in the middle of an asteroid field and had to split the swarm so she only affected two shots in the entire game, and then Tekopo focus-fired her and killed her in one turn) to contribute anything and I wondered if I shouldn't just take four regular TIEs instead. I lost two TIEs and Howlrunner, but Trelix survived with 5 hull left and Tekopo forfeited when he was down to one Y-wing with no shields.

Game 3
Krassis Trelix Heavy Laser Cannon, Mercenary Copilot, Stealth Device
4x Obsidian Squadron

vs.

Tekopo's "let's try out the YT-1300" list
Chewbacca C3PO crew
Tycho Celchu Push the Limit, Proton Rocket, Munitions Failsafe
Arvel Crynyd

I think the YT-1300 made my shitlist as a result of this game. While it didn't do a huge amount, my focus-firing it meant that Tekopo's A-wings managed to essentially wipe out everything. An early proton rocket hit on the Firespray took off 3 of my shields before the game had properly started, and then chip damage from Tycho and Arvel eventually did the Firespray in. The Falcon was really nasty since it's immune to critical effects, C3PO always guarantees it one evade and it has a 3-dice primary that gives no shits about firing arcs; ignoring it would have been a mistake, but it turned out not ignoring it was also a mistake since I couldn't touch the A-wings, which eventually wiped out my TIEs with 5 HP left between the two of them.

Arvel's ability turned out to be surprisingly good in play, but he's in the somewhat dubious position of being a pilot who would be totally better if his PS were one or two points lower so he could block more efficiently.

Despite my better judgement (although it's still nowhere near as ugly as the Defender), I've ordered a Phantom, so the next game I play I will probably try to run one of the following two lists:

Echo Veteran Instincts, Advanced Cloaking
Soontir Fel Push the Limit, Stealth Device
Carnor Jax Push the Limit, Stealth Device

Or, for kicks, a two-ship Imperial list:

Echo Veteran Instincts, Advanced Cloaking, Gunner, Fire Control System
Kath Scarlet Marksmanship, Heavy Laser Cannon, Mercenary Copilot, Shield Upgrade

(The second list has four points to spare, so no idea what I'll put in there.)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 20, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Leo Showers posted:

It's a really hit and miss gimmick, but now that a few lists are running Etahn it's made even harder, because Squints ain't poo poo if they dishin' out crits. I've had to retire the PS1 and PS3 Interceptors for the moment too because I just am not having the same good time as I was before. Mercifully PtL Interceptors are alright still.

Yeah. Someone suggested a 4x RG with PtL list and I reckon that could work decently - PS6 and PtL is a good mix. Sadly, I don't own two Imperial Aces and I'm trying to keep my lists tournament-legal.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Oh, yeah: on top of the Echo/Soontir/Jax and Echo/Kath lists, I will probably also try a mini Howl swarm with Soontir. That will probably also work a lot better than any list with multiple Inties in it. :(

e; something like this: http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:-1:1:;18:9:-1:1:;12:9:-1:-1:;16::-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:

Alternatively, I could fit Turr Phennir in instead of Howlrunner: http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:-1:1:;27:27:-1:1:;11::-1:-1:;11::-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 21, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'd argue that Tycho is better than Fel, since he has 4 HP (two of which are shields) and he can use PtL even when stressed.

Anyway, on that French nationals article:

quote:

Of note was the prize given to the top 16: giant versions of Boba Fett’s Firespray card that were signed by Jeremy Bulloch, the Actor that portrayed Fett in episode V and VI!

This is super cool and :3:.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ropes4u posted:

If The wife and I were to purchase only the core set would we have enough to play a game?

You would have enough models to play a tutorial game, which is ~25 points on either side, keeping in mind that a "full" list is 100 points and that the game is better the more ships you have on the table.

You would also have one set of dice, range rulers, etc., which is enough for two people to play against each other without any real issues.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TouchToneDialing posted:

I did my first full model paint on a Firespray. I used the Ralph Mcquarrie Boba Fett concept scheme as inspiration and I was really happy with how it turned out.

Congrats, that looks super awesome!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
By contrast, literally the first Imperial release outside of the core set had a female pilot in it. :v:

Gerbil_Pen posted:

I just picked one up as my first addition to the base set (along with the Millennium Falcon to balance the sides).

I'd be interested to know what people think of Slave 1 (particularly when staged against the Millennium Falcon).

The Firespray is great. The pilots that come with it all have interesting and useful abilities, its dial is really good for a large ship, it has great firepower and a secondary firing arc that covers the rear, and it comes with some very good cards for your other ships. Definitely a great buy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

My favourite part of this is the Fel's Wrath/Corran Horn interaction ruling which can result in zombie Fel's Wrath getting an entire turn past when he's dead. :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

plester1 posted:

Is R2 legal there? I thought the YT-1300 had no droid slots.

There's a crew member version of R2-D2.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If nothing else, we could do with a new OP so that thread opens with a post in which more than 10% of the images work.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The VT-49 looks loving amazing and will be a day 1 buy for me. I'm really liking Imp large ships more than the small ships (although, really, it's only Interceptors I'm disappointed in :v:).

Also, I hope wave 6 brings us an Imperial equivalent of the Tantive IV. I want to run epic battles where two frigates fire turbolaser broadsides at each other. :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If it's an Imperial huge ship, I hope it's not just a CR90 with a paintjob. There's a couple of decent options for Imp corvettes: the Vigil-class has that Star Destroyer look going for it, but is ~100m longer than the CR90. Alternatively, there's the Imperial Customs light corvette which looks awesome but isn't Imperial Navy, and the two prong design might be tricky to do in plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

Red 5 is the specific X-Wing with 5 red bars on the s-foils and candy cane stripes on two of its laser cannons. It would be a Title card, if there was anything notable about it besides the paint job. Luke only used Red Five as a callsign because that's the ship he climbed into.

The difference is that Red 5 is the callsign for pilot #5 in Red Squadron who is piloting the Red 5 X-wing. For contrast, Civé Rashon's equivalent callsign would be Obisidan Leader (because she's the leader of Obsidian Squadron), but she's also nicknamed "Howlrunner."

• Locked thread